Posted on Saturday, September 13th, 2014 by Russ Fischer
On Friday, a rumor cropped up that one of the new Batmobile vehicles had been stolen in Detroit. The story wasn’t verified, but it did end up at a couple bigger news outlets. Because who can resist the phrase “stolen Batmobile”? Thankfully it was all just a rumor, but the story did give Batman v Superman director Zack Snyder a reason to pull together some of the minor resources at his disposal for a great photo op.
Bleeding Cool had the original rumor, and also hilariously scolded CBS for picking up the story. In an update, the site even praised the Detroit Free Press for killing the story BC created in the first place. The DFP reports:
Detroit police spokesman Sgt. Michael Woody said that police confirmed with producers of “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice” that the vehicle has not been stolen, a rumor that proliferated on the web and social media on Friday.
“The Batmobile is safe in the Batcave where it belongs,” Woody said.
So the Batmobile isn’t stolen; it hasn’t even lost a wheel. All is right in the world, except for the fact that Bats and Supes are fighting again.
All of which brings us to Zack Snyder’s most recent tweet.
Case closed. pic.twitter.com/fVyENoksFp
— ZackSnyder (@ZackSnyder) September 13, 2014
Here’s a larger version of the pic:
This is the latest in a set of back and forth tweets between Snyder and Bad Robot that play around with the DC and Star Wars characters. A couple more are below.
— Bad Robot (@bad_robot) August 8, 2014
— ZackSnyder (@ZackSnyder) July 24, 2014
Cool Posts From Around the Web: