HBO released a second teaser trailer for season 3 of The Newsroom attached to season the series finale of True Blood. The new teaser shows the cast and crew setting up in front of the camera right before “action” is called and the cameras begin to roll. Watch The Newsroom Season 3 teaser trailer now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
HBO has released a second full length trailer for Aaron Sorkin‘s return to television — The Newsroom. In the series, Jeff Daniels plays “a big-time, buttoned-up news anchor who finally lets his real personality fly, and then has to deal with the career fallout that results.” Watch the trailer embedded after the jump, and leave your thoughts in the comments below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
Ellen Burstyn gets political, while Mitt Romney goes Hollywood. After the jump:
- Ellen Burstyn is Sigourney Weaver’s mom in Politcal Animals
- Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney could cameo on SNL
- Relax: Maggie Smith is not leaving Downton Abbey yet
- DirecTV and Starz renew their distribution deal
- A first look at the cast of Aaron Sorkin’s Newsroom…
- … the premiere of which will feature Jesse Eisenberg’s voice
- The first episode of HBO’s new comedy Girls is now online
- True Blood unveils a playful new teaser for Season 5
- Fringe has shot two different endings, in case it gets cancelled
Read More »
Aaron Sorkin returns to television with The Newsroom, and this first trailer makes the show out to be so very Aaron Sorkin. For fans of The West Wing and Sports Night, that’s probably all you need to hear.
For those who aren’t predisposed to love Sorkin’s work, here’s the attraction in The Newsroom: Jeff Daniels, playing a big-time, buttoned-up news anchor who finally lets his real personality fly, and then has to deal with the career fallout that results. There are a few potential red flags in this trailer: Sorkin’s near-trademark treatment of women; the possibility that the main figure is a political mouthpiece in search of a character; and a reliance once more on Sorkin’s classic “one man fighting the good fight” approach.
But good lord, Jeff Daniels just looks great. He’s an actor that is often dismissed, I think, and the brief couple minutes of this trailer may be enough to change that for many people. Read More »