Posted on Friday, October 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
As the Star Wars saga barrels forward with new settings, new gadgets, new vehicles, and new characters, one thing remains the same. At heart, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy says, it’ll still be a story about the Skywalker family. And that likely includes at least one new The Force Awakens character. Read Kennedy’s quote about plans for the Skywalker family after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
I see you have constructed a new Star Wars Bits. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- First look at new The Force Awakens books coming in December
- Domhnall Gleeson talks a bit about his Force Awakens character General Hux
- Tim Rose discusses returning as Admiral Akbar in The Force Awakens
- Some new rumors surface about Rey in The Force Awakens
- A new survey asks fans where The Force Awakens will rank among the saga
- See a forthcoming new 6-inch Black Series figure from The Force Awakens
- Check out Hot Toys‘ sixth scale First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
- Kickstart some awesome Star Wars bluetooth speakers
Read More »
Last week, Disney announced that Star Wars Land construction would close popular attractions beginning January 11th, 2016. Now a new report claims that the construction will bring huge changes to Disneyland which would dramatically change Rivers of America and the look of Walt Disney’s original theme park. Learn about the rumored Disneyland changes details after the jump.
Read More »
While the President of the United States of America is one of the most powerful leaders of the free world, it’s important to remember that each and every person who has and will hold that office is a person just like the rest of us. And most people love movies. Therefore, it should come as no surprise to hear of presidents watching movies at the White House to unwind a bit, many times with other world leaders.
And now you can get a little insight into what a couple of America’s leaders were watching during their time in office as the lists of films screened by presidents Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter during their tenure have recently been publicized online. Each of them actually watched more movies than you might otherwise have thought. Read More »
When Force Friday arrived earlier this month, fans were hoping that the unleashing of a stream of merchandise, from toys to lunchboxes to clothes to books, would reveal some of the secrets of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. However, you might have noticed that there hasn’t really been much in the vein of revelations from the release. And there’s a reason for that.
As of now, the toys that have been released only represent events and characters from the first third of the film in order to avoid any spoilers that happen later in the movie. But there will be more The Force Awakens toys arriving in the months leading up to the release of the movie. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we’ll take a look at the following:
- 5 easter eggs you may have missed in the Star Wars: the Force Awakens 360 degree Jakku video.
- Anthony Ingruber was almost cast as Han Solo.
- Find out when you can play the Star Wars Battlefront video game beta.
- Is Disney considering Force Awakens meet and greets at Disneyland?
- Sarah Michelle Gellar will finally reveal details about her role in Star Wars Rebels.
- Promotional Star Wars: the Force Awakens character posters released reminiscent of the Olly Moss original trilogy prints.
- See new images and learn more about the new Chewbacca comic book series.
- A new rumor as to the identity of Max von Sydow’s character in The Force Awakens.
- See more cover art from the Star Wars: Shattered Empire comic books.
- The above web comic strip was created by Matt Rhodes.
All this and more. Hit the jump to hyperspace to begin.
Read More »
At D23 Expo 2015, Bob Iger announced that Disney would be building Star Wars-themed lands in Disneyland and Disney World. And before that happens in a few years (date to be announced), Disney also announced they would expand the Star Wars presence in both Disney World and Disneyland this year. Well we now have some new information about Star Wars land construction and the “Season of the Force” which is set to begin in just a couple months. Hit the jump to learn more about all the Star Wars Disneyland news.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 23rd, 2015 by Angie Han
Who’s in the mood to speculate about a totally bonkers casting rumor? After the jump:
- Telefonica announces a Star Wars pop-up channel in Spain
- What was the most best selling Force Friday toy?
- Hot Toys unveils a 1/6 scale First Order Snowtrooper figure
- One fan argues the Star Wars spinoffs avoid origin stories
- A handy chart outlines the Star Wars canon chronology
- Luke and Vader will be playable in Battlefront; get the details
- A nutty rumor says Hayden Christensen is in Episode VIII
- … and another rumor claims Darth Vader will be in Rogue One
Read More »
Lucasfilm and Disney have released a new way to explore one of the new environments in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, via a new 360-degree video standard available on Facebook.
A one-minute video puts viewers in the driver’s seat of Rey’s speeder bike, as the craft zips along the desert, and you can even hear BB-8 at the end of the ride. The video, which is more video game than cinema, allows the viewer to pan and tilt for a 360-degree view of a section of Jakku’s landscape, complete with the ruins from the Battle of Jakku dominated by that massive crashed Star Destroyer we saw in one teaser.
Check out the Force Awakens 360-degree video below. Read More »