These Star Wars Bits are now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest you use them. Here’s what you can expect from this round of Star Wars updates:
- Simon Kinberg talks Darth Vader on Star Wars Rebels
- See the Star Wars LEGO Dagobah Comic-Con exclusive set
- Mark Wahlberg probably won’t see Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- JAKKS Pacific Boba Fett parade-inspired action figure
- Second teaser for Episode VII sets a Guinness World Record
- Mark Hamill growing his Jedi beard again
- Original Star Wars screens theatrically in China for the first time
- William Shakespeare’s Revenge of the Sith cover art revealed
- New The Force Awakens promo image with Finn, Chewie and more
- Ken Leung may have small role in The Force Awakens
- Jon Favreau likely not directing any Star Wars movies
- LEGO BB-8 is as adorable as you think
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
In March, Disney closed Innoventions exhibit hall in Disneyland’s Tomorrowland with no official word of the classic walk-through attraction’s fate. Rumors are circling that the Orange County based theme park will be replacing the interior of Innoventions with a Marvel/Star Wars focus. Find out the Innoventions Marvel Star Wars details after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, June 22nd, 2015 by Angie Han
The debate over Kylo Ren’s crossguard lightsaber in Star Wars: The Force Awakens rages on. The latest to weigh in with his opinion is none other than Obi-Wan Kenobi himself, Ewan McGregor — who says a real Jedi or Sith wouldn’t need a crossguard. Read the Ewan McGregor crossguard lightsaber comments after the jump. Read More »
The week before Jurassic World hit theaters, I was able to get mega-producer Frank Marshall on the phone to talk not only about the new Jurassic Park sequel/reboot, but about a variety of other topics as well.
During the conversation we discussed the idea of weaponized dinosaurs, how he came to produce this movie (which has something to do with Star Wars), the cynical online fanboy reaction throughout the development, the Amblin feel of the movie, how the project evolved from earlier drafts, why the previous screenwriters Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver are still credited on the film after Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connelly did a page one rewrite, the battle of practical vs. cg effects, planning for further sequels, Spielberg’s idea for trained raptors, how Jimmy Buffet ended up in the movie, if Universal Studios will be making a Jurassic World ride for their parks.
I ask him about some of the projects he has on his plate, which include new Bourne movies, a big-screen adaptation of Assassin’s Creed, and Indiana Jones 5. I also ask about the 30th anniversary of Back to the Future, a film for which Marshall acted as producer and second unit director. (I got some details on that latter gig.) All this and more is in my Frank Marshall interview, which you can read after the jump.
Read More »
There are still more than 180 days left until Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters, and fans probably need all the help they can get passing the time until December 18th arrives. They’ll get some help in September when Force Friday unveils a bunch of new merchandise from Episode VII. Otherwise, you just have to bide your time until Christmas arrives.
And to help out with that, one YouTube user decided to spend his time waiting for The Force Awakens by combining all six of the Star Wars movies into a single video. I don’t mean that he edited all six movies down into a single movie. Instead, he took all six movies and put them on top of each other and played them at the same time. Watch all Star Wars movies at the same time after the jump! Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
When you sign on to work on a Star Wars film, you sign a huge NDA which prevents you from talking about the movie in almost any way possible (for example, see us try to get screenwriter Gary Whitta to talk about Star Wars: Rogue One here). But Star Wars: Episode VIII writer/director Rian Johnson has bet a tiny bit more forthcoming in interviews and on social media (he recently revealed the film format for his upcoming installment on twitter).
Yesterday the Looper/Brick writer/director took to twitter to relay the story of a dream he had which was to inspire a sequence in the upcoming still untitled Star Wars: Episode 8. Of course its nothing serious, but as Rian says, it is “a true story.” Read about the Rian Johnson Star Wars dream after the jump.
Read More »
The first image from the second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens is burned in our brains. A speeder races along a vast desert, and as the camera follows it, a crashed Star Destroyer is revealed. Soon, we learned this is the planet Jakku, home of Rey, and location of an epic battle between the Empire and Rebellion some time after Return of the Jedi. In a single shot, director J.J. Abrams tells his audience how the galaxy has changed since Jedi and sets up the world we’ll see in The Force Awakens.
Soon after that trailer was released, we found out fans will get to participate in the Battle of Jakku when the video game Star Wars Battlefront is released before The Force Awakens.
Now, fast forward to this week and E3. EA released a new trailer for Star Wars Battlefront which takes place on a desert planet and ends with a Star Destroyer crashing. Some have speculated this is our first look at the Battle of Jakku. Is that true? Find out below. Read More »
Many forms of media are present in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Vinyl, video games, television, movies, comic books and so much more. Below, read about the following:
- John Williams‘ score for Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace is now on vinyl.
- Photos of Princess Leia in Star Wars: The Force Awakens leak.
- See the Boba Fett Disney Infinity 3.0 figure and a new E3 trailer.
- Visceral Games continues to tease a new Star Wars game.
- Watch a new clip from Star Wars Rebels season 2.
- See a variant cover for the comic Star Wars: Shattered Empire #1.
- Watch a conversation with Frank Oz from Disney’s Star Wars Weekends.
- Gawker Media offers to buy the script for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Mark Hamill‘s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens is questioned.
- What Force Awakens ship could also appear in Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One?
- How does Finn fit in between the Resistance and First Order?
Read More »
So you’ve probably heard by now, Jurassic World beat The Avengers U.S. box office opening record. Colin Trevorrow’s Jurassic Park sequel grossed $208,806,270 in the opening weekend, just enough to overtake Joss Whedon’s The Avengers‘ $207.4 million record from 2012. Marvel Studios has published an image online to congratulate the “new box office king.” Check it out, after the jump.
Read More »