In this edition of Theme Park Bits:
- Frozen Ever After reveals a heavily remodeled entrance.
- New videos show off a hugely impressive entrance and queue for Skull Island: Reign of Kong.
- Our best look yet at Shanghai Disneyland‘s fireworks show.
- Disneyland announces a new hotel that will open in 2019.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Sunday, February 21st, 2016 by Angie Han
It’s been about six months since Star Wars Land at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts was first announced at D23, and in that time we’ve come up with tons of questions and not very many answers. That didn’t exactly change with tonight’s big Star Wars Land preview on ABC’s The Wonderful World of Disney: Disneyland 60 special — we still don’t know when exactly it’ll open, and we don’t know that much about what rides, stores, etc. to expect — but we did get a better sense of what the themed area will look like.
A whole bunch of new Star Wars Land concept art was revealed during the show, teasing a Millennium Falcon attraction, a Star Wars-themed street market, a cantina, a dinner club, and much more. Flip through the gallery of Star Wars Land concept art, and watch a video of the Star Wars Land presentation after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Saturday, August 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
If there’s one downer to the Star Wars Land news announced today, it’s that we’ve still got a while to wait before we can actually go to there, as Star Wars nerd Liz Lemon would put it. Fortunately, Disney’s got a couple other Star Wars-themed treats in store for park visitors in the near future.
At D23, Disney announced a Star Wars: Season of the Force seasonal event coming to Disneyland and Disney World in early 2016. Season of the Force will turn Space Mountain into Hyperspace Mountain, a Star Wars-themed attraction.
And if even that’s too long to wait, later this brings a Star Tours upgrade, which will incorporate new locations and adventures from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, plus a Star Wars Launch Bay interactive experience. Get all the details after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, June 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
The happiest place on Earth is not very happy about the current selfie stick trend. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts has announced that it is banning the devices from its parks entirely, after prohibiting their use on rides earlier this year. More about the new Disney selfie stick policy after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 9th, 2015 by Angie Han
It was only a matter of time before Disney World unveiled a Frozen ride, and that time will finally come next year. Disney World has unveiled its new plans for Frozen Ever After, the new attraction which will replace Maelstrom in Epcot Center’s Norway pavilion. Find out everything there is to know about the Frozen Ever After ride after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, May 20th, 2015 by Angie Han
If you want a picture of yourself partying it up at Disney World, you’ll have to do it the old-fashioned way: by sticking your arm out at an awkward angle and trying to hit the shutter button before you drop your phone.
The park has banned selfie sticks on rides, and is cracking down on guests who don’t listen. Hit the jump for more on the Disney World selfie sick ban. Read More »
Years have passed since Disney purchased Lucasfilm but it seems like 2015 is really going to be when things start paying off. Not only will 2015 bring the release of the first new Star Wars movie in a decade, it’ll bring the first official news of Star Wars integration into Disney theme parks. Disney CEO Bob Iger didn’t elaborate much, but said in a recent shareholder’s call that plans have begun and will be officially announced next year. Read More »
Until we find dinosaur DNA in tree sap, an Australian theme park has created something as close to Jurassic Park as is humanly possible. Read about that, and the following Theme Park Bits, below.
- Twentieth Century Fox World is opening in Malaysia.
- Check out an image of Harry Potter‘s Diagon Alley’s facade at Universal Studios Orlando.
- Wreck-It Ralph hosts New Year’s Eve at Disneyland.
Read More »
Super packed edition of Theme Park Bits featuring lots of closings. Below, read about the following:
- The Back to the Future themed restaurant Doc Brown’s Chicken at Universal Hollywood is closing in January.
- The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland is closing for refurbishment.
- Universal Studios Japan gets $250 million investment to build a Harry Potter park.
- A Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Shanghai Disneyland might use new technology.
- Check out an image of where Harry Potter land will be in California.
- Disneyland and Walt Disney World visitors can enjoy some Mary Poppins exclusives starting this week.
- See photo and video from the new Raving Rabbids, The Time Machine ride at Futuroscope in France.
- Rumor has it there might be a Warcraft presence at Universal Orlando in the future.
- Listen to some of the original sounds and music from the Haunted Mansion.
Read More »