Star Wars Rebels is the focus of this edition of Star Wars Bits, including connections to Episode VII, VIII and IX, but there are rumors, cool Marvel Comics teases and more. Below, read about the following:
- See three Star Wars Rebels propaganda posters designed by Eric Tan.
- Disney executives are placing extra special pressure on Star Wars Episode VII.
- A popular supporting character in The Clone Wars returns for Star Wars Rebels.
- Read the descriptions of the first six episodes in the series.
- Scott Derrickson is not up for a Star Wars project.
- Carrie Fisher talks about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Marvel Comics is working on a Star Wars comic from a new era.
- Simon Kinberg talks Rebels connecting to Episode VII and The Inquisitor.
- The New York Times covers Star Wars Rebels.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
These three Star Wars posters are so beautiful, we figured they needed to be featured twice.
Eric Tan is one of our favorite artists here at /Film but, unlike others, he doesn’t release a lot of prints. That’s because his day job is a designer at Disney. That’s cool on its own, but in the past few years, it means he gets to play in the coolest sandbox of all: Star Wars. Over the past few months, Disney has been sporadically releasing Tan’s posters for Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and this week, he revealed Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
Unfortunately, Disney chose to only release these Eric Tan Star Wars posters framed and that makes them quite expensive. But you should check them out below and read more about the beautiful posters. Read More »
It was an exciting weekend to be a Star Wars fan. If you missed the fun, don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Below, read the following:
- Watch the first footage of actual filming on the set of Star Wars Episode VII featuring John Boyega. (Non-spoiler, too!)
- See potential set photos of Adam Driver and Gwendoline Christie on set in very Star Wars-y outfits. (spoilers hidden)
- Is Endor a location in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Disneyland Paris will gets Star Wars upgrade in the coming years.
- WWE wrestler Sheamus settles that Darth Vader rumor.
- Crazy rumors say Daniel Craig, Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson and Hugh Jackman are in Episode VII.
- Watch two new Star Wars Rebels TV spots.
- Look at Eric Tan‘s amazing Star Wars Trilogy prints and the above Han Solo piece.
Read More »
While we might have to wait a little while longer for a proper Guardians Of The Galaxy anime, Marvel is going to bring the galactic superhero group to Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers in Japan. According to IO9, the “ridiculous, Beyblade/Pokémon-esque anime series” is “designed solely to sell Marvel merch to young kids.” And next week our new favorite group of space misfits are set to appear on the anime series.
I should note that the art above is not from the anime episode but actually an amazing piece done by one of our favorite artists, Eric Tan, who created the anime-style art of Big Hero 6 which will be sold in Disney Stores at some point. Also note the piece is flipped sideways to fit our header image guidelines. Which brings us to the question: what will the real Guardians of the Galaxy anime designs look like? Hit the jump to see a photo and video.
Read More »
Lots of cool merchandise and droids are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Watch a BBC News report try to figure out if Star Wars Episode VII is shooting in the woods.
- Chopper the astromech droid is built in a new Star Wars Rebels video.
- Check out a new Star Wars Rebels poster.
- Eric Tan‘s insane Empire Strikes Back poster is now on sale.
- Check out the R2-D2 Hot Wheels coming to Comic-Con.
- Han Solo and Chewbacca have been revealed from the upcoming Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars.
Read More »
A new Star Wars trailer for the “lost episodes” of the Clone Wars headlines this jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Watch the trailer for Star Wars: The Clone Wars – The Lost Missions coming soon to Netflix.
- Harrison Ford is rumored to be part of a TV miniseries being shot during the Star Wars Episode VII filming schedule.
- Star Wars merchandise is now being sold in Disney stores in person and online.
- Artist Eric Tan makes his first Star Wars poster.
- The female Star Wars Rebels character toys will debut at San Diego Comic-Con.
- Sign a petition to name a stage at Pinewood Studios after late Return of the Jedi director Richard Marquand.
- The sound mixer for Star Wars Episode VII is excited.
Read More »
This Friday, Gallery 1988 East in Los Angeles is being turned into the private travel agency of artist Eric Tan. Tan, who works full time in creative at Disney Consumer Products, created posters based on his global travels, then organized them as a solo show called Fly. It opens June 28. The artist – who we’ve covered for years – has created 15 posters based on real places like New York, Los Angeles, and San Diego (as well as one fictional city) that showcase his love of pop culture as well as his unique, geometric styles. Below, we exclusively debut five of the 15 pieces in the show including the one fictional entry: Hill Valley 1985, based on Back to the Future Part II. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Monday, we exclusively premiered Mondo’s Tyler Stout posters for Captain America: The First Avenger. They were bold, brash, and exactly the kind of beautiful busy style we’ve come to expect from Stout. We also mentioned that, in addition to Stout’s Captain America posters, Mondo would be releasing additional Cap posters by /Film favorites, Eric Tan and Olly Moss. Besides being inspired by the same movie, the differences between Stout’s posters and these couldn’t be more significant. For one, Moss and Tan didn’t make movie posters. They each made a set of World War II propaganda posters, one for the Americans and one for Hydra. Which do you side with? Check out all the images and decide after the jump. Read More »