Posted on Wednesday, April 20th, 2016 by Peter Sciretta
Its been a while since we’ve done a proper Theme Park Bits round-up, so we have a lot to share with you. Here are some of the stories we’ll be talking about today:
- A tease of the Na’vi Animatronics from Avatar Land
- See photos of Avatar Land‘s construction
- New Footage and concept art from Star Wars Land
- Watch a preview of Soarin Around The World and learn when you’ll be able to ride it
- Finding Dory characters will be added to EPCOT attraction
- Watch sneak preview of Animal Kingdom‘s new Tree of Life and Rivers of Light night-time shows
- A first look at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, which will include Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman rides
- A look at Universal Studios Japan’s walking dinosaurs from Jurassic Park
- Universal Orlando raises annual price passes
All this and more, after the jump.
— Amy Ratcliffe (@amy_geek) April 20, 2016
First up, watch the teaser above that was shown at a presentation at Walt Disney World for Animal Kingdom’s Avatar Land (or whats officially being called Pandora: The World of Avatar). While I can’t confirm that the video shows an animatronic of Neytiri, it sure looks like one. And if Disney can create animatronic Na’vi creatures that look this real, it will be an next level experience for sure. I had heard that they will have Na’vi characters walking around the land, or at least meet-and-greets, but I’m betting this kind of detailed animatronic character is something guests will find in the River Adventure ride.
— WDW News Today (@WDWNT) April 5, 2016
Speaking of Avatar Land, WDW News Today has recently posted some photos and video showing how construction on the new land is progressing.
At the same presentation, they also talked a bit about Star Wars Land (or what we’ve heard will be called the Star Wars Experience). While not much new information was given during the presentation, it did include a bunch of new concept art, video of the ride animatics and more. Its worth watching above. The video comes thanks to our friends at InsideTheMagic. The new information we do get is as follows:
- You will be in full control of the Millennium Falcon ride, steering it, firing laser canons and more.
- The land will have an outer-worldly street market run by a collection of characters, aliens and droids.
- The Cantina will let you “sample the daily specials, interact with the locals and hear the latest rumors from the far reaches of the galaxy.”
- The planet’s nicest dinner club will be “the finest place on the planet to relax, indulge, its unlike any place we’ve ever been before, and unlike anyplace we’ve ever seen before.” You’ll be able to “dine on local delicacies, immerse yourself in the unique culture and cool customs of the outer rim, and partake in the unique sounds of the planets best entertainers.
They have also captured a sneak preview of the Tree of Life and Rivers of Light shows that will be added to Disney’s Animal Kingdom as part of the park’s expansion into night time hours. The projection mapping show on the tree of life looks beautiful. I’m less impressed by the Rivers of Light show which doesn’t seem to approach the awesomeness of Fantasmic and World of Color, and seems to be missing a bit of the Disney magic.
Hit the next page for a lot more.