The Toy Box is a new weekly feature at /Film that will round up some of the newest and coolest collectibles, decorations, gadgets and other memorabilia that you nerds might want for your shelves.
This week we’ve got some good stuff from Adult Swim’s fantastic Rick & Morty, AMC’s adaptation of Preacher, several new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles collectibles, a few cool items from Star Wars and Star Trek, a bloody new Friday the 13th figure and much more. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
No, that’s not a typo. Any Star Wars fan can tell you that the original title for the final installment of the original trilogy was Revenge of the Jedi. Franchise creator George Lucas eventually changed the title to Return of the Jedi before release because he had determined that getting revenge was not something a Jedi would seek out.
However, the Star Wars sequel was teased so far out in advance of the release that some marketing materials still had the title Revenge of the Jedi. The teaser poster featuring that title is worth a pretty penny, but there was also a teaser trailer that had the abandoned title still intact, and The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has dusted it off and posted it online.
Watch the Revenge of the Jedi teaser trailer after the jump. Read More »
If you’re not watching The Star Wars Show, Disney’s official weekly Star Wars weberies, you should be. This week’s edition opens with a funny video from the set of Star Wars: Episode VIII featuring director Rian Johnson and Chewbacca. But not only that, the show has revealed the key art for Star Wars Celebration Europe, which features both the cast of Star Wars: The Force Awakens/Episode 8 and the new cast for Star Wars: Rogue One. Sure, this might have been more cool if that Rogue One art didn’t leak online last week, but its still cool seeing this cast in this layout including a full reveal of Ben Mendelsohn as Director Krennic. But the art (and show) gives us our first look at a new model of AT-At and a new rank of Stormtrooper. Find out the names and more, after the jump.
Read More »
In today’s Star Wars Bits:
- Artist Scott Park pays tribute to the crew(s) of the Millennium Falcon.
- Dave Filoni wants Ewan McGregor for Star Wars Rebels.
- One seriously impressive LEGO Death Star.
- A comedian shares stories of getting photos with the Star Wars cast.
- The entire known history of space pirate Hondo Ohnaka.
- The real reason for the Millennium Falcon’s distinct shape.
- A preview of Marvel’s upcoming Han Solo comic series.
- The complete saga of the Chewbacca Mom so far.
- Star Wars turns 39 years old today.
Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Our first official look at Ciena Ree, the main character from Lost Stars.
- Christopher McQuarrie pitches a Star Wars movie.
- Mark Hamill shares a few interesting stories on Twitter.
- New art re-imagines Yoda as a Sith Lord.
- Star Wars: Aftermath is currently dirt cheap.
- The guys behind Roxy the Rancor are back with a new creation.
- New Star Wars Celebration pins have been revealed.
- Star Wars: Battlefront sequels will feature single player.
- New footage from LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens has arrived.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Way back in 2012, Disney struck a deal with Netflix to make the streaming service the exclusive home to tons of movies from the House of Mouse. That included films from Marvel, Lucasfilm and Pixar Animation. However, the deal didn’t begin until 2016. Thankfully, that year is now, which means we’re on the brink of getting a bunch of Disney movies at our disposal. More specifically, Disney’s exclusive Netflix deal begins in September. Find out more about the Disney Netflix deal after the jump. Read More »
If you’re a hardcore Star Wars fan, there’s probably no way of knowing how many times you’ve seen the original film from 1977. However, we can guarantee that you’ve never seen the movie like this.
An illustrator and graphic novelist from Geneva, Switzerland took the time to adapt Star Wars: A New Hope into a single infographic that measures 123 meters long. It’s really impressive how he took the entire movie and created a scrolling presentation of the story. It includes dialogue, ships, settings and all the important details. Check out the Star Wars A New Hope infographic after the jump. Read More »
When the original Star Wars arrived in theaters in 1977, it was an innovative piece of filmmaking for a number of reasons. Even though the film didn’t take home any of the big awards for Best Picture, Best Screenplay or Best Director, it did take a bunch of technical awards home for costume design, art direction, visual effects, editing, score and sound.
It’s the latter arean that a new video focuses on by isolating dozens of sound effects from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Obviously the movie borrows plenty of familiar sounds that originated in the first Star Wars nearly 40 years ago, but there are plenty of new ones to appreciate as well. And just like the original Star Wars, they were created by sound master Ben Burtt, who was given a special honorary Oscar for his work on the movie back in 1977.
Watch the Star Wars The Force Awakens sound effects supercut after the jump. Read More »
In today’s edition of Episode 8 Bits:
- Another “leaked” title for Star Wars: Episode 8 has arrived online.
- The combination of actors on the Irish sets tell us more about the story ahead.
- Details from a what sounds like a key sequence, but beware of potential spoilers.
- Rumor-busting Carrie Fisher‘s presence in Ireland.
- Stunning (and possibly illegal) image from the Episode 8 set.
- And more!
Read More »