Try not to laugh when you read the following Associated Press quote from Miley Cyrus – and then stay tuned for a reason you should actually expect the Hannah Montana movie to be worthwhile. Honest.
So, first of all, here’s Ms. Cyrus on why there won’t be a sequel to this spring’s motion picture:
We got really lucky with having the material to make one movie. I don’t know if I would do another film, but I would love to do another season. That would be what we would all agree on.
Not all of us will agree on that, dear. See the comments section below for proof of that fact.
Read More »
The nation’s largest online movie ticket company, Fandango, has released some stats for Disney’s theatrical concert extravaganza opening this weekend, Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour. For those who don’t know but secretly care, the movie is in 3D. What does a $15 ticket buy in 3D? Well, how about: guitar pics flying at your face, mic stands being rocked so hard the Blues Brothers would duck, the totes siked hands of huge tween audiences grabbing for you, and one twirling drum stick going “wham!” Beowulf, I want my golden duckets back.
- The concert movie currently accounts for 91% of tickets sold on Fandango
- Over 1,000 showtimes are sold out don’t cha know
- It’s already the best selling concert movie in Fandango’s history (Bono and Keith Richards, up to it?)
- Theaters are adding Thursday midnight shows and 8 a.m. screenings (we don’t need no…)
- The movie’s been a bestseller on the site since December 1st
The movie is only playing in 683 locations according to the trades, but box office is expected to be boffo-in-sequins.