Reading Star Wars Bits ain’t like dusting crops, boy. Here’s what we have from a galaxy far, far away today:
- The Force Awakens production designer at San Diego Comic-Con
- Behind the Scenes of the Star Wars Weekends creative campaign
- Details and cover art from deluxe edition of Star Wars Battlefront
- Details on some tracks from The Force Awakens score
- George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy mourn passing of Christopher Lee
- Weird Al Yankovic records an a capella version of his song Yoda
- Secret Cinema’s Empire Strikes Back event is now open
- Star Wars Rebels characters join Disney Infinity 3.0
- Rumored details on locations, aliens and more in Star Wars: Rogue One
- New shots of Star Wars: The Force Awakens Black Series Stormtrooper
- Industrial Light & Magic working on Star Wars virtual reality experience
Read More »
You’re all clear, kid! Now let’s read these Star Wars Bits and go home! Here’s all the good stuff we’ve got below for today’s round-up of Star Wars updates for the weekend:
- Which Star Wars character does Brad Bird want to direct a movie about?
- Lords of the Sith novel made The New York Times bestseller list
- See a piece of concept art with an alternate version of Kylo Ren
- StarWars.com counts down the best Star Wars costumes
- Star Wars Weekends is getting some cool ice cubes and cupcakes
- Infographic tracks the Millennium Falcon in the Star Wars saga
- Star Wars gets a new exhibit at Madame Tussauds in London
- Potential Star Wars: Rogue One spoilers concerning returning characters
- Two new Vinylmation figures coming to Star Wars Weekends
- See a LEGO Super Star Destroyer destroyed in slow-motion
- What planet are the X-Wings flying on in The Force Awakens trailers?
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens t-shirt at Star Wars Weekends
- Millennium Falcon and more playable vehicles in Star Wars Battlefront
- Sneak preview of Star Wars #5 comic book
Read More »
2015 is kind of a big year for Star Wars. I heard there might be a movie coming out? Maybe even a convention, too? Well, another huge event on the Star Wars calendar takes place in Orlando, Florida. It’s the annual Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World resort, and the new dates have just been announced. Check out the Star Wars Weekends 2015 dates below. Read More »
Star Wars Weekends 2014 kicked off this past weekend and we have a bunch of videos for you Star Wars fans. On Friday we posted a full video of the Star Wars Weekends 2014 Parade and earlier this morning we included JJ Abrams’ surprise video message to Star Wars Weekends in a post about his note to Episode 7 cast and crew.
After the jump we have a bunch of new videos for you including the Star Wars Weekends on stage interviews with Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew and Jar Jar Binks actor Ahmed Best. Mayhew talks about his efforts to walk again, how the first time he read the Star Wars: Episode VII was during that cast script reading and how JJ Abrams wants to make a film closer to the original trilogy, and more. Inside The Magic also caught on video the special Symphony in the Stars fireworks show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World, which is a whole firework show set to the music of Star Wars.
Another video captures one of the skits performed before the Stars of the Saga talk show, featuring a troop of Stormtroopers danced to their favorite playlists from Earth including a bunch of popular songs from today like Let It Go from Frozen and Everything is Awesome from the LEGO Movie. Watch all of that and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Walt Disney World’s Star Wars Weekends 2014 has officially kicked off at Disney’s Hollywood Studios today. Attraction Magazine was on hand to catch the opening day festivities, which includes the Star Wars Weekends 2014 Parade. The parade includes Star Wars special guest celebrities Ahmed Best (Jar Jar Binks) Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) Vanessa Marshall (Hera Syndulla — Star Wars Rebels), James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan Kenobi – Clone Wars) and a ton of Star Wars costumed characters. The parade also features the debut of three new costumed characters from the upcoming Star Wars Rebels animated series: Chopper the droid, Sabine Wren and Ezra Bridger. Members of the 501st Legion of costumed Star Wars fans helped make the parade possible. About 11 minutes into the video is the finale, which is a more theatrical production up on a stage. The full video is online, and you can watch it now after the jump.
Read More »
There’s something for everyone in this edition of Theme Park Bits. From Back to the Future, to Star Wars, Harry Potter and The Little Mermaid, read about the following:
- Is Back to the Future returning to Universal Studios Hollywood?
- FastPass + is available to meet Mark Hamill and others at Star Wars Weekends.
- You can own an original car from the Walt Disney World monorail.
- Check out the new theater inside Animal Kingdom.
- See original concept art from Disney’s Haunted Mansion ride.
- What’s next for the Frozen franchise in the Disney theme parks?
- Watch a video combining Darth Vader and cupcakes.
- The Millennium Falcon takes center stage in a Star Wars Weekend promo.
- The California Adventure Little Mermaid ride got a quiet upgrade.
- Steven Spielberg speaks Japanese in new Universal Studios ad.
- Video and images from the Hogwarts Express ride at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Read More »
Today’s biggest Star Wars news has to do with the Expanded Universe and perhaps the Boba Fett film. But that’s far from all that’s going on. In this edition of Star Wars Bits, read about the following:
- The first new book in canon, Star Wars: A New Dawn, has been revealed…
- …as well as the rest of the first wave of canon books like Star Wars: Tarkin.
- Disney Stores are getting new Star Wars merchandise on May 4.
- Check out some images from Star Wars Storyboards: The Original Trilogy.
- Star Wars: The New Yoda Chronicles premieres May 4 along with a new Rebels tease.
- The full line up of Star Wars celebrities attending Star Wars Weekends has been revealed.
- Will we get the Star Wars Episode VII title at San Diego Comic-Con? Will it be there at all?
- Check out photos from the Lucasfilm offices at Walt Disney Studios.
Read More »
This edition of Star Wars Bits is all over the map. Below read about the following:
- Star Wars joins Tumblr…
- …and reveals some new Star Wars Rebels concept art.
- Disney announces the 2014 dates for Star Wars Weekends.
- Mythbusters is doing a Star Wars themed episode, watch a trailer.
- Dave Filoni talks about Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Get two popular Star Wars mobile games at a discount.
Read More »