Posted on Sunday, January 17th, 2016 by Ethan Anderton
The Top 20 Stories of the Week are the stories we think you should check out on /Film from the previous week.
Some of the top stories from the week include the end of Heroes Reborn, a director hired for a remake of Jumanji, a new direction for Chronicles of Narnia, a reboot of 24, our most anticipated films of 2016 and more. Plus there’s trailers for the Sundance horror sensation The Witch and the surprise Cloverfield blood relative 10 Cloverfield Lane.
Check out all of the Top 20 Stories of the Week tomorrow.
20. Cardboard Cinema: This One’s for the Video Game Lovers
Sure, we’re a movie and TV news blog, but we didn’t think it could hurt to take a look at some of the best board games for video game lovers out there. Find out which ones are worth checking out in the latest edition of Cardboard Cinema.
19. Money Monster Trailer: George Clooney Leads the Real Time Thriller
The film hits theaters on March 31st.
18. Heroes Reborn Won’t Continue After the Miniseries Concludes
After coming back for a miniseries run, Heroes Reborn will not be turning into a full fledged series after it’s all over. However, apparently a reboot hasn’t been ruled out of the question. Get the details right here.
17. Jumanji Remake at Sony Pictures Locks Down a Director
The remake of Jumanji at Sony Pictures is still happening, and the studio has just hired Walk Hard and Bad Teacher director Jake Kasdan to be at the helm of the jungle adventure. Get the details right here.
16. Green Room Teaser Trailer: Patrick Stewart is a White Supremacist
The indie thriller gets a a limited release April 1st and wide release on April 15th.
15. The Winners of the 2016 Golden Globes: The Revenant Wins Big
Check out the list of Golden Globes winners from last weekend’s ceremony. The Revenant wins big, taking home Best Picture in the drama category, not to mention Best Director. Get all the winners right here.
14. The Witch Trailer: The Sundance Horror Sensation Terrifies
The indie horror flick arrives on February 19th.