Disney and Marvel have long embraced the pop culture art scene. They’ve worked with Gallery 1988, Mondo and more to make cool collectibles for their fans based on all their movies. That trend isn’t changing with Avengers: Age of Ultron. This time they’ve teamed up with the Hero Complex Gallery in Los Angeles for an exhibit celebrating the release of the film. Almost 100 different artists are participating in the Age of Ultron art show, which opens April 24, and /Film is happy to exclusively debut 5 of the pieces, as well as feature several more. Check them out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We’ve got more Star Wars Celebration round-up items, as well as some cool Force Awakens info, in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read the following:
- Force Awakens star John Boyega is back on Twitter, and walked around Celebration in disguise.
- Disney is recreating the Millennium Falcon cockpit on their cruise ship.
- George Lucas says Star Wars: The Force Awakens is a “different” kind of story.
- Marvel announced two new Star Wars comic books.
- A new Del Ray book has been revealed: Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company.
- Author Alan Dean Foster will write The Force Awakens novelization.
- Watch a Lego version of the Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One trailer.
- Listen to Peter on a podcast about Star Wars Celebration.
- See where the X-Wing sequences in the Force Awakens trailer were filmed.
- Ben Mendelsohn tiptoes around his potential Rogue One casting.
- Want to see a Gonk Droid in Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
- J.J. Abrams takes the Twizzler Challenge.
- Star Wars Celebration 2016 will be in London from July 15-17, 2016.
Read More »
The crew of the starship Enterprise always hopes to go where no one has gone before. For the third movie, that might be “Beyond.”
The third film in the recently rebooted Star Trek series now has a likely title. After Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness, Star Trek 3 is likely to be called Star Trek Beyond. Read more about the Star Trek 3 title below.
Read More »
What’s the controversy surrounding Black Widow and Avengers: Age of Ultron merchandise? When will Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D cross over with the film? Which superhero world record did Warner Bros. just set? How is Kodi Smit-McPhee approaching Nightcrawler in X-Men Apocalypse? When will Kingsman: The Secret Service be on Blu-ray? Want to see some new Deadpool set videos? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits.
Read More »
Ladies and gentlemen, there’s a new Cameron Crowe movie coming out next month. That may sound crazy because buzz around the film has been almost non-existant, but it’s true. The director of Almost Famous, Jerry Maguire and Say Anything is about to release Aloha, a Hawaiian-set military romance starring Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, John Krasinski, Bill Murray, Danny McBride and Alec Baldwin.
It’s an insane cast in a film with a weird plot that involves satellites and space. Aloha seems difficult to peg. But what better way to preview a Cameron Crowe movie than with its soundtrack? The writer/director recently revealed the songs that make up the Aloha soundtrack, which you can hear below. Check out a new poster, too. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
For ten movies we’ve been waiting to see an entire movie of the Avengers being “The Avengers.” Sure, we’ve seen some crossovers. We’ve seen what the team could do when aliens invaded. We’ve even seen an alien pseudo-Avengers assemble in Guardians of the Galaxy. But up until Avengers: Age of Ultron, we haven’t seen what would happen if six amazing superheroes spent an entire movie together, working together.
For that reason alone, Joss Whedon‘s Avengers Age of Ultron is satisfying. Beyond that, it a falls a little bit short of its amazing predecessor. When compared to the first film, Age of Ultron is more even, constantly exciting and surprising. There are huge laughs, there’s drama, some real character development, and some absolutely crazy action. That consistency almost makes up for the fact the film lacks the “Wow” moments of the first movie and that brand new feeling we got the first time.
Nevertheless, Avengers: Age of Ultron is a blast. Read the rest of our Avengers Age of Ultron review below. Read More »
Three things are certain in life. Death, taxes, and Internet trailer parodies. The instant a big film trailer hits the web, you know hundreds of people start working on different parodies, memes, and whatever else they can come up with. In the past week, two of the year’s biggest trailers came online: Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Of course, so too came the parodies.
For Batman v Superman, Screen Junkies did an Honest Trailer version of the trailer, and someone else re-edited the footage with shots of Christopher Reeve and Adam West to give it a retro feel. Check out the Batman v Superman trailer parodies below. Read More »
We begin to chronicle the aftermath of Star Wars Celebration in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, we’ll discuss the following:
- An iPhone controlled BB-8 is coming to stores, and a larger version is coming to Disney Parks.
- Why didn’t Josh Trank come to Star Wars Celebration?
- Learn the code name for the Josh Trank Star Wars Anthology film.
- The latest Force Awakens trailer had 88 million views in 24 hours.
- Disney’s stock valuation jumped $2 billion after the release of the trailer.
- See J.J. Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy watching the trailer in front of the crowd.
- Watch some new footage from Star Wars Battlefront.
- The airline ANA now has a R2-D2 themed 787 airplane
- Listen to Gareth Edwards talk about the tone of Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One.
- The Disneyland 60th Anniversary R2-D2 is revealed.
Read More »
Hot off the biggest Star Wars weekend of the year (so far), the Bottleneck Gallery is releasing a beautiful set of official posters based on the original trilogy. The artist is Andy Fairhurst, who did this incredible set of Back to the Future posters a few months back. As he did with those, Fairhurst gives these popular films an etherial, yet recognizable look, and links an entire trilogy with the same basic concept. The result is a striking set of posters for one of the biggest trilogies ever.
The Andy Fairhurst Star Wars posters go on sale at noon EST. Check them out below. Read More »