Posted on Friday, August 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Jennifer Love Hewitt and Ethan Embry want a Can’t Hardly Wait reunion
- Jason Bateman admits Horrible Bosses 2 was a paycheck gig
- Jonathan Ames is still working on that Bored to Death movie
- See more pics of Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone in Creed
- Zachary Quinto on returning to Star Trek without J.J. Abrams
- President Obama (or rather a portrait of him) photobombs an X-Files set pic
- The Maze Runner shares an informative viral video and a new poster
- Ansel Elgort and Theo James celebrate the end of Allegiant Part 1 shooting
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Annabeth Gish has joined the cast of the X-Files event series to reprise her role from the original series run. Fox announced that Gish will return as FBI Agent Monica Reyes, appearing alongside Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully and David Duchovny as Fox Mulder. The new six-episode series premieres on Sunday, January 24, and we may have to wait that long to see how Gish factors in.
Along with that news, this edition of Sequel Bits contains the following stories:
- Winona Ryder talks Beetlejuice 2,
- A trailer announces the home video release of The Toy Story That Time Forgot,
- The new Ice Age movie gets a new date and title,
- James Wan will produce the new Mortal Kombat film,
- Maybe you’ve heard about a Harry Potter TV series? It’s not a thing.
- William Sadler would like a Bill and Ted 3 part, please.
- There’s a poster for Ride Along 2…
- …and one for Kung Fu Panda 3,
- And Pirates of the Caribbean 5 wraps principal photography.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 6th, 2015 by Fred Topel
During their executive session with the Television Critics Association, Fox showed a clip from The X-Files new event series and talked about how the film will mix mythology and standalone episodes.
Read More »
Update from Editor Peter Sciretta: Fox has released another promo for the new edition of The X-Files, this one giving us a bit more Mulder And Scully. Hit the jump to watch The X-Files tv teaser trailer promo now.
Read More »
The revival of The X-Files coming to Fox in January just got a little more crowded with some familiar faces from the original run of the sci-fi series.
It’s a no-brainer that David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are back as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, but otherwise the only other returning faces reported have been Mitch Pileggi as Walter Skinner and William B. Davis as Cigarette-Smoking Man. There have also been rumors of Annabeth Gish and Robert Patrick returning as agents Monica Reyes and John Doggett, but it hasn’t been confirmed.
But now we have as close to official word as we can get that the trio known as The Lone Gunmen will also back back for The X-Files revival. Find out more about The Lone Gunmen returning to The X-Files after the jump! Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The X-Files is back in January, and in addition to returning stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, there are some new faces on the show. Among other additions, we now know that Robbie Amell (The Flash) and Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under) are suiting up as FBI agents for at least one episode of the six-episode event series. Read More »
For fans of The X-Files, the return of their favorite series in January of 2016 is already fantastic enough. But one massive fan of the sci-fi series that launched in the 90s is even more excited, because he actually gets to be part of the revival with Mulder and Scully.
Comedian Kumail Nanjiani has been making waves with a series regular role on the HBO comedy series Silicon Valley, but he’s also a very successful stand-up comedian with a podcast called The X-Files Files, which runs through each episode of the series one-by-one, talking about it with various guests from comedians to bloggers. Now he’ll have a small role in one of the episodes of The X-Files event series coming next year.
Find out more about Kumail Nanjiani joining The X-Files after the jump! Read More »
Fox is bringing The X-Files back to TV, and the network will bring people back to the series by running a one episode per day marathon. The marathon starts today, and now Fox has released a trailer for the marathon, and as a bonus it contains the first new X-Files footage, featuring David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.. Read More »
The truth is out there on social media. The X-Files revival is shooting now, with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson back in action as FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. Images from set over the past few days have shown unremarkable sights such as chairs marked for the actors, and an impossible-to-read script page. Today, however, Fox offered up something good: a monitor, showing an image of Mulder and Scully. Read More »