You’re in luck today because there’s a whole bunch of great information in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker are first actors confirmed for Star Wars Celebration.
- Matthew Vaughn would love to direct a Star Wars movie.
- Watch J.J. Abrams accept a visual effects award, mention directing Star Wars.
- Mackenzie Davis was reportedly also up for the Star Wars standalone.
- Three major characters are rumored to appear in the Star Wars Rebels Season Two premiere.
- Mark Hamill did a great Don’t Talk PSA for the Alamo Drafthouse.
- Marvel’s Princess Leia comic has over 250,000 pre-orders; See a few new covers.
- John Boyega talks about Star Wars: The Force Awakens excitement.
- Female Stormtroopers are canon.
- A small update on the production status of the Star Wars standalone.
- Billy Dee Williams thinks he’ll appear in a new Star Wars movie.
- Could Han Solo appear in Star Wars Rebels?
- See a homemade Millennium Falcon drone.
- Get a glimpse of what Princess Leia’s outfit might look like in The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
This is a really good edition of Star Wars Bits. Rumors, spoilers, video clips, video games, this has it all. Below, read about the following:
- Could the Standalone be about Boba Fett‘s family?
- Episode VIII director Rian Johnson trolls Star Wars nation.
- Disney CEO Bob Iger talks Star Wars The Force Awakens trailer and broadband channel.
- Grand Moff Tarkin is coming to Star Wars Rebels this week. Watch a clip.
- Nicolas Cage enjoyed Hayden Christensen‘s work in the Star Wars prequels.
- Star Wars is coming to Madame Tussauds in London and there’s a video.
- See some awesome clothing made for the Episode VII special effects team.
- Download a ton of old school Star Wars video games via Humble Bundle.
- Multiple major spoilers about the identity, stories and fates of characters in The Force Awakens are discussed.
Read More »
Lucasfilm is finally cracking down on Force Awakens leaks. That’s just one of the news bits in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Lucasfilm has filed a lawsuit against an Internet user who posted images from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- British actor Aidan Cook may be in The Force Awakens as a creature actor.
- George Lucas appeared at the Sundance Film Festival and didn’t have nice things to say about Hollywood.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Talks Star Wars Rebels Season One and Two, which will be nearly double the length.
- Billy Dee Williams will return as Lando in Star Wars Rebels.
- See a preview of Marvel’s Star Wars #2.
- Oscar Isaac has some strong words about fan reaction to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- How did Star Wars: The Force Awakens take over Toy Fair in Germany?
- A huge batch of potential plot spoilers for The Force Awakens have made it online.
- There are also some possible descriptions of Han, Leia and Chewbacca’s costumes in the film.
Read More »
“Secrecy” is the word of the day in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, find out how two different stars are handling it, and learn hints of several things shrouded in secrecy, as well as the following:
- The animated series Star Wars Detours might come out later this year.
- The Star Wars Rebels finale is a “home run.”
- Domhnall Gleeson talks Star Wars: The Force Awakens secrecy.
- The cast of Girls has tried to make Adam Driver spill Force Awakens secrets.
- Read the first few pages of Marvel’s Star Wars #1.
- So, exactly how do you pronounce “Poe Dameron?”
- See an official, Japanese Star Wars banner.
- “Tri-Wing Fighter” concept art from The Force Awakens described.
Read More »
Hello, what have we here? Yes, everyone’s favorite Death Star destroyer and former owner of the Millennium Falcon, Lando Calrissian, will return to the Star Wars universe next week. Billy Dee Williams will voice Lando Calrissian on the January 19 episode of Star Wars Rebels called Idiot’s Array. Below, see photos and read more about how the Billy Dee Williams Star Wars Rebels cameo.
UPDATE: See a video of Williams voicing the character and several scenes from the episode. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There are two cool pieces of Star Wars news for you on this last Monday of 2014. First up, Disney CEO Bob Iger appeared on the cover of Fortune Magazine with his $4 billion dollar co-star, the Millennium Falcon. Then, inside, there’s a very cool new look at the Falcon from the ground level. The two constitute our first close-up images of the “fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy” from the 2015 sequel. We have the images below.
Second, Star Wars Rebels will return next week and as previously reported, Frank Oz will reprise his role as Yoda. The clip is now online and you can watch it below. Read More »
A significant addition to Star Wars Rebels and some new analysis of The Force Awakens trailer are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Read about the following:
- Yoda will be on Star Wars Rebels, voiced by Frank Oz.
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers confirms and discusses her appearance in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Watch the Disney XD Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer featurette.
- Mark Hamill talks about drone precautions on the set of The Force Awakens.
- See high res versions of The Force Awakens trading cards.
- The speed of The Force Awakens TIE Fighters is explored.
Read More »
I have to say, this is a particularly good edition of Star Wars Bits. Dare I say, it’s a must read. Let’s get right to it. Below, read about the following:
- Watch how Ben Burtt created the sound for the Millennium Falcon hyperdrive failure.
- Star Wars Rebels Season 2 will debut at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim.
- Sunday afternoon, Disney XD will air a video revealing new secrets of The Force Awakens trailer.
- A Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser poster could be coming next week.
- And while you wait, see some really awesome new Force Awakens fan art.
- Disney’s ride Star Tours: The Adventures Continue could get A Force Awakens upgrade.
- An interesting piece of speculation about Luke Skywalker’s purpose in The Force Awakens.
- Do the Force Awakens Topps card number match with the old Topps Star Wars cards?
- What do the Star Wars: The Force Awakens names actually mean?
Read More »
The Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer had everyone talking about the new baddie (and possible Sith lord) Kylo Ren’s lightsaber which featured a laser sword cross-guard. Some have argued about the practicalness of this new design, but most people think its cool regardless. And now we learn another radically different unconventional lightsaber design is about to be revealed in the Star Wars universe, but not on the big screen.
The unconventional new lightsaber design will debut on Disney XD’s animated series Star Wars Rebels. And no, I’m not talking about The Inquisitor’s double-bladed spinning lightsaber which premiered earlier in the season — I’m talking about an all new design we have yet to see. For those who don’t want to wait, check out the concept art after the jump along with all of the details on the new Star Wars Rebels lightsaber.
Read More »