We’ve got set photos, release dates and cast announcements. Lots of good stuff in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- It Follows star Maika Monroe joins Independence Day 2.
- Michael Bay posts images of several vehicles from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
- Josh Gad explains how John Lasseter told him about Frozen 2.
- Kevin Smith talks the number of characters and influences for Mallrats 2.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 has been moved up two months.
- Keanu Reeves says Bill and Ted 3 is closer than ever.
- Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday is on Instagram.
- See Penelope Cruz in Zoolander 2.
- The Super Troopers 2 IndieGoGo campaign has ended.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 by Angie Han
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 is going to be a Tyler Perry movie. But don’t worry, that doesn’t mean the amphibian warriors are getting a dressing down from Madea. Perry is playing Baxter Stockman, a scientist whose inventions spell trouble for Master Splinter. Learn more about the Ninja Turtles Tyler Perry casting after the jump. Read More »
I’m in Las Vegas for the yearly CinemaCon convention (formerly ShoWest) which is the largest gathering of movie theatre exhibitors. The convention is filled with talks about how to maximize profits and a show floor filled with the newest and best concessions equipment. More notably, most of the major movie studios hold presentations of their upcoming film line-ups for the next year and beyond, and some even show some of their films early to get some excitement from those booking the screens.
This morning we saw a presentation from Paramount Pictures showcasing some of their big upcoming films including Terminator Genisys, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, Star Trek 3, Zoolander 2 and more. After the presentation I recorded a spoiler free CinemaCon Paramount reaction video reaction with Steve from Collider, which you can watch that now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Casey Jones is officially joining the Turtles and maybe he’ll have a quiver along with his hockey stick. Stephen Amell, who plays the title role on CW’s Arrow, has been cast as the friendly vigilante in David Green‘s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. He’s the second new addition to the cast which brings back Megan Fox and Will Arnett along with everyone’s favorite heroes in half shell. Read about the Casey Jones casting below. Read More »
Leave it to a Michael Bay-produced movie to give a Victoria’s Secret model her big-screen debut.
Alessandra Ambrosio was recently spotted kissing Will Arnett at a New York Knicks game and the tabloids went nuts. Which Arrested Development Star Was Smooching This Victora’s Secret Stunner? Turns out, the pair were actually filming a scene from Dave Green‘s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. Ambrosio is playing herself in the film, and it seems Arnett’s character is using the events of the first film to his advantage. Read more Alessandra Ambrosio Ninja Turtles info below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Comedy, animation, action, fantasy, pretty much every genre is in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Shannen Doherty will be back for Mallrats 2.
- New photos from Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday.
- Genndy Tartakovsky won’t do Hotel Transylvania 3.
- Alex Winter thinks if Bill & Ted 3 doesn’t happen soon, it won’t happen at all.
- A fourth Girl With Dragon Tattoo book could reignite the franchise.
- See a intriguing set photo from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
- Pirates 5 puts out an interesting casting call.
- Dredd screenwriter Alex Garland talks Dredd 2.
- Sam Jones says the wheels are in motion for a Flash Gordon sequel.
- Judd Apatow – and no one else – wanted to make Superbad 2.
- BD Wong, the only returning cast member for Jurassic Park, shows up in new Jurassic World still.
- Spectre is filming its opening in Mexico City.
- Ninja Turtles 2 starts shooting soon.
Read More »
There are some big updates on some really big sequel in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Paul Feig says his Ghostbusters reboot will take place in New York and include winks to the original.
- Don’t fret, Ian Ziering and Tara Reid are returning for Sharknado 3.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 starts filming in April.
- There’s still no script for latest Friday the 13th sequel.
- See a new poster for Hot Tub Time Machine 2.
- Eddie Murphy sounds less than optimistic about Beverly Hills Cop 4.
- See an image of Roland Emmerich location scouting for Independence Day 2.
- New images of the evil D-Rex from Jurassic World have hit the web.
Read More »
The list of things wrong with the recent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film is pretty long. Way down on the list is that the film’s villains really weren’t that interesting or formidable. Well it seems new director Dave Green and screenwriters Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec are looking to at least solve that in the June 2016 sequel. Producer Andrew Form recently confirmed that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 will feature popular villains Bebop and Rocksteady. Read more about Ninja Turtles 2 Bebop and Rocksteady. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 4th, 2014 by Angie Han
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles may have left critics cold, but that didn’t stop a lot of other people from shelling out for a ticket. Enough people did so, in fact, that Paramount dated a sequel before the first film’s opening weekend was done. And now it seems they’ve found the guy to steer that ship.
According to a new report, Earth to Echo helmer Dave Green is looking to helm Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. Screenwriters Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec, who penned the last movie, will write and executive produce. More about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 director after the jump. Read More »