Posted on Thursday, February 28th, 2013 by Angie Han
Stay classy, New York City? Director Adam McKay reveals that Anchorman: The Legend Continues will take the Channel 4 News Team to the Big Apple. Also after the jump:
- Jason Clarke comments very briefly about his Apes character
- Rooney Mara “definitely” wants to do the Dragon Tattoo sequel
- Super Troopers 2 will “hopefully” shoot sometime this year
- Looks like a second Star Trek Into Darkness trailer is coming soon
- Producer Eli Roth is “very proud” of The Last Exorcism Part II
- Speaking of, check out the film’s terrifying beauty shop prank
- Paranormal Activity 5 might have special ghosts for 3D glasses
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is full of fighters, whether they be well-meaning brutes, cuddly panda bears, starving teenagers, or ’80s action stars. After the jump:
- Jennifer Lawrence will make a whole lot of money for Catching Fire
- Mickey Rourke is in talks to reprise play Marv again for Sin City 2
- DreamWorks’ Kung Fu Panda 3 will be a Chinese co-production
- Broken Lizard guy says Super Troopers 2 could shoot this year
- Expendables 2 brings you a motorcycle crashing into a chopper
- Frank Marshall still has no plans for more Back to the Future
Read More »
One major sequel is about to go into production, another one has been moved, and there are a few other minor notes in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read about:
- Legendary Entertainment has released a logo for The Hangover Part III.
- Actress Lin Shaye said she’d really like to come back for Insidious 2.
- James Cameron‘s Avatar 2 will not be released until 2015, at the earliest
- Talks of Avatar 4 are premature but haven’t been ruled out.
- The Broken Lizard guys say they’ve handed in a script to Super Troopers 2 and it’s likely to happen. Potfest might happen too.
Read More »
Posted on Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 by Angie Han
It’s been three years since Broken Lizard’s last film, The Slammin’ Salmon, and six years since their last semi-hit, Beerfest, but the comedy group is coming back this summer with a fresh new feature. Well, kinda. The Babymakers isn’t technically a Broken Lizard film — while troupe leader Jay Chandrasekhar directs, not all the team members appear, and the ones that do play supporting roles to non-Lizard stars Paul Schneider and Olivia Munn. Still, I’m betting fans will be happy to see at least a partial reunion, and the premise of the film sounds right up their alley.
Written by Peter Gaulke and Gerry Swallow, The Babymakers centers around a married couple (Schneider and Munn) trying for their first child. When it becomes apparent that husband Tommy is shooting blanks, however, he enlists the aid of his friends in breaking into a sperm bank to retrieve a deposit he made several years ago. Kevin Heffernan, Nat Faxon, Wood Harris, M.C. Gainey, and Aisha Tyler also star. Watch the first trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 12th, 2012 by Angie Han
This edition of Sequel Bits is all about the third-greatest gift, laughter. After the jump:
- Alex Winter talks about the Bill & Ted 3 script
- Cloudy 2 gets a holiday release date
- Jay Chandrasekhar wants to move on Super Troopers 2
- Disney considers ways to expand the Muppets franchise
Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 26th, 2011 by Angie Han
In a weird way, it seems appropriate that the first footage from Jay Chandrasekar‘s The Babymakers would leak over the holidays. After all, the season is about family, and this film is ostensibly about starting a family. Of course, this being a film from the guy who directed Beerfest, what it really ends up being about is a lot of semen jokes. Hooray.
Olivia Munn and Paul Schneider star as a married couple who want to start a family but are having trouble conceiving. When the husband learns that it’s because he is infertile, he enlists his friends and an Indian mob hitman (Chandrasekar) to help him break into a sperm bank and steal back a deposit he made years ago. This seems to be a rough cut of a promotional trailer rather than a finished theatrical trailer, so keep that in mind as you make your judgment. Watch the NSFW trailer after the jump.
Read More »
We reported on the last round of casting for Celeste and Jesse Forever just the other day, when Emma Roberts, Ari Graynor and Chris Messina joined the cast of the film that follows Rashida Jones (who co-wrote) and Andy Samberg as a couple who tries to maintain their friendship while still living in the same house during their divorce. Now Elijah Wood has signed on as well; THR says he’ll be “Celeste’s business partner, a metrosexual who tries to be her ‘saucy gay friend.’” I’m not sure if that means the character is gay, or if he’s a straight guy who tries to play that role with Celeste (Rashida Jones). Either way, I’ll be happy to see Elijah Wood do outright comedy, since we don’t often see him in that mode on the big screen.
After the break, Colin Hanks continues his hot streak and Paul Schneider breaks his lizard. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Earlier tonight we reported that Jesse Eisenberg is in talks to star in Ruben Fleischer‘s Zombieland. But you might be wondering, who exactly is Ruben Fleischer?
Answer: Rleischer He has directed a few music videos for bands ranging from Piebald to M.I.A., in addition tosome commercial work (including this Up Late With The King commercial for Burger King). But I’d like to point you to some of his short films.
First up is Load/Unload, which stars Nick Thune and Kevin Heffernan of Broken Lizard fame.
[flv:http://bitcast-a.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/trailers/loadunload.flv 460 256]
Next up is another short film from 2007, titled Phone Tag, which features Olivia Munn of G4′s Attack of the Show fame.
[flv:http://bitcast-a.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/trailers/phonetag.flv 460 236]
And finally, you can check out Fleischer’s 2001 short film The Girls Guitar Club which stars 24′s Mary Lynn Rajskub:
[flv:http://bitcast-a.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/trailers/girlsguitarclub.flv 400 190]