In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- Cristela Alonzo gets really excited about Cars 3.
- Bryce Dallas Howard talks about Jurassic World 2.
- Could we see a digital Spock in future Star Trek projects?
- Tobin Bell is apparently returning for Saw: Legacy.
- Rumors claim the It sequel is already getting ready to shoot.
- Wreck-It Ralph 2 has found its first new voice actor.
- A new Fate of the Furious poster has arrived.
- J.K. Rowling teases the Fantastic Beasts 2 screenplay.
Read More »
It’s a foregone conclusion that Disney will release almost all of their tentpole titles in the IMAX format, even if they weren’t shot natively on the large format. However, in the case of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, we now know that director Rian Johnson shot some key sequences from the sequel with IMAX cameras, just like J.J. Abrams did for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Disney has just announced a new deal with IMAX that includes Star Wars: The Last Jedi being released on the giant screen, along with Star Wars: Episode IX, the Han Solo spin-off that just started production this week, all of the future Marvel Studios releases, and much more. Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 5th, 2016 by Angie Han
When Disney decides it likes someone, it has a tendency to work with them again and again. And right now, there are few stars they seem to like more than Alan Tudyk. Not only has he appeared in every Disney Animation feature since Wreck-It Ralph — up to and including this fall’s Moana — he has a mo-cap role in this month’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
That won’t be the end of his relationship with the Mouse House, either. The actor confirmed he’ll be back for Frozen 2 and Wreck-It Ralph 2, both of which are currently in development at the studio. But there’s still one Disney property he still hasn’t gotten in on, and that’s Marvel — apparently to his regret, since he’s confessed a desire to join James Gunn‘s Guardians of the Galaxy films. Find out what Gunn had to say in response, below. Read More »
Walt Disney Animation made a big announcement on Facebook Live this morning: Wreck-It Ralph 2 will be coming to theaters in 2018. Get the details after the jump.
Read More »
Walt Disney Animation Studios has revealed it will be making a big mysterious announcement on Thursday, June 30th at 9am Pacific time. But what could Disney Animation’s big announcement be? Let’s take a look at some of the options.
UPDATE: The big announcement was one of our predictions, Wreck It Ralph 2 is coming in 2018.
Read More »
In today’s edition of Sequel Bits:
- A creepy featurette on the story behind The Conjuring 2.
- Take a first look at Channing Tatum in Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
- March of the Penguins 2: The Call is actually happening.
- T.J. Miller confirms that he’s back for Deadpool 2.
- The first poster for Super Troopers 2 is here.
- Karl Urban is still talking about Dredd 2.
- Michael Fassbender promises gnarly Xenomoroph happenings in Alien: Covenant.
- John C. Reilly says Wreck-It Ralph 2 is in development.
- NBC says it hasn’t given up on that Cruel Intentions sequel series.
- Scientists are concerned about Finding Dory.
- Now You See Me 2 will screen in China.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Don’t hold your breath for a Sex and the City 3
- See Chloë Moretz, Selena Gomez and more on the Neighbors 2 set
- Ouija 2 rounds out its cast with two more actors
- Drew Goddard discusses the possibility of a Cloverfield 2
- Jack McBrayer claims to know nothing about Wreck-It Ralph 2
- Tom Hiddleston promises Kong: Skull Island will answer some questions
- The stars of Spectre adorn the cover of Empire Magazine
Read More »
We’ll lead off this edition of Sequel Bits with a clip from a Mad Max: Fury Road special feature that focuses on the creation of one of the most attention-getting aspects of the film: the Doof Wagon and its accompanying rider/musician/standard bearer, Coma the Doof Warrior.
In addition to that footage, we’ve got the following:
- There’s a new clip from Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials,
- And one from Hotel Transylvania 2,
- New reports arrive of a Wreck-It-Ralph sequel,
- Talk about the next James Bond is heating up,
- Sabertooth is probably not in Wolverine 3,
- Sony may already be developing a Goosebumps sequel. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
This fall will mark three years since Wreck-It Ralph hit the big screen, and we’ve yet to hear any updates on progress towards making a sequel. Last we heard from composer Henry Jackman was that a story was in the works, but that’s all he could say.
As of now, we’re still not sure when the sequel will get off the ground, but it sounds like fans don’t need to be worried that it won’t happen. Wreck-It Ralph voice actor John C. Reilly recently appeared at the Galway Film Fleadh in Ireland, and confirmed that he’s signed on for a sequel to the video game based adventure.
Find out more about Wreck It Ralph 2 after the jump! Read More »
Posted on Sunday, April 6th, 2014 by Angie Han
Wreck-It Ralph may not have been a box office juggernaut on the order of Frozen, but it was still a pretty big hit when it landed in 2012. Talk of a potential Wreck-It Ralph sequel began swirling not long afterward, but there’s been no official confirmation that any such movie would actually happen — until now.
Composer Henry Jackman has revealed that a Wreck-It Ralph 2 is being written as we speak, although it remains a mystery when we’ll actually get to see the movie. Hit the jump to read his comments.
Read More »