Posted on Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 by Angie Han
We’re sure to have tons of sequel-related news coming up later this week from Comic-Con, but in the meantime we have a bunch of other, non-SDCC news to share with you. After the jump:
- Troy Duffy is cooking up more Boondock Saints
- Joseph Kosinski offers a minor update on Tron 3
- Chinese superstar Han Geng joins Transformers 4
- The Veronica Mars movie is getting book sequels
- Dumb and Dumber To gets embroiled in a lawsuit
- Mel Gibson is in Expendables 3, says Sly Stallone
- Watch another trailer for Disney’s Cars spinoff Planes
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, July 11th, 2013 by Angie Han
Who better to make a special Grown Ups 2 chili recipe than Guy Fieri? Also after the jump:
- Legendary doesn’t seem optimistic about Hellboy 3
- Neill Blomkamp isn’t interested in Star Trek 3
- Steven Seagal might do Expendables 3
- Transformers 4 sets up a Chinatown in Detroit
- Optimus Prime sees some action in new set videos
- Machete Kills will premiere at Fantastic Fest
- Charlie Sheen gets his own character poster
- Rub a dub dub, it’s a guy from The Raid 2 in a tub
- The gang’s all here in The Best Man Holiday trailer
Read More »
The Expendables 3 is going full steam ahead. It’s got directorPatrick Hughes, a release date of August 2014, and a slew of brand new stars likely to join. They include Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich.
But who could be powerful enough, or evil enough to tackle that string of stars along with returning players Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Terry Crews, Dolph Lundgren, and Randy Couture? It might end up being someone mentioned as a possible cast member a few months back: Mel Gibson. The actor is once again rumored to be joining the film, this time as the villain. Read More »
Briefly: Lionsgate/Summit has given new dates to two Sylvester Stallone films. The first is Sly’s latest team-up with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Once called The Tomb, the picture is now titled Escape Plan, and the studio has bounced it from September 13 of this year to October 18. On the new date, it will go up against are Carrie, Don Jon and Seventh Son.
Escape Plan is directed by Mikael Håfström, and follows a security expert (Stallone) who must escape a high-tech prison built to his own specifications. Schwarzenegger plays an inmate in the high-tech, secret facility, and the cast also features Jim Caviezel, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Vinnie Jones, Vincent D’Onofrio and Amy Ryan.
Meanwhile, we don’t know for certain whether or not Schwarzenegger will end up alongside Stallone, Jason Statham, Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich in The Expendables 3, but we do know the release date: August 15, 2014. Patrick Hughes (Red Hill) will direct when the sequel goes into production late this summer.
Briefly: When Sylvester Stallone assembles an Expendables film, the biggest question isn’t really why the characters are going to be punching and shooting, but who will be doing the punching and shooting. Stallone and Jason Statham are givens at this point, and now we’ve got four more all-but-confirmed names for The Expendables 3.
Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich, most of whom have been rumored as cast members for a while, are now in “advanced negotiations” to appear, according to the CEO of Lionsgate. Stallone recently said he was looking for a “young Sigourney Weaver” for the film, which could be Jovovich’s role. Patrick Hughes (Red Hill) will direct. [Deadline]
Posted on Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 by Angie Han
Guess who’s been hanging out in Middle-earth again! Also after the jump:
- There will be three more Transporter movies
- Sly Stallone wants The Raid stars for Expendables 3
- “Fuck, yeah,” Guillermo del Toro says about having Pacific Rim 2 ideas
- Details uncovered on Transformers 4‘s new robots
- Who else has an Anchorman 2 cameo lined up?
Read More »
Posters, quotes, casting and replacements are all part of this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following:
- Sam Worthington discusses the Avatar sequels and a possible third Clash of the Titans film.
- The Hangover Part III Twitter account has revealed some more character posters.
- Is Antonio Banderas joining The Expendables III?
- Benjamin Bratt replaces Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2.
- Listen to Star Trek Into Darkness writers Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci talk secrets, fan influence, and villains.
- The poster for Grown Up 2 is a throwback.
- Actress Sophia Myles joins Transformers 4.
- Michelle Rodriguez confirms the villain for Fast and Furious 7.
- Check out an image of FEMA’s role in Godzilla.
- Check out the cover of the Art of 300: Rise of an Empire book.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Sylvester Stallone played a little game with his Twitter followers Tuesday and the result was his disclosure of the director for The Expendables 3. That name? Patrick Hughes, best known for the small Australian film Red Hill, which starred True Blood‘s Ryan Kwatten. Check out Sly’s tweets below. Read More »