Los Angeles film fans used to have two choices when they wanted to see old-school 70mm film IMAX. There was the Universal CityWalk location and The Bridge, which then became the Rave. Unfortunately, the Rave 18 was recently purchased by Cinemark and that company has “decided to go in a different direction with this auditorium,” according to IMAX. That means the AMC Universal CityWalk is the only 70mm IMAX screen left the movie capital of the world. However, that too will soon change, eventually leaving the city without a film projection IMAX theater. In its place will be a much more advanced laser projection system. Read more below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Idina Menzel‘s Oscar performance of Let It Go was overshadowed by John Travolta’s “Adele Dazeem” mishap, but she hass quickly refocused attention on the song. The star of Frozen appeared on The Tonight Show to perform the popular ‘Let it Go’ with Jimmy Fallon. Better yet, they did it as one of Fallon’s signature bits. He occasionally adapts songs with his house band, The Roots, playing children’s instruments such as xylophones, triangles, tiny keyboards and more. That’s what happened last night. Check it out below. Read More »
The good, the bad and the ugly, it’s all in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Jeff Goldblum was not asked to return for Jurassic World.
- Cabin Fever: Patient Zero will be out this summer.
- See some new character posters from How to Train Your Dragon 2.
- Will Packer and Tim Story offer up some hints on Ride Along 2.
- Listen to Optimus Prime himself, Peter Cullen, voicing new Transformers toys.
Read More »
We span the pop culture gamut in this edition of Theme Park Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A Transformers themed energy drink has been removed from Universal Studios.
- Check out some concept images of the Iron Man Experience ride coming to Hong Kong Disneyland.
- Watch a full video of a ride through of Walt Disney World’s Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
- Check out some images of an indoor Tron lightcycle ride being built at Shanghai Disneyland.
- Disney announced a coast-to-coast 24 hour party.
Read More »
Batman vs. Superman starts filming in about a month and director Zack Snyder couldn’t be happier. In a new interview, the director talks about geeking out when he’s in the same room as the new suits, and discusses the backlash over his casting decisions such as Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Ben Affleck as Batman. Most interestingly though, he says the film “explodes” the universes of each character because they’re “not as tied to the mythology.” Read his quotes below. Read More »
Want to see a new poster from Captain America: The Winter Soldier? Do new storybooks from the film contain spoilers? What do new Amazing Spider-Man 2 motion posters look like? How does costume designer Michael Wilkinson plan on honoring Wonder Woman in Batman vs. Superman? Does Simon Kinberg think a Fantastic Four/X-Men cross over is possible? Is there a clue to the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in a new episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
That’s a hashtag with 140 characters. Get it? There’s much more in this edition of Theme Park Bits. Below read about the following:
- Captain America: The Living Legend and Symbol of Courage is coming to Disneyland.
- Check out a fan rendition of what a possible Star Wars overhaul to Disneyland would look like.
- An official teaser for Disneyland Paris’ Ratatouille ride.
- Some new looks at the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs roller coaster at Walt Disney World.
- Universal Studios building new theme parks in Asia.
- DreamWorks is planning a Shrek attraction in London.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The Raid 2 is one of the best action films ever made. If you live in Los Angeles, you can see it for free next week. /Film is teaming up with Collider to give away 15 pairs of tickets to a special advanced screening of the film March 13 in Hollywood. As a bonus, writer/director Gareth Evans will follow the presentation of his bad-ass action epic with a Q&A. Below, find out how you can get tickets. Read More »