Pirates 5 shoots 2015

Will audiences, like battered old ships, soon have to weather a year-long barrage of new Pirates of the Caribbean marketing? While the Jerry Bruckheimer and Johnny Depp partnership with Disney isn’t what it once was — Bruckheimer doesn’t even have a deal with the studio any longer — there’s still a plan to make Pirates of the Caribbean 5.

The film has been in development for a while, with Kon-Tiki filmmakers Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg set to direct from a script by Jeff Nathanson. Despite the fact that cast rumors have come up, however, Disney said earlier this year that the film isn’t greenlit, and it isn’t on the release schedule.

But now Bruckheimer says they hope to shoot the film in early 2015, which means a 2016 release could be planned. Read More »

.

Please Recommend /Film on Facebook

Pirates of the Caribbean

Briefly: Jerry Bruckheimer and Johnny Depp are prepping the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean movie, with Kon Tiki directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg taking the helm. Jeff Nathanson is scripting, and while we don’t know any story details at this point, now we’ve got a title. The series will finally get around to using a classic pirate phrase, as the film is reportedly titled Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.

The info comes via This Is Infamous, which got the title in an interview with the directors. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales will shoot in early 2014, and is set for release on July 15, 2015. There has been talk that Disney will limit Bruckheimer’s autonomy on this chapter, but it remains to be seen how that will affect the film, if indeed it will at all.

Cool Posts From Around the Web: