Pirates 5 shoots 2015

Will audiences, like battered old ships, soon have to weather a year-long barrage of new Pirates of the Caribbean marketing? While the Jerry Bruckheimer and Johnny Depp partnership with Disney isn’t what it once was — Bruckheimer doesn’t even have a deal with the studio any longer — there’s still a plan to make Pirates of the Caribbean 5.

The film has been in development for a while, with Kon-Tiki filmmakers Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg set to direct from a script by Jeff Nathanson. Despite the fact that cast rumors have come up, however, Disney said earlier this year that the film isn’t greenlit, and it isn’t on the release schedule.

But now Bruckheimer says they hope to shoot the film in early 2015, which means a 2016 release could be planned.

In a video interview, the producer discusses the shoot plan very briefly, but without leaving any question about the ambition to get it done early next year. This is just a tiny snippet of interview, but in it Bruckheimer airs clear hopes for a start date for the film. It was conducted at the 54th Monte-Carlo Television Festival on June 09, 2014 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. WTLV has the video.

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 was originally scheduled for release in 2015, but was taken off the release schedule. Rumors planted it in 2016 or even 2017. And while Jerry Bruckheimer left Disney for Paramount, he said he would still help develop the sequel. Despite the lackluster returns for The Lone Ranger Depp continues to work with Disney; he’s set to do the new Alice in Wonderland film, for example. And it seems Pirates isn’t going to be let go yet.

Thanks to /Film reader Sean for pointing out the link.

Cool Posts From Around the Web:

.

Please Recommend /Film on Facebook

blog comments powered by Disqus