Posted on Thursday, June 30th, 2016 by Angie Han
Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams may not actually appear onscreen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but they’re every bit as essential to the story as Rey or Finn or Kylo Ren — arguably even more so, since they’re the architects who designed it in the first place. So why should they have to sit out Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens while Lego Rey and Lego Finn and Lego Kylo Ren have all the fun?
Well, now they don’t. Turns out Abrams and Kennedy are playable characters in the video game, which just hit shelves this week. Click through to see a video of Lego J.J. Abrams and Lego Kathleen Kennedy in action in Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Taking place between the events of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, Disney XD’s LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures follows a young family of scavengers running a business together. As the siblings work on building up their repair shop, they come face-to-face with some notable characters from the Star Wars universe, including Darth Vader, Maz Kanata, and Jaba the Hutt.
Below, watch the LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures trailer.
Read More »
As you probably know by now, Disney has teamed with LEGO to release a series of Star Wars animated short films set before the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. We’ve posted a bunch of them on the site in the past, and they are definitely worth your time. The latest one, the fifth in the series, is titled “Attack of the Conscience” and tells Finn’s (at the time, still FN-2187) story leading up to the seconds before we see he in JJ Abrams‘ Episode VII. Watch that short and the other four previously released LEGO Star Wars animated short films, after the jump.
Read More »
It’s Star Wars Day! Some of us were hoping the day would bring a Star Wars: Episode VIII teaser trailer or some kind of new sneak peek for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. But instead, we’re getting a bunch of sales on Star Wars merchandise, and promotions of new goods on the way, like the LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens video game coming to shelves this summer.
A new LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer has just arrived, and I will say that one thing making this particular LEGO Star Wars installment is the involvement Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver and even Harrison Ford as their respective characters from the movie. They got Harrison Ford to say the phrase “Wookiee cookies,” for crying out loud! It adds a certain level of authenticity and more fun that the previous LEGO Star Wars games were lacking. Watch below! Read More »
Back in February, we got word from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Lucasfilm that LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens was coming to video game consoles this summer. The first trailer delivered an amusing spoof of the first teaser trailer for the movie, and now a new gameplay trailer shows how the movie has been spiced up a bit with some trademark LEGO goofiness, not to mention the cool game modes available to be played.
Watch the new LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens trailer after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There are a slew of incredible LEGO Star Wars sets out there, but for some reason The Empire Strikes Back hasn’t really properly been given its due diligence in building brick form. Specifically, with the exception of a Snowspeeder and AT-AT, the playsets recreating scenes from the opening battle on Hoth have been lackluster at best. But that changes this spring with a new Echo Base LEGO set that is nearly everything you ever wanted from a LEGO Hoth playset. See more photos below. Read More »
I’ve outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers mind you, I’m talking about the big Star Wars Bits now. Here’s the updates we have from a galaxy far, far away this time:
- Are three live-action Star Wars shows planned for Netflix?
- Bob Iger has already seen The Force Awakens…mostly.
- Simon Pegg talks his experience on The Force Awakens set.
- Game of Thrones actors in The Force Awakens confirmed?
- New LEGO Star Wars photography book coming in November.
- Gary Whitta talks Star Wars: Rogue One writing process.
- J.J. Abrams on pressure of directing The Force Awakens.
Read More »
You’re all clear, kid! Now let’s read these Star Wars Bits and go home! Here’s all the good stuff we’ve got below for today’s round-up of Star Wars updates for the weekend:
- Which Star Wars character does Brad Bird want to direct a movie about?
- Lords of the Sith novel made The New York Times bestseller list
- See a piece of concept art with an alternate version of Kylo Ren
- StarWars.com counts down the best Star Wars costumes
- Star Wars Weekends is getting some cool ice cubes and cupcakes
- Infographic tracks the Millennium Falcon in the Star Wars saga
- Star Wars gets a new exhibit at Madame Tussauds in London
- Potential Star Wars: Rogue One spoilers concerning returning characters
- Two new Vinylmation figures coming to Star Wars Weekends
- See a LEGO Super Star Destroyer destroyed in slow-motion
- What planet are the X-Wings flying on in The Force Awakens trailers?
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens t-shirt at Star Wars Weekends
- Millennium Falcon and more playable vehicles in Star Wars Battlefront
- Sneak preview of Star Wars #5 comic book
Read More »
LEGO has released a tiny brick recreation of the now-famous Star Wars Episode 7 script reading. LEGO released the image on twitter with the text “You’ve met the actors, now meet the Minifigure cast of @starwars Episode VII! #LEGOStarWars #StarWarsVII” Hit the jump to see the photo side by side with the original image from the Star Wars Episode VII script reading.
Read More »