Posted on Friday, January 17th, 2014 by Angie Han
There’s a lot of attention on the indie world right now, what with the Sundance Film Festival kicking off, but there’s plenty of news coming from the big studio sequel front, too. After the jump:
- Kenneth Branagh hopes for a sequel to Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
- Rosario Dawson also wishes the Sin City sequel had happened sooner
- Lucasfilm Singapore is working on Transformers and Avengers
- New plot details are revealed for Paranormal Activity 5
- Here’s how you can enter to be an extra in The Purge 2
- Danny Glover and Danny Trejo are badasses in the Bad Asses trailer
- 300: Rise of an Empire gets a stabby new poster and an online game
- Astrid poses with Stormfly in a How to Train Your Dragon 2 poster
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, January 2nd, 2014 by Angie Han
Here’s one New Year’s resolution that Hollywood should have no trouble keeping: More Muppets movies, please. As the special New Year’s promo reminds you, 2013 had no Muppets films whatsoever, whereas 2014 already has Muppets Most Wanted lined up for spring.
After the jump, check out two holiday-centric spots, plus a new high-res still featuring Kermit, Miss Piggy, Walter, Scooter, Floyd, and Gonzo.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 by Angie Han
3D trailers are great if you’re watching them in a 3D movie theater with your 3D glasses on, but so-called 3D trailers on the Internet usually aren’t anything special. Since the effects don’t work on our computers, most “3D trailers” just turn out to be 2D trailers with action-packed scenes that we can sorta-kinda picture looking exciting in 3D.
But leave it to Robert Rodriguez‘s gleefully over-the-top Machete Kills to go over-the-top with its 3D Internet trailer. No, not even the world’s toughest ex-Federale can make your laptop suddenly support 3D technology. But he can offer a video with explosions so big, they can’t be contained by your average video player. See what we mean after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, September 24th, 2013 by Angie Han
Just can’t wait for the October release of Machete Kills? Check out 10 minutes of B-roll footage right here. Also after the jump:
- Uwe Boll plans to make Postal 2 really offensive
- Eli Roth has an update on the Green Inferno sequel
- Take a peek at a clip from I Spit on Your Grave 2
Read More »
In Machete Kills, director Robert Rodriguez once again celebrates guns, babes, and manly men. This sequel to Machete finds many ways to combine those three factors, offering a new permutation every few minutes. The action is dumb and goofy and very self aware, and Machete Kills is occasionally kind of a blast. The cast is game for anything, and few actors stick around long enough to wear out their welcome.
If only the same could be said for the film, which is long, soggy, and distracted by it’s own excess. Machete Kills is a two-hour Robot Chicken special that features humans instead of action figures, and its schtick wears thin well before everyone runs out of energy. Read More »
At this point you probably know what the Robert Rodriguez film Machete Kills is all about, so a new red-band trailer is just a mid-week distraction. But if you’re looking for the sort of distraction that involves wild violence, exploitative action, and a knife fight with Mel Gibson, this is going to be perfect.
This sequel to Machete is a cavalcade of stars, or at least of personality. Danny Trejo returns as ex-Federale Machete, and Gibson is a bad-guy arms dealer, Charlie Sheen (aka Carlos Estevez) is the President of the United States, and Amber Heard, Michelle Rodriguez, Sofía Vergara, Lady Gaga, and Cuba Gooding Jr. all show up. That’s not even the whole of the cast.
Machete Kills opens in October, but it premieres this Thursday as the opening night selection of Fantastic Fest. We’ll have a report after that premiere. Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
You know how we’ve all been clamoring for a Showgirls sequel? Well, too bad, because we’re getting one anyway. Kind of. Also after the jump:
- Watch a clip from the direct-to-DVD sequel Curse of Chucky
- Paul Greengrass confirms that he has not signed on for more Bourne
- Lady Gaga will drop by Robert Rodriguez‘s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- Pretty girls and scary weapons abound in new Machete Kills pics
- See two new stills from the Rurouni Kenshin sequels landing next summer
- Kelsey Grammer chats Transformers 4, and a new set video surfaces
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, August 2nd, 2013 by Angie Han
The marketing team at Apple would have you believe that there’s an app for everything, but when you’re a killer agent, sometimes you need your tools to be a little more hands-on. Count on Robert Rodriguez to fix that problem by hiding a blade inside the device.
That’s just one of the many ridiculous sights on display in Machete Kills, which once again stars Danny Trejo as ex-Federale Machete. When a billionaire arms dealer (Mel Gibson) plans to ignite a war by launching a missile into space, the President of the United States (Charlie Sheen, billed as “Carlos Estevez”) calls upon Machete to stop him. Watch the new full-length trailer after the jump. Read More »