Lots of rumored concept art is described in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Is Maisie Richardson-Sellers actually in Star Wars Episode VII?
- The Episode VII filming on Skellig Michael was reportedly scaled down.
- Learn more about Han Solo‘s primary outfit in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Read rumored descriptions of several possible news ships in Episode VII.
- More potential details about a major spoiler scene are described.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
In 1978, the Star Wars Holiday Special aired on CBS. It quickly became one of the most infamously horrible pieces of Star Wars history. (Until the prequels, that is, hey yo!) Aside from a cartoon that introduced us to Boba Fett, the television special was notoriously bad, showing us Life Day on the Wookiee home world of Kashyyyk where Bea Arthur sings musical numbers. Anyway, moving on…
In a new weird move of strange corporate synergy, Disney is going to air a Star Wars Halloween Special… on ESPN 2 on October 30th 2014. Will this new Star Wars television special go down in flames like the previous Star Wars Holiday special? Details after the jump.
Read More »
Tyler Stout’s Star Wars Trilogy is one of the most highly collectible poster sets on the market. Each of the three posters in the set is classic Stout, combining almost every single character, setting and piece of iconic imagery from the film in one single image.
Artist Jacob Bills is obviously a fan, but he’s also a fan of Family Guy. Over the past few years, Family Guy parodied Star Wars with their specials Blue Harvest, Something Something Something Dark Side and It’s a Trap. Bills put all those pieces together and parodied the Tyler Stout posters by filling them in with images from the Family Guy episodes. The result has to be seen to be believed. Check out the Family Guy Star Wars posters below. Read More »
Dive deep into Star Wars Rebels, see a potentially massive Episode VII spoiler and more in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A possible new photo of a villain in Star Wars Episode VII has been revealed.
- Watch Darth Vader‘s cameo on Star Wars Rebels.
- Dave Filoni talks Monday’s Star Wars Rebels twist.
- New rumors about voice actors and the possible direction of Star Wars Rebels have surfaced.
- Benedict Cumberbatch talks about visiting the set of Star Wars Episode VII, and does a Jar Jar impression.
- Two upcoming Star Wars novels get new release dates.
- Listen to an audio excerpt from Star Wars: Tarkin.
Read More »
Interstellar, Inherent Vice, Guardians of the Galaxy… as excited as I was for all those films coming into 2014, the thing I’m still most looking forward to is the Star Wars Episode VII teaser trailer. The problem is, with the film hitting in December 2015, the odds of that trailer coming out this year seem really slim. Some new buzz is circling the Internet, however, that not only says that director J.J. Abrams has already cut a trailer, but that John Williams is writing music for it, and it’ll be out at some point before the end of the year. Is that possible? Below, we’ll present the rumor and break it down. Read More »
We don’t know what the Star Wars spinoff directed by Gareth Edwards (Godzilla) is about, and in fact we don’t know much, beyond the release date — the current date for the film is December 16, 2016 — and fact that Gary Whitta (The Book of Eli) is writing, But now we know who is shooting the movie. The first Star Wars spinoff cinematographer is Greig Fraser. He shot Foxcatcher and Zero Dark Thirty, and will now oversee the camera department for Edwards. Read More »
Star Wars is a pretty family-friendly film series, right? WRONG. It is a bonanza of death and murder, as shown in a video that tallies every on-screen death in the original trilogy. Guess what the final number is. No, it’s probably higher. This video compiles all on-screen Star Wars deaths from the OT — animal, clone, and human — with some estimates coming for the bigger moments, such as the destruction of Alderaan.
Note: this video does not take into account childhoods murdered by the Special Editions.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Beer and parties are two of the things in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Yes, for real. There’s also Episode VII speculation and all of the following:
- Star Trek star Brent Spiner has joined Star Wars Rebels.
- Read a rumor of how performance capture is being used in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Footage from the cancelled Star Wars Battlefront 3 game is out.
- Watch Rebels Recon, the official Star Wars Rebels recap show.
- See photos from the London birthday celebration of Carrie Fisher.
- Daisy Ridley gets a new agent.
- Lucasfilm considers legal action against a beer company over their latest brew.
- Will Star Wars Episode VII steal a gag from Episode IV? And are there set photos of it?
- A possible scene with Han Solo and Chewbacca is described.
Read More »