If you’ve been to a convention, odds are you spent some time drooling at a Sideshow Collectibles booth. Their large convention space consists of glass cases filled with the kind of high-end collectibles and figures most of us only dream of owning. Last weekend’s Star Wars Celebration was no different. Sideshow had a beautiful booth filled with goregeous merchandise. However, one big different this time was a huge selection of R2-D2’s that had been customized by various artists.
The exhibit was called R2-Me2 and consisted of efforts from almost 100 different artists – including composer Michael Giacchino – each using R2-D2 as a canvas for various interpretation of the character. Below, see a few our of favorite R2-Me2 images. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015 by Angie Han
Marvel loves burying Easter eggs in their movies. Sometimes they turn out to be set-up for future films, but often they’re just fun little gags. Falling into the latter category is this genius Star Wars reference, which has managed to make it into every single Phase Two film. Find out what the Marvel Phase Two Star Wars Easter egg is after the jump.
Be warned that spoilers lie ahead for Marvel Phase Two, including minor implied spoilers for Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man.
Read More »
We’ve got more Star Wars Celebration round-up items, as well as some cool Force Awakens info, in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read the following:
- Force Awakens star John Boyega is back on Twitter, and walked around Celebration in disguise.
- Disney is recreating the Millennium Falcon cockpit on their cruise ship.
- George Lucas says Star Wars: The Force Awakens is a “different” kind of story.
- Marvel announced two new Star Wars comic books.
- A new Del Ray book has been revealed: Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company.
- Author Alan Dean Foster will write The Force Awakens novelization.
- Watch a Lego version of the Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One trailer.
- Listen to Peter on a podcast about Star Wars Celebration.
- See where the X-Wing sequences in the Force Awakens trailer were filmed.
- Ben Mendelsohn tiptoes around his potential Rogue One casting.
- Want to see a Gonk Droid in Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
- J.J. Abrams takes the Twizzler Challenge.
- Star Wars Celebration 2016 will be in London from July 15-17, 2016.
Read More »
We begin to chronicle the aftermath of Star Wars Celebration in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, we’ll discuss the following:
- An iPhone controlled BB-8 is coming to stores, and a larger version is coming to Disney Parks.
- Why didn’t Josh Trank come to Star Wars Celebration?
- Learn the code name for the Josh Trank Star Wars Anthology film.
- The latest Force Awakens trailer had 88 million views in 24 hours.
- Disney’s stock valuation jumped $2 billion after the release of the trailer.
- See J.J. Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy watching the trailer in front of the crowd.
- Watch some new footage from Star Wars Battlefront.
- The airline ANA now has a R2-D2 themed 787 airplane
- Listen to Gareth Edwards talk about the tone of Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One.
- The Disneyland 60th Anniversary R2-D2 is revealed.
Read More »
Hot off the biggest Star Wars weekend of the year (so far), the Bottleneck Gallery is releasing a beautiful set of official posters based on the original trilogy. The artist is Andy Fairhurst, who did this incredible set of Back to the Future posters a few months back. As he did with those, Fairhurst gives these popular films an etherial, yet recognizable look, and links an entire trilogy with the same basic concept. The result is a striking set of posters for one of the biggest trilogies ever.
The Andy Fairhurst Star Wars posters go on sale at noon EST. Check them out below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
At this very moment, three of the most crucial people in the world of Star Wars are J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy and Bob Iger. One is the co-writer and director of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the second is the President of Lucasfilm, and the third runs Disney, which owns Lucasfilm and, effectively, Star Wars. Those three people – and probably Kiri Hart, head of the Lucasfilm Story Group – are Star Wars. And the first three all appeared on the Star Wars Celebration live stream over the weekend to talk about the franchise and the new film. If you missed them live, those videos are now online. Check out the Star Wars Celebration interviews below. Read More »
“Boba Fett is both simultaneously alive and dead in the Sarlaac Pit until a story pulls him out.”
That’s Pablo Hidalgo, one of the members of the Lucasfilm Story Group, trying to explain how and why their team makes story choices. The Story Group is a new group of Lucasfilm employees, headed up by Kiri Hart and created by President Kathleen Kennedy, whose job is to make sure every single Star Wars movie, TV show, book, comic book and video game tell one, big Star Wars story. At Star Wars Celebration Hidalgo and fellow Story Group member Leland Chee sat on a panel called One Big Story, along side editors from Del Ray Books, DK Publishing, Disney Publishing and Marvel Comics, to talk to fans about this new initiative to make sure all Star Wars stories tell the same story.
Unfortunately, there were no definitive big answers given about fan questions such as Boba Fett’s fate or The Old Republic, but there was lots of teasing and insight. Plus there was discussion on the overall plan the Story Group has, how they interact with creative people, their willingness to explore new things in the Star Wars Universe, the Expanded Universe and the potential length of this plan. Read all about the operations of the Lucasfilm Story Group below. Read More »
Darth Vader is on the trail of Kanan, Ezra, Hera, Sabine and Zeb in the season 2 premiere of Star Wars Rebels. The hour-long episode won’t be on Disney XD until this summer, but a few hundred lucky fans at Star Wars Celebration were treated to an early sneak peak.
/Film was on hand and recorded a video blog immediately after the screening to talk about the Rebels Season 2 premiere. We do touch on a few minor spoilers so beware, but it’s not a spoiler to say the episode is an amazing piece of television. A story that absolutely could very easily be a Star Wars movie.
Watch our Star Wars Rebels Season 2 premiere video blog below. Read More »
Today at the final day of Star Wars Celebration, Star Wars: Rogue One director Gareth Edwards took the stage for a panel called “Conversations with Gareth Edwards and Josh Trank.” Oddly, Trank did not show up (Kathleen Kennedy said he woke up sick) and in the end of there was no further mention of him or his film. Edwards, however, was on hand to show a very brief teaser and provide some Rogue One plot details, including a confirmation of our plot scoop.
Star Wars: Rogue One is the first film in the new Star Wars Anthology series (that’s the official title for the spin-off movies) and features a plot in which “a rogue band of fighters come together to steal the death star plans.” Get more details, including a full teaser trailer description, below. Read More »