We’re well past the midpoint of the year, and we’ve already delivered our list of the Top 10 Films of 2015 So Far. And as we reach the end of the summer, the movie business starts slowing down, giving a little calm before the storm that is awards season. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t still tons of movies to look forward to before the end of the year.
That’s why we’ve collected a list of 30 Movies to Be Excited for Before the End of 2015. And since there are so many great movies coming up before the end of the year, this is the Blockbuster and Studio Edition of the list, and next week we’ll deliver a completely different list for independent movies. But until then, here’s a list of movies we think you won’t want to miss over the next four months. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, August 27th, 2015 by Angie Han
The onslaught of Star Wars: The Force Awakens marketing continues today with another magazine cover and a couple of new stills. What sets this particular magazine cover apart, though, is that it focuses on the most adorable new member of the galaxy: rolling ball droid BB-8. See the BB-8 cover and new images after the jump. Read More »
Ever since BB-8 was revealed in the first Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer, the world has been obsessed with the newest droid in the galaxy. How was BB-8 created? What was the story behind his creation and development? Hit the jump to find out what we learned from a recent longform article about Lucasfilm. For instance, did you know that JJ Abrams was still unsure a practical BB-8 would work right up until a week before filming began?
Read More »
Nowadays, movies move in an out of theaters very quickly. Gone are the days of a movie sticking around your local multiplex for months. And movies have an even shorter shelf-life on IMAX screens, since there are far fewer of the giant movie theaters available for movies to inhabit.
Therefore, it’s somewhat surprising, though also not entirely unexpected, that Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be getting an extended stay in IMAX theaters when it opens on December 18th. Fans we’ll get their chance to see The Force Awakens IMAX screenings in theaters across the country for an entire month. Read More »
There’s plenty of Star Wars mash-ups out there online, but most them simply take real footage from the movies and remixes it with other audio and video. However, it’s always a little more impressive when someone creates an original video with Star Wars influences.
And that’s exactly what’s so cool about Darth Punk: The Funk Awakens, a Star Wars Daft Punk hybrid music video by Infectious Designer that takes elements from a galaxy far, far away and mixes them with an electro-punk underworld. If you like neon, shiny helmets and lightsabers, you’ll enjoy this little production. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Disney Consumer Products has announced that they will unveil products inspired by the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens through an unprecedented 18-hour long live YouTube stream of unboxing videos. Pretty insane. Watch the video announcement and read the full star wars toys unboxing press release after the jump now.
Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we taker a look at the following items:
- Details on Mads Mikkelsen Role in Star Wars: Rogue One.
- How many X-Wing Squadrons can we expect in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- An official description of the Star Wars Launch Bay exhibit space being added to Disneyland.
- How Boba Fett will be used in Star Wars Battlefront.
- How big is a Super Star Destroyer? Is it bigger than Manhattan?
- How will Target handle Force Friday?
- Poster Posse is teaming with ACME Archives and LucasFilm for an official Star Wars art show.
- And above is a fan design for a LucasLand theme park. While its not what Disney’s Star Wars Land is going to look like, I thought it would be fun to feature.
All this and more. Hit the jump to go to hyperspeed.
Read More »
We’re just under four months away from the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and even with a large chunk of the toys hitting shelves on Friday having leaked online, the Mystery Box surrounding the Star Wars sequel is still very much intact.
However, the latest issue of Empire shines a light on Episode VII, the beginning of a new trilogy, and director J.J. Abrams has confirmed what some fans have long presumed about the new villain. Kylo Ren is not a Sith. More below! Read More »
A Jedi Knight? Jeez, I’m out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of Star Wars Bits. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- Spy set photos revealing X-Wings in Star Wars: Rogue One
- Some cool fanmade artwork with Obi-Wan Kenobi and more
- New excerpts from books part of The Journey to The Force Awakens
- Rumors about the lead role in Star Wars: Episode VIII
- New paperback covers for Journey to The Force Awakens books
- Which Star Wars character makes for a popular baby name?
- Grand Moff Tarkin appearing in Star Wars: Rogue One?
Read More »