Posted on Tuesday, March 12th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Have you ever flipped your TV to a movie and been delighted it was one of those presentations with facts that pop up on the screen? If so, you might want to know about a new site just launched that provides that sort of presentation all the time.
The site is called Yeah! and is run by AMC Networks, which own AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC Films. Basically, the site allows you to stream movies like Scream, Reservoir Dogs, 300, The Terminator, Clerks, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Pulp Fiction, and This is Spinal Tap. Along with each film are 400-500 pieces of new, original context and facts that appear on the screen during the film. Check out a video and read more below.
Yeah! can be accessed at www.yeahtv.com. Films currently cost $4.99 each and are available for 48 hours. Here’s a trailer, followed by the press release. [Personal side note: Writing this, I just kept thinking of the little kid in Say Anything.... Amy I the only one? YEAH!]
AMC Networks, which owns and operates AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC Films, announces the launch of YEAH! www.YEAHTV .com, the first streaming movie service that is an entirely new way to watch movies online. Each YEAH! film is enhanced with interactive features including 400-500 individual pieces of original content curated from in-depth research. The new bonus content is displayed on-screen seamlessly without obscuring the movie, offering fans a choice of unique extras to engage with such as:
- Intimate, never-before-seen, exclusive interviews with filmmakers and stars – with just a click the movie pauses and the interview plays
- Little-known facts about characters and scenes minute-by-minute throughout each film
- Quizzes that test how well you really know your favorite movies
YEAH! launches today during the South by Southwest Conference and Festival with films immediately available for rent online atwww.YEAHTV.com. A YEAH! iPad app will be introduced this summer.
YEAH! features iconic genre films — including sci-fi, horror and action-adventure. By renting films on YEAH! you’ll:
- Hear Richard Donner describe how Marlon Brando wanted his Superman character “Jor-El” to look like a bagel
- Watch Juliette Lewis and Tom Sizemore disagree on how his nose was broken while filming Natural Born Killers
- Learn from Michael Madsen how Quentin Tarantino and Lawrence Tierney nearly came to blows on the set of Reservoir Dogs
- Find out real-life events that inspired Wes Craven to create A Nightmare on Elm Street
- And discover so much more about the films you love to watch… and then watch again
“YEAH! is the ultimate movie viewing experience,” said Lisa Judson, General Manager of YEAH! “The films on YEAH! are curated by a team of Emmy Award winning producers who are true movie fans. Two months of in-depth research goes into every film curation to create an entirely new way for fans to enjoy their favorite movies.”
Films that will be available for rent on www.YEAHTV.com in the coming months include:
Scream, Reservoir Dogs, 300, The Terminator, Clerks, A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Crow, The Exorcist: Director’s Cut, Superman: The Movie, Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2, Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2, Child’s Play, No Country for Old Men, Pulp Fiction, The Expendables, Blade Runner: The Final Cut, Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior, Dirty Dancing, The Shining, Watchmen, This is Spinal Tap, The Blair Witch Project, Jackie Brown, Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, Apocalypse Now Redux, From Dusk Till Dawn, Natural Born Killers, Hannibal
YEAH! films cost $4.99 at www.YEAHTV.com and are currently available for 48 hours.