Posted on Monday, February 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
The Hangover Part III may feature a whole new plotline, but based on these new stills the wolf pack still looks exactly the same. Also after the jump:
- Dwayne Johnson is pumped for Fast & Furious 6
- The latest Star Trek comic drops still more hints
- The Allspark might resurface in Transformers 4
- Stephenie Meyer wants The Host to be a trilogy
- Producer says there have been no Mama 2 talks
- The Best Man sequel has a real title now
- The first Cloudy 2 trailer will debut this week
- Riddick takes the throne in a new photo
Read More »
In the past couple months we’ve seen two videos for The Host 2, which is meant to be the sequel to Bong Joon-ho’s excellent 2006 film that followed a monster’s rampage through Seoul, South Korea. But those videos were tests and pitch reels, not actual film footage, and at least one of them was a couple years old. In fact, the film hasn’t begun production at this point.
Now we know that the director Im Pil-sung (Doomsday Book) has only recently completed the task of scripting the film, and that Park Myung-chun will make his feature directorial debut with the movie. Read More »
With Jack Reacher releasing in just a couple of weeks, that film’s writer/director Christopher McQuarrie is finally back on screens with a directing credit to follow his debut The Way of the Gun, which hit in 2000. McQuarrie is the lead choice to direct Tom Cruise (and presumably Jeremy Renner) in Mission: Impossible 5, and talked about the job recently to Graffiti Without Punctuation:
We’ve just started talking about it. He [Tom Cruise] is very busy with ‘All You Need is Kill’, JJ [Abrams] is very busy with ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’, I’m busy promoting this movie. Obviously, I love working with him [Cruise] and would love to do it, it’s daunting in that I would have to follow Brad Bird… you know, the biggest movie of the genre. At the same time that’s kinda what I like about it, I like to come from a place of lowered expectation and I have to imagine that when they find out a filmmaker like me who feels, as someone put it earlier today ‘street level’… between ‘Way of the Gun’ and ‘Reacher’ and movies like that, I have to imagine that when it becomes real that people’s expectations could not be any lower.
After the break:
- Fast and Furious 6 moves to LA for more shooting,
- Additional effects footage shows up from The Host 2,
- Rodrigo Santoro talks about the 300 prequel/sequel,
- and new international posters hit for Riddick and G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 21st, 2012 by Angie Han
Robert Rodriguez‘s Machete has gotten himself into some hairy situations and lived to tell the tale, but now a lawsuit could shut him down for good. Also after the jump:
- No, Mike Myers has not written Wayne’s World 3
- Paranormal Activity 5 gets a fall 2013 release date
- Josh Hutcherson confirms his return for Journey 3
- See a goateed Mirror Spock from IDW’s Star Trek comics
- The sequel to Bong Joon-ho’s The Host reveals footage
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Twitch is reporting that the sequel to director Bong Joon-Ho’s hit Korean monster flick The Host is actually a PREQUEL. Korean comic artist Kang Full’s script takes place three years prior to the original film, and the story revolves around the excavation of the Cheonggye Stream, an ancient waterway running through Seoul that was recently reclaimed and restored after years of being covered by a highway. Multiple monsters will be features. No director or cast has been announced but Bong Joon-Ho is not expected to return.
The Host is one of those films that you either love or just don’t get. I have a feeling that, like The Blair Witch Project, hype has something to do with it. If you caught the film before the online buzz, than you discovered a cool monster flick. Others who caught the film after months of hype, might have felt left down. I caught the film at the beginning of the hype and was pleasantly surprised and entertained. A prequel story doesn’t make much sense, and the addition of multiple monsters doesn’t bode well as most sequels that involve multiple villain characters tend to suck.