BBC America has produced a four part mini series called The Real History of Science Fiction, which will begin airing on April 19th 2014. The documentary mini-series will feature “filmmakers, writers, actors, and graphic artists looking back on their experiences and on how their obsession and imagination has taken them into the unknown.” The series features everyone from William Shatner to Nathan Fillion, from Richard Dreyfuss to John Carpenter. The first tv teaser trailer has been released, and can be watched embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Here’s a video that really works best if it’s not spoiled. Basically, J.J. Abrams appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote Star Trek Into Darkness and, much as with the appearance from Harrison Ford, things turn to Star Wars.
Let’s just say this. If you like J.J. Abrams, Star Wars or Star Trek, or are looking forward to Star Wars Episode VII or Star Trek Into Darkness, you’ll find something surprising to laugh about here. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 by Angie Han
In this edition, everyone has an opinion on Episode VII. After the jump:
- No, Simon Pegg does not have a role in Episode VII yet
- William Shatner calls J.J. Abrams “a pig” for booking Star Wars
- The new issue of Wired pays tribute to the beloved sci-fi franchise
- Damon Lindelof, Jane Espenson, Carlton Cuse, and Rian Johnson weigh in
Read More »
Lots and lots of filmmakers and actors talking about their upcoming films in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read quotes about the followin:
- J.J. Abrams gives a brief update of the development of Mission: Impossible 5.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t sure of when Terminator 5 might happen…
- …but seems excited about playing Conan in The Legend of Conan.
- Playmate Crystal McCahill posted some photos from the set of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
- Sorry everyone, William Shatner does not appear in Star Trek Into Darkness.
- A Good Day To Die Hard will get a Dolby Atmos sound mix.
- Actor Rodrigo Santoro talks the story of 300: Rise of an Empire.
- Tom Selleck is still planning on doing Three Men and a Bride.
- John Woo would like to direct a third Expendables film, but has some demands.
Read More »
Finally, a documentary has been made that takes the ball from Saturday Night Live’s old ‘Get a Life!’ sketch and runs with it. William Shatner hosts a documentary called, appropriately, William Shatner’s Get a Life, in which the actor looks at the intense fandom surrounding Star Trek. It looks, as you might expect, to be somewhere between loving and smirking. Check out the trailer below. Read More »
Want more clues to The Dark Knight Rises Catwoman puzzle? What sexual favor did Hayley Atwell jokingly perform on the set of Captain America: The First Avenger? How can you work a little Marvel into your food preparation? Is there a Batman connection in Man of Steel? Would you like to read quotes from Samuel L. Jackson and Andrew Garfield about their new movies, The Avengers and The Amazing Spider-Man? Read about all of this and much more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
A few days back we posted a fun photo of William Shatner arm wrestling Chris Pine. As it turns out, that photo is a still from Shatner’s upcoming documentary The Captains which will premiere on July 21st 2011 on the EPIX HD cable channel.
The Captains – an Epix Original Documentary produced and directed by William Shatner. In The Captains, he travels the world to connect with each of the actors who have played Captains over the long life of the Star Trek franchise. Shatner recalls his own experiences in the role that made him a star by interviewing Patrick Stewart, Kate Mulgrew, Scott Bakula, Avery Brooks and Chris Pine while interweaving clips from their respective shows and movies.
Watch the trailer now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Oh the news that can be made out of one sliver of information. Three sequels, one confirmed and two rumored, have updates today all based on a short quote or nugget of confirmation. Even so, each is interesting in its own right and worth a mention. In today’s sequel bits, we’ve got updates on Toy Story 4, Green Lantern 2 and Star Trek 2 based on these facts:
- Tom Hanks says Pixar is “working” on Toy Story 4.
- Warner Brothers has reportedly begun developing Green Lantern 2.
- William Shatner has come out and said he won’t be making a cameo in Star Trek 2.
Want some explanation and context? That’s after the break. Read More »