Last spring, Netflix picked up a new comedy feature from comedian Ricky Gervais, the creator of The Office, Extras and the Netflix series Derek. Now it’s hitting the streaming service this year. Special Correspondents is written and directed by Gervais, who also stars in the film with Eric Bana and Vera Farmiga, and some new photos from the film have arrived along with an official release date for the comedy. Get the details below! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, November 27th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Director James Wan has posted a new batch of photos from the set of his sequel to The Conjuring and now we can’t help but wish this movie was titled An American Exorcist Couple in London.
Dumb jokes aside, these images do give us a tiny taste of the upcoming sequel, which is actually called The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist and is set in England in the mid-1970s. Originally shared on Wan’s Twitter and Instagram pages, these photos show off the cast in period costume, Marylebone Station transported a few decades into the past, and even a tease of the film’s Christmastime setting.
You can check out the Conjuring 2 photos for yourself after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, October 8th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
No horror film in recent memory has demanded a sequel more than The Conjuring. James Wan‘s 2013 haunted house extravaganza remains one of the smartest, spookiest, and classiest mainstream genre films of the past few years, with husband-and-wife paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren being the most exciting horror protagonists to emerge in quite some time. So yeah, of course you’ll want to take a look at a new photo taken on the set of The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist, especially since it features Patrick Wilson rocking some killer sideburns.
Check out the new The Conjuring 2 photo after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Arnie is optimistic about Shane Black‘s Predator sequel.
- Terminator 5 scribes talk James Cameron, time travel, and deleted scenes.
- Samuel L. Jackson is totally up for another Unbreakable movie.
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make a third Kill Bill someday.
- The M:I5 plane stunt was inspired in part by Uncharted.
- Pacific Rim 2 could help get Hellboy 3 made… if it’s a hit.
- Sinister 2 distributes a series of creepy “collector’s cards.”
- Patrick Wilson shares a photo from the Conjuring 2 set.
- Milla Jovovich gets to work on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Donate to charity for a chance to win a role in Star Trek Beyond.
- LeBron James (jokingly) pitches an idea for Trainwreck 2.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
Norma and Norman Bates’ toxic relationship will continue for the foreseeable future. A&E has renewed Bates Motel for two more seasons, the show’s fourth and fifth. The Psycho prequel stars Freddie Highmore and Vera Farmiga. More on the Bates Motel renewal after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, June 8th, 2015 by Angie Han
Ricky Gervais‘ new movie for Netflix has amassed quite a cast. Eric Bana will star in Special Correspondents alongside Gervais himself, Vera Farmiga, America Ferrera, and many more. Hit the jump for your Special Correspondents first look, in addition to plot details, casting news, and more. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 17th, 2014 by Angie Han
There’s nothing quite like a death in the family to bring the living members of the family back together. Or at least that seems to be a running theme at the movies this year, between Are You Here, This Is Where I Leave You, and now the new The Judge trailer.
Robert Downey Jr. leads the drama as hotshot attorney Hank Palmer, who returns to his childhood home after the death of his mother. When he gets home, he discovers that his estranged father (Robert Duvall), an esteemed judge, has been accused of murder. Watch The Judge trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Briefly: Six months ago, who would have though James Wan’s The Conjuring would itself conjure not one, but two, follow-ups? A spin-off, Annabelle, is currently filming. Now Warner Bros. has set a prime October 23, 2015 release date for the direct sequel to the paranormal investigation film. Carey Hayes and Chad Hayes are writing and Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson are now confirmed to return. There’s no word on the plot, but Lorraine Warren was again interviewed extensively as research. [ERCboxoffice and Variety]
Posted on Thursday, January 30th, 2014 by Angie Han
Vin Diesel has Fast & Furious 7 and a fourth Riddick movie coming up, and now he has XXX 3: The Return of Xander Cage to look forward to, too. Also after the jump:
- Perrey Reeves will return as “Mrs. Ari” for the Entourage movie
- Vera Farmiga says The Conjuring 2 is waiting on James Wan
- The Purge sequel starts shooting in LA and picks up a new title
- Lifetime is moving ahead with a Flowers in the Attic sequel
- Here’s a better look at Transformers‘ Bumblebee in robot mode
- … and a more detailed synopsis of the movie
Read More »