Posted on Tuesday, December 8th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Welcome back to Sequel Bits, that regular feature that’s all about sequels. And their bits. In today’s edition:
- Quentin Tarantino says Kill Bill Vol. 3 could still happen.
- Tom Hanks offers an update on his Toy Story 4 progress.
- Tyra Banks is officially back for a Life-Size sequel.
- Fuller House will address Michelle’s absence.
- Justin Theroux responds the Zoolander 2 controversies.
- Vin Diesel finds a leading lady for XXX: The Return of Xander Cage.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, December 1st, 2015 by Angie Han
It’s a bit surprising to realize now that the first Zoolander actually wasn’t a huge hit when it came out back in 2001. It was the 55th highest domestic grosser of the year, behind such gems as Rat Race and The Animal. Like most good comedies, however, it eventually found an audience, and over the past decade and a half, it’s become so beloved that it’s now spawned a sequel.
Zoolander 2 puts Derek (Ben Stiller), already an old-timer on his way out in the first film, back into the fashion game. This time, he’s wrapped up in a larger investigation of a mysterious killer targeting the world’s most beautiful people (of which Justin Bieber is apparently one). Fortunately, he’s got plenty of help beside him, including his rival-turned-BFF Hansel (Owen Wilson) and an impossibly gorgeous Interpol agent (Penélope Cruz). Watch the Zoolander 2 international trailer after the jump.
UPDATE: There’s also a new Zoolander 2 poster, which you can see after the jump. Read More »
Not enough modern comedies end with the demise of their characters. At least that’s what writer-director Adam McKay thinks. He’s been itching to kill off some of his characters for years now, including Baxter (Anchorman) and the horrific yet charming leads in Step Brothers, Brennan Huff (Will Ferrell) and Dale Doback (John C. Reilly). Another protagonist McKay would’ve enjoyed seeing perish in pure agony? Derek Zoolander (Ben Stiller).
Read about the Zoolander death scene we never saw after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 18th, 2015 by Angie Han
A decade and a half after he saved the Prime Rib of Propecia with the power of a single fierce look, Derek Zoolander (Ben Stiller) is back in the new trailer for Zoolander 2, along with his BFF Hansel (Owen Wilson). And you know what that means: things are about to get really, really, ridiculously good-looking — and really, really ridiculously stupid — up in here.
Zoolander 2 brings back Will Ferrell as Jacobim Mugatu, and introduces Penelope Cruz as an Interpol agent and Kristen Wiig as a fashion designer. Justin Bieber stars as himself, and Benedict Cumberbatch as… well, you’ll see. Watch the Zoolander 2 trailer after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, November 10th, 2015 by Angie Han
Though it’s been well over a decade since Derek saved the Prime Rib of Propecia, he looks hardly a day older in the first posters for Zoolander 2. For that matter, Hansel hasn’t aged at all either. They must have hyperbaric chambers at home a la J.P. Pruitt. Check out the new Zoolander 2 posters after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
It’s been 14 years since male model Derek Zoolander saved the Malaysian prime minister from being assassinated by a really, really, ridiculously good looking merman. But now Ben Stiller is back as the dimwitted fashion icon.
The teaser trailer for Zoolander 2 hand just debuted online, and while there’s no footage from the movie, it’s clear that Stiller is back in clueless male model mode as he argues with Stephen Hawking’s voiceover about the title of the sequel.
Watch the Zoolander 2 teaser below! Read More »
It’s time for another edition of Sequel Bits, this time with casting updates, an interview and updates on developing sequels. After the jump, here’s what we’ve got for you to check out:
- Nathan Lee Graham is coming back for Zoolander 2
- Sean Astin gives an update on Goonies 2
- Regina Hall & Nicki Minaj join the cast of Barbershop 3
- Paul Feig talks a bit more about his Ghostbusters reboot
- Ben Whishaw hints at a sequel to Paddington
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits has a bit of everything: Tons of casting news, some cute set photos, and a bunch of red-hot posters. After the jump:
- Lifetime’s The Omen sequel Damien moves to A&E
- An Absolutely Fabulous movie will shoot this year
- Heroes Reborn picks up The 100 and True Blood alums
- Jeff Daniels boards the train for the Divergent sequels
- Common and Deon Cole line up for Barbershop 3
- Starship Troopers could be headed to the small screen
- See the photos from the set of Inferno in Venice
- Ogle a series of Magic Mike XXL character posters
- Justin Bieber will make a cameo in Zoolander 2
Read More »
We’ve got set photos, release dates and cast announcements. Lots of good stuff in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- It Follows star Maika Monroe joins Independence Day 2.
- Michael Bay posts images of several vehicles from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
- Josh Gad explains how John Lasseter told him about Frozen 2.
- Kevin Smith talks the number of characters and influences for Mallrats 2.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 has been moved up two months.
- Keanu Reeves says Bill and Ted 3 is closer than ever.
- Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday is on Instagram.
- See Penelope Cruz in Zoolander 2.
- The Super Troopers 2 IndieGoGo campaign has ended.
Read More »