Antonio Banderas Haywire

Posters, quotes, casting and replacements are all part of this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following:

  • Sam Worthington discusses the Avatar sequels and a possible third Clash of the Titans film.
  • The Hangover Part III Twitter account has revealed some more character posters.
  • Is Antonio Banderas joining The Expendables III?
  • Benjamin Bratt replaces Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2.
  • Listen to Star Trek Into Darkness writers Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci talk secrets, fan influence, and villains.
  • The poster for Grown Up 2 is a throwback.
  • Actress Sophia Myles joins Transformers 4.
  • Michelle Rodriguez confirms the villain for Fast and Furious 7.
  • Check out an image of FEMA’s role in Godzilla.
  • Check out the cover of the Art of 300: Rise of an Empire book.

Read More »

The Expendables 2 (header)

Sylvester Stallone played a little game with his Twitter followers Tuesday and the result was his disclosure of the director for The Expendables 3. That name? Patrick Hughes, best known for the small Australian film Red Hill, which starred True Blood‘s Ryan Kwatten. Check out Sly’s tweets below. Read More »

Fast Five - Luke Hobbs

Dwayne Johnson‘s gone from franchise to franchise the past few years, but now he may finally be ready to lead an offshoot of his own. The actor reveals a Luke Hobbs spinoff could “possibly” arrive after Fast & Furious 6. Also after the jump:

  • Johnson also talks Bond and Expendables 3
  • The Transformers series will return to Chicago
  • Scary Movie 5 gets a slightly less crass poster
  • No, Meryl Streep will not be in Anchorman 2
  • See Bruce Willis‘ international G.I. Joe poster
  • Cobra Special Forces has a message for the Joes
  • Hatchet III teaser is all about Victor Crowley
  • Monsters University reacts to March Madness

Read More »

Today’s Sequel Bits is stuffed to the brim with images, quotes, tweets, and more. After the jump:

  • Would Bryan Singer ever direct a Star Trek movie?
  • Damon Lindelof explains all the secrecy about the villain
  • Seth Grahame-Smith gets cracking on Beetlejuice 2
  • Steven Seagal‘s out, Jackie Chan‘s in for Expendables 3
  • Willow and Roger Rabbit sequels offer non-updates
  • Anchorman 2 will feature Champ Kind, restauranteur
  • The Happy Madison boys goof off in Grown Ups 2 posters
  • Storm Shadow looks especially badass in new G.I. Joe pics
  • Kick-Ass 2 reveals six new high-res images and a poster

Read More »

Tommy Wirkola‘s first US film, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, was no critical fave, but it has done over $100m worldwide so far. Now Wirkola is heading back to Norway to make a sequel to his breakout film, Dead Snow. The new one is Dead Snow: War of the Dead, which will follow “the sole survivor of a Nazi zombie attack who battles an even larger army of Zombies with the help of the Zombie Squad, a professional gang of zombie killers from the US.”

The movie will be released in English and Norwegian versions, says ScreenDaily, and the film should shoot later this year. Wirkola said, “We have a script that I am super excited about, which is bigger, scarier, funnier, more action-filled and gorier than the previous one, and I can’t wait to unleash another horde of undead Nazi zombies onto the world again.”

After the break, you’ll find the following:

  • The Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy sequel Smiley’s Game moves forward,
  • Transformers visual effects supervisor returns for Transformers 4,
  • Rambo V and The Expendables 3 in the works at the European Film Market,
  • Rooney Mara denies that Daniel Craig will be cut from The Girl Who Played With Fire,
  • Summit debuts a new Red 2 poster,
  • and shots appear from Insidious 2 and Riddick.

Read More »

So far, the scariest thing about Paranormal Activity 5 may be how little anyone involved with it claims to know about it. We are talking about a movie that’s due out in just under nine months. After the jump:

  • Katie Featherston and Oren Peli talk Paranormal Activity 5
  • No, Linday Lohan will not be reprising her role for Machete Kills
  • Steven Spielberg says George Lucas still plans to do Indiana Jones 5
  • Sylvester Stallone is joking about wanting Bill Clinton for Expendables 3, right?
  • Judd Apatow considers another Knocked Up spinoff, this time about the kids
  • Andy Muschietti does not think there should be a Mama 2
  • Check out a sunny set photo from Insidious Chapter 2

Read More »

There’s been some talk already about whether Harrison Ford might return for the Blade Runner sequel, but now Sean Young would like to express her interest in the new film as well. Read her comments after the jump. Also:

  • Expendables 3 will shoot this fall, says Dolph Lundgren
  • Skyfall hits digital HD and then Blu-ray/DVD next month
  • The Best Man sequel will bring back the original cast
  • WWE’s new Leprechaun movie will be “a little darker”
  • Flip through more images from Before Midnight

Read More »

Lots and lots of filmmakers and actors talking about their upcoming films in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read quotes about the followin:

  • J.J. Abrams gives a brief update of the development of Mission: Impossible 5.
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t sure of when Terminator 5 might happen…
  • …but seems excited about playing Conan in The Legend of Conan.
  • Playmate Crystal McCahill posted some photos from the set of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
  • Sorry everyone, William Shatner does not appear in Star Trek Into Darkness.
  • A Good Day To Die Hard will get a Dolby Atmos sound mix.
  • Actor Rodrigo Santoro talks the story of 300: Rise of an Empire.
  • Tom Selleck is still planning on doing Three Men and a Bride.
  • John Woo would like to direct a third Expendables film, but has some demands.

Read More »

Wondering what sequelized delights await us in 2013 and beyond? After the jump:

  • Jackie Chan joins Expendables 3, wants to do Rush Hour 4
  • Dennis Haysbert talks about replacing Michael Clarke Duncan in Sin City 2
  • Mark Wahlberg calls Transformers 4 the most important role of his career
  • Michael Bay says that the “leaked” Transformers 4 script is a fake
  • David Wain is definitely still working on Wet Hot American Summer 2
  • Adam Green is excited to explore Victor Crowley’s story in Hatchet III
  • J.J. Abrams has thoughts on the 3D conversion for Star Trek Into Darkness
  • George Miller‘s Mad Max: Fury Road has finished shooting
  • New images and plot details emerge for The Hangover Part 3
  • A still from Red 2 shows off some godawful outfits

Read More »

Cool Posts From Around the Web:

UPDATE: Deadline reports Stallone denies making the below claims on Facebook, pointing to the fact it’s a fan page. 

Time and again, Sylvester Stallone has proven he’s a man of the fans. From his legendary Q&As on Ain’t It Cool News to panels at San Diego Comic-Con, the Oscar-nominated action mega star has fully embraced new media and that’s how he chose to make his latest announcement.

Stallone took to Facebook to confirm Oscar-winner Nicolas Cage will be a part of The Expendables 3 and that producers are currently trying to add Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and bring back Mickey Rourke. He said “We are preparing the film with the same passion and commitment as the previous two” and admitted the third film might not be the last one. Read Stallone’s statement and more after the jump. Read More »