Posted on Tuesday, November 29th, 2016 by Angie Han
It took a while to get Matt Damon back into the Bourne franchise. But the wait paid off handsomely at the box office, as Jason Bourne took in $415 million worldwide. So the question now, of course, is what’s next for the series. Will Damon return again? Will he bring Jason Bourne director Paul Greengrass back with him? And what of Jeremy Renner‘s Aaron Cross — might Bourne Legacy finally get a sequel?
Producer Frank Marshall addressed these questions and more in a recent interview. Find out what he had to say below. Read More »
Most thrillers keep the suspense on-screen, but the Bourne franchise now has edge-of-your-seat action behind-the-scenes too. News that Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass would return to Universal to make the fourth Jason Bourne film has been the biggest surprise of the week so far. But that’s just the beginning.
Greengrass didn’t have the most pleasant split from the franchise after The Bourne Ultimatum, despite it being the most successful film of the franchise. Damon said he’d only play Bourne again if Greengrass returned, and that didn’t seem like a very likely option. Now they may both be back for Bourne 5, putting the planned 2016 sequel to Jeremy Renner‘s The Bourne Legacy in question.
But hold up — things aren’t quite so set on either front just yet, suggests producer Frank Marshall. There’s no deal for Greengrass yet, and in the meantime development on the Renner sequel is still moving forward. “We’re on two tracks,” he says. Read More »