Casey Jones is officially joining the Turtles and maybe he’ll have a quiver along with his hockey stick. Stephen Amell, who plays the title role on CW’s Arrow, has been cast as the friendly vigilante in David Green‘s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. He’s the second new addition to the cast which brings back Megan Fox and Will Arnett along with everyone’s favorite heroes in half shell. Read about the Casey Jones casting below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Leave it to a Michael Bay-produced movie to give a Victoria’s Secret model her big-screen debut.
Alessandra Ambrosio was recently spotted kissing Will Arnett at a New York Knicks game and the tabloids went nuts. Which Arrested Development Star Was Smooching This Victora’s Secret Stunner? Turns out, the pair were actually filming a scene from Dave Green‘s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. Ambrosio is playing herself in the film, and it seems Arnett’s character is using the events of the first film to his advantage. Read more Alessandra Ambrosio Ninja Turtles info below. Read More »
Comedy, animation, action, fantasy, pretty much every genre is in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Shannen Doherty will be back for Mallrats 2.
- New photos from Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday.
- Genndy Tartakovsky won’t do Hotel Transylvania 3.
- Alex Winter thinks if Bill & Ted 3 doesn’t happen soon, it won’t happen at all.
- A fourth Girl With Dragon Tattoo book could reignite the franchise.
- See a intriguing set photo from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
- Pirates 5 puts out an interesting casting call.
- Dredd screenwriter Alex Garland talks Dredd 2.
- Sam Jones says the wheels are in motion for a Flash Gordon sequel.
- Judd Apatow – and no one else – wanted to make Superbad 2.
- BD Wong, the only returning cast member for Jurassic Park, shows up in new Jurassic World still.
- Spectre is filming its opening in Mexico City.
- Ninja Turtles 2 starts shooting soon.
Read More »
There are some big updates on some really big sequel in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Paul Feig says his Ghostbusters reboot will take place in New York and include winks to the original.
- Don’t fret, Ian Ziering and Tara Reid are returning for Sharknado 3.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 starts filming in April.
- There’s still no script for latest Friday the 13th sequel.
- See a new poster for Hot Tub Time Machine 2.
- Eddie Murphy sounds less than optimistic about Beverly Hills Cop 4.
- See an image of Roland Emmerich location scouting for Independence Day 2.
- New images of the evil D-Rex from Jurassic World have hit the web.
Read More »
The list of things wrong with the recent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film is pretty long. Way down on the list is that the film’s villains really weren’t that interesting or formidable. Well it seems new director Dave Green and screenwriters Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec are looking to at least solve that in the June 2016 sequel. Producer Andrew Form recently confirmed that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 will feature popular villains Bebop and Rocksteady. Read more about Ninja Turtles 2 Bebop and Rocksteady. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, December 4th, 2014 by Angie Han
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles may have left critics cold, but that didn’t stop a lot of other people from shelling out for a ticket. Enough people did so, in fact, that Paramount dated a sequel before the first film’s opening weekend was done. And now it seems they’ve found the guy to steer that ship.
According to a new report, Earth to Echo helmer Dave Green is looking to helm Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. Screenwriters Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec, who penned the last movie, will write and executive produce. More about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 director after the jump. Read More »
The big-screen revival of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has done well enough to warrant a sequel. And so TMNT 2 (or whatever the title will be) is already greenlit for a 2016 release. The first film didn’t feature many fan-favorite elements from various previous Turtle incarnations, and it changed some of the stuff that was included. So what can we expect in the sequel? Director Jonathan Liebesman and producers Brad Fuller and Andrew Form have been talking, and they suggest there’s a chance that the TMNT sequel characters could include some or all of the following: Krang, Casey Jones, and Bebop and Rocksteady.
Read quotes on all that below, and see some concept art for Turtle designs that didn’t make the cut for this first film. Read More »
Buzz be dammed, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ruled the box office this weekend. The reboot earned an estimated $65 million and Paramount quickly jumped into action. Sunday morning, the studio greenlit the sequel and already set a release date: June 3, 2016. Screenwriters Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec will once again write with Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes team once again producing. There’s no word if Jonathan Liebsman will direct. Read more about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sequel below. Read More »