Briefly: Lionsgate/Summit has given new dates to two Sylvester Stallone films. The first is Sly’s latest team-up with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Once called The Tomb, the picture is now titled Escape Plan, and the studio has bounced it from September 13 of this year to October 18. On the new date, it will go up against are Carrie, Don Jon and Seventh Son.
Escape Plan is directed by Mikael Håfström, and follows a security expert (Stallone) who must escape a high-tech prison built to his own specifications. Schwarzenegger plays an inmate in the high-tech, secret facility, and the cast also features Jim Caviezel, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Vinnie Jones, Vincent D’Onofrio and Amy Ryan.
Meanwhile, we don’t know for certain whether or not Schwarzenegger will end up alongside Stallone, Jason Statham, Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich in The Expendables 3, but we do know the release date: August 15, 2014. Patrick Hughes (Red Hill) will direct when the sequel goes into production late this summer.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Briefly: When Sylvester Stallone assembles an Expendables film, the biggest question isn’t really why the characters are going to be punching and shooting, but who will be doing the punching and shooting. Stallone and Jason Statham are givens at this point, and now we’ve got four more all-but-confirmed names for The Expendables 3.
Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich, most of whom have been rumored as cast members for a while, are now in “advanced negotiations” to appear, according to the CEO of Lionsgate. Stallone recently said he was looking for a “young Sigourney Weaver” for the film, which could be Jovovich’s role. Patrick Hughes (Red Hill) will direct. [Deadline]
Posted on Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 by Angie Han
Guess who’s been hanging out in Middle-earth again! Also after the jump:
- There will be three more Transporter movies
- Sly Stallone wants The Raid stars for Expendables 3
- “Fuck, yeah,” Guillermo del Toro says about having Pacific Rim 2 ideas
- Details uncovered on Transformers 4‘s new robots
- Who else has an Anchorman 2 cameo lined up?
Read More »
Posters, quotes, casting and replacements are all part of this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following:
- Sam Worthington discusses the Avatar sequels and a possible third Clash of the Titans film.
- The Hangover Part III Twitter account has revealed some more character posters.
- Is Antonio Banderas joining The Expendables III?
- Benjamin Bratt replaces Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2.
- Listen to Star Trek Into Darkness writers Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci talk secrets, fan influence, and villains.
- The poster for Grown Up 2 is a throwback.
- Actress Sophia Myles joins Transformers 4.
- Michelle Rodriguez confirms the villain for Fast and Furious 7.
- Check out an image of FEMA’s role in Godzilla.
- Check out the cover of the Art of 300: Rise of an Empire book.
Read More »
Sylvester Stallone played a little game with his Twitter followers Tuesday and the result was his disclosure of the director for The Expendables 3. That name? Patrick Hughes, best known for the small Australian film Red Hill, which starred True Blood‘s Ryan Kwatten. Check out Sly’s tweets below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
Dwayne Johnson‘s gone from franchise to franchise the past few years, but now he may finally be ready to lead an offshoot of his own. The actor reveals a Luke Hobbs spinoff could “possibly” arrive after Fast & Furious 6. Also after the jump:
- Johnson also talks Bond and Expendables 3
- The Transformers series will return to Chicago
- Scary Movie 5 gets a slightly less crass poster
- No, Meryl Streep will not be in Anchorman 2
- See Bruce Willis‘ international G.I. Joe poster
- Cobra Special Forces has a message for the Joes
- Hatchet III teaser is all about Victor Crowley
- Monsters University reacts to March Madness
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is stuffed to the brim with images, quotes, tweets, and more. After the jump:
- Would Bryan Singer ever direct a Star Trek movie?
- Damon Lindelof explains all the secrecy about the villain
- Seth Grahame-Smith gets cracking on Beetlejuice 2
- Steven Seagal‘s out, Jackie Chan‘s in for Expendables 3
- Willow and Roger Rabbit sequels offer non-updates
- Anchorman 2 will feature Champ Kind, restauranteur
- The Happy Madison boys goof off in Grown Ups 2 posters
- Storm Shadow looks especially badass in new G.I. Joe pics
- Kick-Ass 2 reveals six new high-res images and a poster
Read More »
Tommy Wirkola‘s first US film, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, was no critical fave, but it has done over $100m worldwide so far. Now Wirkola is heading back to Norway to make a sequel to his breakout film, Dead Snow. The new one is Dead Snow: War of the Dead, which will follow “the sole survivor of a Nazi zombie attack who battles an even larger army of Zombies with the help of the Zombie Squad, a professional gang of zombie killers from the US.”
The movie will be released in English and Norwegian versions, says ScreenDaily, and the film should shoot later this year. Wirkola said, “We have a script that I am super excited about, which is bigger, scarier, funnier, more action-filled and gorier than the previous one, and I can’t wait to unleash another horde of undead Nazi zombies onto the world again.”
After the break, you’ll find the following:
- The Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy sequel Smiley’s Game moves forward,
- Transformers visual effects supervisor returns for Transformers 4,
- Rambo V and The Expendables 3 in the works at the European Film Market,
- Rooney Mara denies that Daniel Craig will be cut from The Girl Who Played With Fire,
- Summit debuts a new Red 2 poster,
- and shots appear from Insidious 2 and Riddick.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
So far, the scariest thing about Paranormal Activity 5 may be how little anyone involved with it claims to know about it. We are talking about a movie that’s due out in just under nine months. After the jump:
- Katie Featherston and Oren Peli talk Paranormal Activity 5
- No, Linday Lohan will not be reprising her role for Machete Kills
- Steven Spielberg says George Lucas still plans to do Indiana Jones 5
- Sylvester Stallone is joking about wanting Bill Clinton for Expendables 3, right?
- Judd Apatow considers another Knocked Up spinoff, this time about the kids
- Andy Muschietti does not think there should be a Mama 2
- Check out a sunny set photo from Insidious Chapter 2
Read More »