Posted on Monday, April 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
There’s a lot to look at in today’s Sequel Bits, including concept art for G.I. Joe: Retaliation and a bloody new image from The Raid 2: Berandal. Also after the jump:
- Director offers status update and possible title for Tron 3
- John Cusack may be back for Hot Tub Time Machine 2 this summer
- Transformers 4 will shoot in May; is Shia LaBeouf returning?
- Producer says a G.I. Joe / Transformers crossover is “possible”
- Lindsay Lohan parodies herself in a Scary Movie 5 image
Read More »
Even for people who aren’t predisposed to love action films, Gareth Evans‘ The Raid earned a spot on many a 2012 top ten list. When Sony Pictures Classics picked up the film, the company also grabbed distribution rights to the planned sequel, The Raid: Berandal.
Casting details for the sequel hit before the new year, with Iko Uwais, star of the first film, set to appear again, alongside Julie Estelle (Macabre) as Hammer Girl, and Alex Abbad, Marsha Timothy, and silat fighter Cecep Arif Rahman playing an unknown but reportedly significant role.
Now Evans confirms that the sequel shoots very soon, and explains that the new film picks up right after the end of the first. Read More »