Back in February, Disney announced a new series of Star Wars animated short films titled LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises a prequel to Episode VII featuring characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The first short in the series, titled Poe to the Rescue premiered on DisneyXD, and was later put online for everyone to enjoy. Disney has now released three more LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises shorts, titled The Trouble with Rathtars, Hunting for Han and Rey Strikes Back. All three shorts are a fun watch and well worth your time. I wish Disney would make an actual animated series out of these and not just shorts. Watch the two new LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises short films now after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Back in February, we got word from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Lucasfilm that LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens was coming to video game consoles this summer. The first trailer delivered an amusing spoof of the first teaser trailer for the movie, and now a new gameplay trailer shows how the movie has been spiced up a bit with some trademark LEGO goofiness, not to mention the cool game modes available to be played.
Watch the new LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens trailer after the jump. Read More »
There are a slew of incredible LEGO Star Wars sets out there, but for some reason The Empire Strikes Back hasn’t really properly been given its due diligence in building brick form. Specifically, with the exception of a Snowspeeder and AT-AT, the playsets recreating scenes from the opening battle on Hoth have been lackluster at best. But that changes this spring with a new Echo Base LEGO set that is nearly everything you ever wanted from a LEGO Hoth playset. See more photos below. Read More »
I’ve outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers mind you, I’m talking about the big Star Wars Bits now. Here’s the updates we have from a galaxy far, far away this time:
- Are three live-action Star Wars shows planned for Netflix?
- Bob Iger has already seen The Force Awakens…mostly.
- Simon Pegg talks his experience on The Force Awakens set.
- Game of Thrones actors in The Force Awakens confirmed?
- New LEGO Star Wars photography book coming in November.
- Gary Whitta talks Star Wars: Rogue One writing process.
- J.J. Abrams on pressure of directing The Force Awakens.
Read More »
You’re all clear, kid! Now let’s read these Star Wars Bits and go home! Here’s all the good stuff we’ve got below for today’s round-up of Star Wars updates for the weekend:
- Which Star Wars character does Brad Bird want to direct a movie about?
- Lords of the Sith novel made The New York Times bestseller list
- See a piece of concept art with an alternate version of Kylo Ren
- StarWars.com counts down the best Star Wars costumes
- Star Wars Weekends is getting some cool ice cubes and cupcakes
- Infographic tracks the Millennium Falcon in the Star Wars saga
- Star Wars gets a new exhibit at Madame Tussauds in London
- Potential Star Wars: Rogue One spoilers concerning returning characters
- Two new Vinylmation figures coming to Star Wars Weekends
- See a LEGO Super Star Destroyer destroyed in slow-motion
- What planet are the X-Wings flying on in The Force Awakens trailers?
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens t-shirt at Star Wars Weekends
- Millennium Falcon and more playable vehicles in Star Wars Battlefront
- Sneak preview of Star Wars #5 comic book
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
LEGO has released a tiny brick recreation of the now-famous Star Wars Episode 7 script reading. LEGO released the image on twitter with the text “You’ve met the actors, now meet the Minifigure cast of @starwars Episode VII! #LEGOStarWars #StarWarsVII” Hit the jump to see the photo side by side with the original image from the Star Wars Episode VII script reading.
Read More »