Posted on Friday, January 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
There’s been some talk already about whether Harrison Ford might return for the Blade Runner sequel, but now Sean Young would like to express her interest in the new film as well. Read her comments after the jump. Also:
- Expendables 3 will shoot this fall, says Dolph Lundgren
- Skyfall hits digital HD and then Blu-ray/DVD next month
- The Best Man sequel will bring back the original cast
- WWE’s new Leprechaun movie will be “a little darker”
- Flip through more images from Before Midnight
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Lots and lots of filmmakers and actors talking about their upcoming films in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read quotes about the followin:
- J.J. Abrams gives a brief update of the development of Mission: Impossible 5.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t sure of when Terminator 5 might happen…
- …but seems excited about playing Conan in The Legend of Conan.
- Playmate Crystal McCahill posted some photos from the set of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
- Sorry everyone, William Shatner does not appear in Star Trek Into Darkness.
- A Good Day To Die Hard will get a Dolby Atmos sound mix.
- Actor Rodrigo Santoro talks the story of 300: Rise of an Empire.
- Tom Selleck is still planning on doing Three Men and a Bride.
- John Woo would like to direct a third Expendables film, but has some demands.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
Wondering what sequelized delights await us in 2013 and beyond? After the jump:
- Jackie Chan joins Expendables 3, wants to do Rush Hour 4
- Dennis Haysbert talks about replacing Michael Clarke Duncan in Sin City 2
- Mark Wahlberg calls Transformers 4 the most important role of his career
- Michael Bay says that the “leaked” Transformers 4 script is a fake
- David Wain is definitely still working on Wet Hot American Summer 2
- Adam Green is excited to explore Victor Crowley’s story in Hatchet III
- J.J. Abrams has thoughts on the 3D conversion for Star Trek Into Darkness
- George Miller‘s Mad Max: Fury Road has finished shooting
- New images and plot details emerge for The Hangover Part 3
- A still from Red 2 shows off some godawful outfits
Read More »
UPDATE: Deadline reports Stallone denies making the below claims on Facebook, pointing to the fact it’s a fan page.
Time and again, Sylvester Stallone has proven he’s a man of the fans. From his legendary Q&As on Ain’t It Cool News to panels at San Diego Comic-Con, the Oscar-nominated action mega star has fully embraced new media and that’s how he chose to make his latest announcement.
Stallone took to Facebook to confirm Oscar-winner Nicolas Cage will be a part of The Expendables 3 and that producers are currently trying to add Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and bring back Mickey Rourke. He said “We are preparing the film with the same passion and commitment as the previous two” and admitted the third film might not be the last one. Read Stallone’s statement and more after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, November 1st, 2012 by Angie Han
Click past the jump for sequel-related bobs and bits, including:
- The Vatican is not immune to Skyfall‘s spell
- Vin Diesel‘s Riddick gets rated by the MPAA
- Women in Black 2 has a spooky new poster
- Expendables 3 and Mechanic 2 are happening
- Is Terminator 5 picking up steam again?
Read More »
Odds are if you’re a male between the ages of 20 and 40, you have a soft spot in your heart for Hulk Hogan. In the ’80s and ’90s, Hogan was everywhere, quickly becoming one of the most famous people in the world as he ascended the ladder of professional wrestling. The superstardom lead to cartoon shows, movie roles and so much more.
In recent years though, Hogan has fallen from grace, becoming a tabloid mainstay due to his messy public divorce, issues with his kids, a reality show and most recently a sex tape. But Hogan hasn’t shied away from the spotlight. Instead he’s embraced it, doing a national press tour in the midst of one controversy and thereby inciting another.
One of the stops on Hogan’s tour was The Howard Stern Show. While there he not only said he wanted a role in The Expendables 3, but that director Darren Aronofsky offered him the lead in The Wrestler. Aronofsky quickly took to Twitter to deny Hogan’s claims. Why would Hogan lie? Read some quotes and hear the audio after the jump. Read More »
Franchises return, franchises go away and franchises start a new in today’s Sequel Bits.
- James Cameron might add Chinese Na’vi to Avatar 2.
- The said to be soon-retired Jackie Chan might make Police Story 2013.
- A major party scene in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire will film in Atlanta.
- Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan share a bed in the first still from Scary Movie 5.
- Paramount is hoping Tom Cruise‘s Jack Reacher will start its own franchise, and mark the beginning of a franchise focus at the studio.
- Producer Avi Lerner keep mentioning names he wants for The Expendables 3: Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, the return of Mickey Rourke etc.
- A sequel to 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later, 28 Months Later, no longer looks likely.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The sequel news today involves from pretty big franchises, or some high-profile ones at least. After the break read about the following:
- One Expendables film was enough for Chuck Norris,
- David Koepp is no longer working on a Snow White and the Huntsman sequel,
- The Girl Who Played With Fire remains in development, but David Fincher’s participation as director remains uncertain,
- and the UK comedy The Inbetweeners is looking likely for sequelization.
Read More »