Posted on Monday, September 22nd, 2014 by Angie Han
Oliver Stone decided over the summer that he wants to make an Edward Snowden biopic, and now he may be closing in on a lead. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is reportedly closing in on the drama, though no deal is set in stone just yet. Hit the jump for more details on the possible Joseph Gordon-Levitt Edward Snowden casting.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Judging by the first box-office numbers for the Sin City sequel, the real question here might be “did you even see it?” Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez have returned to the black, white, and bloody world of their first collaboration with a couple more stories adapted from Miller’s Sin City comics stories, along with some new material. The first film was novel and striking in aesthetic, and the sequel still looks like almost nothing else.
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For brings back some familiar faces (Powers Boothe, Jessica Alba, Bruce Willis, Rosario Dawson ,and Mickey Rourke in extreme makeup) to get into some super-dark and violent dealings with new characters played by Eva Green, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Christopher Meloni. Josh Brolin takes over the character originally played by Clive Owen, while Dennis Haysbert inherits the role originated by the late Michael Clarke Duncan.
That’s a lot of talent, but do all their efforts make for a film that offers audiences a satisfying trip to the underbelly of Sin City? Weigh in below.
Posted on Thursday, August 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
Hollywood has been trying to get an adaptation of Neil Gaiman‘s The Sandman off the ground for years, and as of now it looks like Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be the guy to finally make it happen.
Although Warner Bros. has not yet said when exactly we’ll see the Sandman movie, the producer (and possibly also star and director) assures that it’s coming. “We’re working towards it,” Gordon-Levitt affirmed in a recent status update. Hit the jump to read his latest comments on the project.
Read More »
Some very interesting Star Wars Rebels news combines with some fun, and potentially revealing Star Wars Episode VII news. In this edition of Star Wars Bits, read about the following:
- Looper and Brick star Joseph Gordon-Levitt geeks out over Rian Johnson directing Star Wars Episode VIII.
- Screenwriter Gary Whitta posts a familiar phrase.
- Toys R Us posted an interesting behind the scenes Star Wars Rebels video.
- The Star Wars Fan Film Awards are back.
- Domnhall Gleeson reveals the one thing Star Wars Episode VII stars are allowed to say about the filming.
- An artist reveals what a Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper might look like
- WWE wrestler Sheamus was on the same island as Star Wars Episode VII.
- Darth Vader is likely in Star Wars Rebels.
- An apparently Star Wars braintrust meeting is taking place in London soon.
Read More »
Sony Pictures Entertainment has released the first official photo from Robert Zemeckis‘ Flight follow-up The Walk, starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt as daredevil Philippe Petit. As you probably know, Petit (with the help of a few conspirators) strung a wire between the twin towers of the World Trade Center in 1974, allowing him to do a 45-minute high-wire performance show above the streets of Manhattan. The Walk is based on Petit’s 2002 book To Reach the Clouds: My High Wire Walk Between the Twin Towers which was also chronicled in the 2008 documentary Man on Wire, and now Zemeckis is crafting a dramatized take on the “the artistic crime of the century.” Check out the first official imafes from The Walk, below.
Read More »
Today is the 40th anniversary of Philippe Petit‘s wild walk between the twin towers of the World Trade Center. The death defying act, in which Petit performed a high wire act on a wire covertly strung between the two towers, is chronicled in Robert Zemeckis‘ new film, The Walk. That’s the final title for a film which has borne a few different names over the past few months. (The story is also told in James Marsh’s excellent documentary Man on Wire.) To celebrate the anniversary and the completion of production, star Joseph Gordon-Levitt appears in a video commemorating the anniversary and inviting HitRecord fans to share their own impossible dreams. Read More »
Sin City is a place of excess, and the new Sin City: A Dame to Kill For trailer should fit right in. There is the parade of stars and notable guest-stars, from Josh Brolin, Eva Green and Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Bruce Willis, Jessica Alba, Mickey Rourke, and Powers Boothe. Then there’s the violence, and the sex, and the splashes of color splattered across the stark black and white imagery. Looks like there’s a lot going on in this new trip to Sin City; watch the trailer below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, May 29th, 2014 by Angie Han
Lots of things to see in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- See a Transformers viral video and prepare for another trailer
- Michael Bay comments on the cool cars in Transformers 4
- 22 Jump Street gets another clip and another featurette
- Check out the trailer for Steve Coogan‘s The Trip to Italy
- Another Trailer Park Boys movie opens in the U.S. this fall
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Robert Rodriguez talk Sin City 2
- Here’s the Sin City 2 poster that was too hot for the MPAA
- Here’s the Dolphin Tale 2 poster that was just fine with the MPAA
Read More »