Posted on Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s hit it. After the jump:
- Get details on the Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation home video release
- The Olsen twins are “always welcome” to drop by Fuller House
- Drew Goddard says the studio really wanted a Cabin in the Woods 2
- Mia Wasikowska says the Alice in Wonderland sequel has less CG
- Drafthouse Films picks up Klown Forever for distribution in the U.S.
- Now Homeland‘s Damian Lewis is the subject of “next James Bond” rumors
- Exactly how many Aston Martin DB10s were destroyed in the making of Spectre?
- Blade Runner 2 director Denis Villeneuve would like to make a Bond film
- The Art of Kung Fu Panda 3 reveals another look at the sequel
- The cast of Resident Evil 6 shares more photos from the set
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Principal photography on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter is now underway in South Africa, and as we confirmed previously by way of returning cast member Ali Larter, this will be the final installment of the ongoing Resident Evil film franchise (though that doesn’t preclude a reboot from happening years from now).
And with shooting commencing across the globe, Screen Gems has announced the full cast for the film that will again be directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, who also wrote the screenplay for the video game sequel. We already know Milla Jovovich is back in the lead role as Alice (and we’ve seen a photo of her getting to work on set), but there’s a few other returning cast members too. Read More »
How many Resident Evil movies are they going to make and who still watches these “films”? I ask myself this question whenever a new Resident Evil movie is announced. And while Resident Evil 6 is tentatively titled Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, that isn’t a binding contract. (Remember in 2009, when the The Final Destination was marketed as the last film in that franchise?). But returning Resident Evil franchise star Ali Larter (who will play Claire Redfield for the third time) promises this film will actually mark the end of the franchise.
Read More »
Sony dated two Bad Boys sequels today, but those flags weren’t the only ones planted by the studio. There’s also the Dark Tower release plan, and a date for a new Jumanji movie, too. And that isn’t all.
Sony has set 2016 dates for Passengers, Underworld 5, and The Magnificent 7, and also set up spots in 2017 for Edgar Wright‘s Baby Driver, and the new Resident Evil movie, along with a new Uncharted movie release date. Check out the whole upcoming Sony films calendar below. Read More »
The Resident Evil series is preparing to shoot its final installment now, under the direction of returning filmmaker Paul W.S. Anderson, with Milla Jovovich once again in the lead role. Now we know that another player from older chapters of the series is returning, as Ali Larter has been confirmed to reprise her role as Claire Redfield in the upcoming sixth film, tentatively titled Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Arnie is optimistic about Shane Black‘s Predator sequel.
- Terminator 5 scribes talk James Cameron, time travel, and deleted scenes.
- Samuel L. Jackson is totally up for another Unbreakable movie.
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make a third Kill Bill someday.
- The M:I5 plane stunt was inspired in part by Uncharted.
- Pacific Rim 2 could help get Hellboy 3 made… if it’s a hit.
- Sinister 2 distributes a series of creepy “collector’s cards.”
- Patrick Wilson shares a photo from the Conjuring 2 set.
- Milla Jovovich gets to work on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Donate to charity for a chance to win a role in Star Trek Beyond.
- LeBron James (jokingly) pitches an idea for Trainwreck 2.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 by Angie Han
Forget all those cute little indies from Sundance — let’s dive into some big blockbuster sequels. After the jump:
- Get details on Arnold‘s big fight scene in Terminator: Genisys
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter will shoot this summer
- Colin Firth “might be ready” for Bridget Jones 3
- Now You See Me 2 picks up Henry Lloyd-Hughes
- Christine Taylor‘s Matilda will return for Zoolander 2
- Chris Pine likes Simon Pegg as the Star Trek 3 screenwriter
- Watch the trailer for The Man with the Iron Fists 2
- The Divergent sequel Insurgent gets one more poster
- A Hot Tub Time Machine 2 TV spot warns against deflated balls
- Ted 2 gets a poster and a certain Patriots quarterback
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 17th, 2014 by Angie Han
Call it the end of an era. According to director Paul W.S. Anderson, the long-running Resident Evil franchise will conclude with the upcoming sixth installment, tentatively titled Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. Hit the jump for more details on the film.
Read More »