Netflix Sets Dates for ‘Wet Hot American Summer’, the Wachowskis’ ‘Sense8’, ‘OITNB’ Season 3 and More
Posted on Monday, March 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
Netflix just kicked off a jam-packed spring with House of Cards Season 3, and now they’re preparing for a busy summer. The company has just announced premiere dates for several new original programs, including the comedy prequel Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp, the Wachowskis‘ sci-fi drama Sense8, and Season 3 of Orange Is the New Black.
Get the Wet Hot American Summer prequel release date and more after the jump.
Here’s a run down of Netflix’s summer slate:
- May 2015: Between. The Canadian survivalist thriller stars Jennette McCurdy as a survivor of a plague that has killed everyone over 21.
- June 5: Sense8. The official synopsis for the new Wachowski series reads as follows: “One gunshot, one death, one moment out of time that irrevocably links eight minds in disparate parts of the world, putting them in each other’s lives, each other’s secrets, and in terrible danger. Ordinary people suddenly reborn as ‘Sensates.'”
- June 12: Orange Is the New Black (Season 3). Surely you know what this one is already. Fans might be happy to hear this season will have 100% less Larry.
- July 17: Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp. The entire cast of the 2001 comedy returns for this prequel set, as the title suggests, on the first day of camp.
And their upcoming stand-up comedy specials:
- April 17: Chris D’Elia: Incorrigible
- May 22: Jen Kirkman: I’m Gonna Die Alone (And I Feel Fine)
- June 26: What Happened, Miss Simone
Yet to be scheduled are the crime drama Narcos and the Spanish-language comedy Club de Cuervas.
All in all, it sounds like a great time to be a Netflix subscriber. Still coming up for the streaming service this spring are the Tina Fey-created comedy The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (March 6), the Kyle Chandler drama Bloodlines (March 20), the Marvel series Daredevil (April 10), and the Jane Fonda-Lily Tomlin comedy Grace and Frankie (May 8).Cool Posts From Around the Web: