Arnold Schwarzenegger took a few years off from acting so he could properly govern the state of California, but now that the hiatus is over he seems to have picked up where he left off. Like, exactly where he left off. His upcoming slate includes new sequels to Twins and Conan the Barbarian, and now he’s also confirmed that he’ll be appearing in the next installment of the Terminator franchise. Progress on the sci-fi film has been halting so far, but it recently took a big step forward as writers Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier signed on. More after the jump.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, January 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Just as promised, the Terminator will be back. Progress on Terminator 5 has been on-again, off-again for the past couple of years, but now it’s picking back up with the hiring of writers Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier. While the pair have yet to complete any projects together, they’ve collaborated on a couple of things that haven’t made it to the screen yet. Seperately, Lussier is best known for the Nic Cage thriller Drive Angry, while Kalogridis’ credits include Shutter Island, Alexander, and Avatar. More details after the jump.
Sequel Bits: ‘Mission Impossible 5,’ ‘Legend of Conan,’ ‘Terminator 5,’ ‘Three Men and A Bride,’ ’300: Rise of an Empire’ and More
Posted on Monday, January 7th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Lots and lots of filmmakers and actors talking about their upcoming films in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read quotes about the followin:
- J.J. Abrams gives a brief update of the development of Mission: Impossible 5.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t sure of when Terminator 5 might happen…
- …but seems excited about playing Conan in The Legend of Conan.
- Playmate Crystal McCahill posted some photos from the set of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
- Sorry everyone, William Shatner does not appear in Star Trek Into Darkness.
- A Good Day To Die Hard will get a Dolby Atmos sound mix.
- Actor Rodrigo Santoro talks the story of 300: Rise of an Empire.
- Tom Selleck is still planning on doing Three Men and a Bride.
- John Woo would like to direct a third Expendables film, but has some demands.
Sequel Bits: ‘Riddick’, ‘Skyfall’, ‘The Woman in Black: Angel of Death’, ‘The Expendables 3′, ‘The Mechanic 2′, ‘Terminator 5′
Posted on Thursday, November 1st, 2012 by Angie Han
Click past the jump for sequel-related bobs and bits, including:
- The Vatican is not immune to Skyfall‘s spell
- Vin Diesel‘s Riddick gets rated by the MPAA
- Women in Black 2 has a spooky new poster
- Expendables 3 and Mechanic 2 are happening
- Is Terminator 5 picking up steam again?
Sequel Bits: ‘Terminator 5,’ ‘Scary Movie 5,’ ‘The Signal 2,’ ‘Catching Fire,’ ‘The Hobbit,’ ‘Sinister,’ ‘Transformers 4′
Posted on Monday, October 15th, 2012 by Germain Lussier
If today’s Sequel Bits are to be believed, we’ll see one sequel earlier than expected, never see another and have begun thinking about a hypothetical one. After the jump, read all about the following:
- Terminator 5 might be dead, and its ambitious story could be why.
- Scary Movie 5 moves its release date, creating a curious horror competition.
- Read about the sequel that was written for David Bruckner’s The Signal.
- See some new set photos from the filming of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
- Hugo Weaving says Peter Jackson hasn’t filmed the finale of The Hobbit yet, and he has yet to be contacted about Transformers 4.
- Is it possible to make a Sinister 2?
Posted on Monday, September 24th, 2012 by Germain Lussier
Posters, casting, videos and rumor control. Just another day in the world of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following.
- The Hangover Part III adds actress Lela Loren and is shooting in central California.
- A new trailer is out for Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines.
- Find out how you can work with Michael Bay on Transformers 4.
- A new viral video has been released for Paranormal Activity 4.
- Robert Rodriguez doesn’t think a Predators sequel will happen.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger says nothing is happening on Terminator 5.
- A teaser poster for The Smurfs 2 has been released.
Sequel Bits: James Cameron Wants More T-800 in ‘Terminator 5′, Plus: ‘Mission: Impossible 5′, ‘Cloverfield 2′, ‘Grown-Ups 2′, ‘Star Trek’ Video Game
Posted on Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
Arnold Schwarzenegger may not be as young as he once was, but James Cameron’s convinced that his Terminator character has plenty of life left in him yet. Also after the jump:
- Grown-Ups 2 will shoot in Marblehead, MA
- Brad Bird probably won’t direct Mission: Impossible 5
- Cloverfield 2 is still searching for a new idea
- The Star Trek video game unveils a new teaser
In this edition of Sequel Bits, it is once again hip to be square. As well as to be mutated, undead, and/or cyborgian. After the jump:
- Yes, Jennifer Lawrence wants to do X-Men: First Class 2
- Bret Easton Ellis says Patrick Bateman would want to get it on with Chris Brown and Rihanna
- [REC]3: Genesis gets a creepy new trailer
- Producer Victor Kubicek talks Terminator Salvation, wishes the Terminator 5 folks good luck