We’re always thankful when it’s Friday. Not only is it the beginning of the weekend, but that’s when new movies are in theaters everywhere. And now Friday will also be when you can catch up on all the important stories from the week before. Starting with this post, every Friday, we’ll recap some of the best stories of the week, from the biggest trailers to the most buzzed about movie news to our own features and editorials.
This week was chock full of big stories, from a new trailer for Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak to a sneak peek at the return of The Muppets to television. We also had a glowing review of Mad Max: Fury Road (in theaters now), news of a new project at Fox expanding the X-Men universe and much more. Check out all the best stories of the week after the jump! Read More »
Posted on Monday, May 11th, 2015 by Angie Han
With Tomorrowland out of the way, Brad Bird is ready to redirect his attention to an old new project. The filmmaker confirms The Incredibles 2 will be his next movie, after years of fans pestering him to make a sequel to the superhero feature. Get the Brad Bird Incredibles 2 status update after the jump. Read More »
Brad Bird has finally turned his attention from tomorrow to the incredible. The director is finishing up Tomorrowland, the film he chose to do over Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and has started to look towards his next project. Thankfully for him, his next project was kind of revealed over a year ago. That’s when Disney CEO Bob Iger told investors Pixar was beginning work on The Incredibles 2 and, now that Bird is free again, it seems he’s begun work on it. Read More »
In today’s edition of Sequel Bits:
- Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss has joined the cast of Magic Mike XXL.
- Bruce Greenwood talks possible Star Trek 3 return.
- Brad Bird talks about how The Incredibles 2 is progressing.
- John Cho says Bob Orci is “going to blow people away” with Star Trek 3
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 31st, 2014 by Angie Han
Frozone will be back with his BFF for the Incredibles sequel, according to Samuel L. Jackson. Also after the jump:
- Logan Lerman says Percy Jackson 3 is “not happening”
- Jonny Weston is signing on for Taken 3
- Jurassic World will be shooting at the Honolulu Zoo
- Peter Jackson is putting the final touches on the final Hobbit film
- The Conjuring franchise could be stalled by a lawsuit
- See the How to Train Your Dragon 2 score being recorded
- Cameras are rolling once more on Fast & Furious 7
- Sharknado 2 gets a poster and a premiere date
- Peek behind the scenes of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
- A Haunted House 2 has a red-band trailer to share
Read More »
Disney head Bob Iger dropped a big piece of news offhandedly during the Disney Investor’s Meeting today, stating that Brad Bird is working on the story for The Incredibles 2 and that Pixar is also working on a new Cars movie.
No surprise with the Cars sequel; I’m sure they will continue that franchise until it runs out of gas and stops making them money in toy stores and at theme parks. The Incredibles sequel, on the other hand, is big news, and fans should be excited that Brad Bird is involved. No other details have yet been revealed.
Read More »
With each and every movie he releases, Brad Bird raises his own bar. He went from small amazing animation in The Iron Giant, to big amazing animation in The Incredibles. That was followed by transcendent animation in Ratatouille, then live action blockbuster in Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol. That resume puts a ton of pressure on the director not only for his next movie, the Disney themed-Tomorrowland starring George Clooney, but anything he does next.
Two projects Bird has discussed as follow-ups are a sequel to The Incredibles, something fans have been begging for since 2004, and a new Star Wars movie. The director talked about both in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, confirming he’s constantly thinking about The Incredibles 2, would like to do that, and that Kathleen Kennedy ask him if he wanted to direct Star Wars Episode VII. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 15th, 2012 by Angie Han
It may be a while before we see the triumphant return of Bob and Helen Parr and their superpowered brood, but if Joss Whedon is to be believed, a rematch between Dr. Horrible and Captain Hammer may not be so far off. After the jump:
- Joss Whedon will get started on Dr. Horrible 2 this summer
- Catching Fire (a.k.a. Hunger Games 2) won’t be in 3D
- Hey look, it’s another new Riddick image
- Brad Bird might maybe do an Incredibles 2 someday, eventually
- Madagascar 3 will debut at Cannes
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Want to see the best look yet at Hulk from The Avengers? How about some fan made concept art from The Incredibles 2? Did Gary Oldman actually lose his script to The Dark Knight Rises? To which director did Michael Shannon compare his Man of Steel helmer Zack Snyder? Which actor might already be cast in a new Mark Millar movie? Would you like to read the first few pages of Avengers vs. X-Men or the entire Avengers prequel comic? Read about all of this and much more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
There’s a lot of early talk about sequels going around this week, as the directors of current movies promote their new releases. After the break, we’ve got quotes on the following:
- Mark Neveldine says Crank 3 will happen,
- Rupert Wyatt talks about a Planet of the Apes sequel,
- Brad Bird has a couple more comments about The Incredibles 2,
- Guy Ritchie talks up a possible RocknRolla sequel,
- And Robert Downey Jr. and producer Joel Silver address a possible Sherlock Holmes 3.
Read More »