We don’t know what the Star Wars spinoff directed by Gareth Edwards (Godzilla) is about, and in fact we don’t know much, beyond the release date — the current date for the film is December 16, 2016 — and fact that Gary Whitta (The Book of Eli) is writing, But now we know who is shooting the movie. The first Star Wars spinoff cinematographer is Greig Fraser. He shot Foxcatcher and Zero Dark Thirty, and will now oversee the camera department for Edwards. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Star Wars is a pretty family-friendly film series, right? WRONG. It is a bonanza of death and murder, as shown in a video that tallies every on-screen death in the original trilogy. Guess what the final number is. No, it’s probably higher. This video compiles all on-screen Star Wars deaths from the OT — animal, clone, and human — with some estimates coming for the bigger moments, such as the destruction of Alderaan.
Note: this video does not take into account childhoods murdered by the Special Editions.
Read More »
Beer and parties are two of the things in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Yes, for real. There’s also Episode VII speculation and all of the following:
- Star Trek star Brent Spiner has joined Star Wars Rebels.
- Read a rumor of how performance capture is being used in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Footage from the cancelled Star Wars Battlefront 3 game is out.
- Watch Rebels Recon, the official Star Wars Rebels recap show.
- See photos from the London birthday celebration of Carrie Fisher.
- Daisy Ridley gets a new agent.
- Lucasfilm considers legal action against a beer company over their latest brew.
- Will Star Wars Episode VII steal a gag from Episode IV? And are there set photos of it?
- A possible scene with Han Solo and Chewbacca is described.
Read More »
A man walks in the woods and sees a scene from Star Wars Episode VII. Fact or fiction? Read about it, and the stories below, in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Rumored descriptions of vehicles in Star Wars Episode VII.
- A man walking near Pinewood Studios said he heard and saw J.J. Abrams filming a scene.
- Daniel Radcliffe visited the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch the official sneak of Darth Vader‘s Star Wars Rebels cameo.
- Listen to Dave Filoni talks Star Wars Rebels for 15 minutes.
- Read some excerpts from Star Wars: Tarkin by James Luceno.
- A Star Wars helmet showed up on Antiques Roadshow.
- See the Skywalker cameo in Star Wars Rebels.
- What happened to the Tie Fighter In Star Wars Rebels “Fighter Flight?”
Read More »
Two of the actresses in Star Wars Episode VII are in the news, as is Star Wars Rebels, George Lucas and more. Read about all this in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Lupita Nyong’o posted an image of herself in the Star Wars Episode VII crew hat.
- Actress Christina Chong has finished filming Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch two featurettes about Star Wars Rebels featuring new footage and making of information.
- Alex Ross reveals a variant cover of the new Marvel Comics Star Wars #1.
- George Lucas has some harsh words for the Hollywood studio system.
- Star Wars Episode VII made Abu Dhabi a hot filming spot.
- German TV is getting an all Star Wars TV station in December.
Read More »
The circle is now complete. In three weeks, J.J. Abrams will be done with principal photography on Star Wars Episode VII. In this edition of Star Wars Bits read about that milestone, and get info on the following items:
- The new London ILM president suggests we’ll only get six Star Wars movies over the next ten years.
- Could Darth Bane be the villain of Star Wars Episode VII?
- John Boyega tweets a very curious image of an R2 unit.
- Star Wars Rebels set a ratings record on Disney XD.
- Read the titles and credits for Star Wars Rebels episodes 7 and 10.
- Star Wars Rebels character Zare Leonis is NOT John Boyega’s Star Wars Episode VII character.
- Get $190 worth of Star Wars comics for whatever price you want to pay.
Read More »
A new piece of Star Wars news hit today, straight from the official YouTube page. The channel posted a funny video featuring long-time Star Wars actor Warwick Davis discussing whether or not he will be appearing in Star Wars Episode VII. Spoiler alert: he will. Watch the video and more below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
It’s just one of those things you never think about. First he was The Emperor. Then he was Senator Palpatine, followed by Chancellor Palpatine and then revealed as Darth Sidious. But never once did this Star Wars beacon of evil, the Phantom Menace himself, played perfectly by Ian McDiarmid, have a first name.
In the new canon novel Tarkin by James Luceno, that’s finally changed. After years of waiting and speculation, it can finally be revealed that Palpatine’s full name is… JOE PALPATINE. No, not really. Read Emperor Palpatine’s real first name below. Read More »