There’s a new Arnold Schwarzenegger film coming out next week, and next summer the action star will be back in one of his iconic roles for the new Terminator movie. If producers have their way, however, by that time Schwarzenegger will have already played Conan once more. Producers of The Legend of Conan, the long rumored sequel to the iconic ’80s sword and sandal epics, believe filming will begin in Spring 2015. Read the Legend of Conan movie quotes below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
A significant step has finally been taken in the development of Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s return to the days of high adventure. Universal Pictures has hired Andrea Berloff to write the screenplay for The Legend of Conan, the sword and sandal sequel which will continue the story from the Conan films of the 1980s. Berloff is best known for writing Oliver Stone’s World Trade Center, but she also penned the American remake of Sleepless Night as well as a few other male-centric, in-development projects including the NWA biopic, Straight Outta Compton. She’s a screenwriter on the verge of the big time. Read More »
There are lots of small updates on upcoming and hypothetical sequels, which means it’s time for another edition of Sequel Bits. Read about the following after the jump:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger says The Legend of Conan, Terminator 5 and Triplets are all still being written.
- Kevin Smith has a production schedule in mind for Clerks III.
- Eric Roberts joins the cast of Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence).
- As we wait on the new Bridget Jones movie, the character returns in book form.
- Another director may be on the short list for Bond 24.
- Daniel Radcliffe hypothesizes a Harry Potter sequel.
- Nicolas Winding Refn says don’t expect a sequel to Drive.
- Will Smith suggests he could appear in Independence Day 2, but it’s not looking good.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, January 29th, 2013 by Angie Han
Whether your idea of fun is G-rated college kids or hard-R strippers, there’s something in today’s Sequel Bits for you. After the jump:
- Jessica Alba promises to do more dancing in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- … while Robert Rodrigez comments on Dennis Haysbert replacing Michael Clarke Duncan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger explains why his age won’t be an issue in The Legend of Conan
- Screenwriter Craig Mazin talks about weathering criticism for The Hangover Part II
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation will be digitally remastered for a one-week IMAX 3D release
- See some cute international posters and a new setting for Monsters University
- Vin Diesel and Karl Urban face off once again in the newest Riddick still
Read More »
Super Bowl, teaser posters, rumors and more are all in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read about:
- A new image from Fast and Furious 6 is out and find out when you’ll see the first footage.
- Watch a video of Arnold Schwarzenegger talking about The Legend of Conan.
- J.J. Abrams has ideas for a third Star Trek, but nothing is set.
- Filming on The Muppets sequel, The Muppets…Again, starts this week.
- Another teaser poster for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has been released.
- The R-rating for A Good Day to Die Hard is confirmed in a new commercial.
Read More »
Lots and lots of filmmakers and actors talking about their upcoming films in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read quotes about the followin:
- J.J. Abrams gives a brief update of the development of Mission: Impossible 5.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t sure of when Terminator 5 might happen…
- …but seems excited about playing Conan in The Legend of Conan.
- Playmate Crystal McCahill posted some photos from the set of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
- Sorry everyone, William Shatner does not appear in Star Trek Into Darkness.
- A Good Day To Die Hard will get a Dolby Atmos sound mix.
- Actor Rodrigo Santoro talks the story of 300: Rise of an Empire.
- Tom Selleck is still planning on doing Three Men and a Bride.
- John Woo would like to direct a third Expendables film, but has some demands.
Read More »
How does one convince Arnold Schwarzenegger, a 65-year-old man, to reprise the very physical, mostly shirtless role that helped launch his career in the 1980s? That was the question producer/screenwriter Chris Morgan had to answer when pitching the actor his idea for The Legend of Conan. Schwarzenegger had already shown an openness to returning to some of his more trademark roles (Terminator, for example) and has embraced his action superstar status once more, with upcoming films like The Last Stand and The Tomb.
Conan was something different, however. More animal. More open. So what did Morgan say to convince the actor to once again play in the days of high adventure?
Get the answer, and more news about the new chapter in the series, after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
What do you call a reboot when the film in question involves going back to a previous film template? Robert E. Howard‘s long-running character Conan the Barbarian came to screens incarnated by Arnold Schwarzenegger, in one of the actor’s earliest starring gigs. Arnie did two movies, but a year ago the character was rebooted by director Marcus Nispel with Jason Momoa starring.
Conan’s wheel has turned again, however, and Schwarzenegger is stepping back into the role for The Legend of Conan, which is being described as “Conan’s Unforvigen.” Read More »