Demimonde, a show that was first announced all the way back in 2018, is still happening at HBO. And while we continue to know very little about the J.J. Abrams project, we now know who will be running the show. The Handmaid’s Tale executive producer Kira Snyder, and Rand Ravich and Far Shariat, who both worked on the NBC series Life, will all serve as co-showrunners.
Read More »
In this edition of TV Bits:
- HBO’s Watchmen TV series adds even more cast members
- American Horror Story season 8 premiere date set
- Comic book series Gideon Falls is being adapted for TV
- J.J. Abrams’ sci-fi HBO show Demimonde now has a showrunner
- What to expect from The Expanse season 4
- A trailer for Animals season 3
- Fox is adapting a French satirical puppet show for the U.S.
- The never-ending show Supernatural now has its own holiday in Austin, Texas
- Mike Myers talks about his strange Gong Show character
- Jimmy Fallon plans to host The Tonight Show as long as human possible
- Salman Rushdie‘s Midnight’s Children is being adapted for Netflix
- Fox cancels Ghosted
- A teaser trailer for Sons of Anarchy spin-off Mayans M.C.
Read More »
Whenever J.J. Abrams is behind a new sci-fi series, audiences pay attention. That’s mostly because of his involvement in the ABC series LOST, but more recently, Abrams also turned heads with the series adaptation of Michael Crichton’s 1973 film Westworld, which became a hit for HBO. Now, he’s be returning to the cable network with another intriguing new sci-fi series.
HBO beat out Apple in a bidding war for a new series called Demimonde, the first sci-fi project for television that J.J. Abrams has written himself since Fringe debuted on FOX on 2008. HBO has given the show a straight-to-series order, but what’s this Demimonde series about? Read More »