Just when you thought we’d met all of the major characters in Star Wars Rebels, there’s another bad guy to introduce. His name is Agent Kallus and he’s voiced by David Oyelowo. Kallus is described as a “Rebel Hunter,” a member of an internal group whose only purpose is to find and exterminate enemies of the Empire. Which basically means Rebels, like our stars. And some Jedi as well, I’d imagine.
Below, check out a full video introduction of the character. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Rumors, confirmations, Rebels and more are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. After the jump, read about the following:
- A new rumor connects Doctor Who and Sherlock showrunner Steven Moffat to Star Wars.
- Andy Serkis hasn’t started shooting his Star Wars Episode VII role yet.
- Watch some viral “leaked Star Wars Episode VII” footage.
- Original Star Wars sculptor Brian Muir is working on Episode VII.
- Watch an hour long, pre-Star Wars interview with George Lucas.
- Read some potential spoilers about the first two episodes of Star Wars Rebels.
- John Boyega reflects on the job he’s currently doing.
- Has The Inquisitor‘s custom TIE Fighter been revealed?
- Gizmodo report on the worst Star Wars exhibit ever.
Read More »
For the past few years, Marvel has ruled Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con. Their panels have consistently had the most surprises, the most news, and the most new footage. At the end of the weekend, they’re what everyone’s usually talking about. Then 2013 happened.
Marvel once again had a strong panel, but a few hours earlier, Warner Bros. had the biggest, most awesome news by far. They announced a sequel to Man of Steel would feature Batman. Fast forward a year and we now know a lot more about the film, titled Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. What we don’t know is what Warner Bros. has planned next for their DC properties. The subtitle “Dawn of Justice” is a not-so-subtle hint that Justice League is coming, and the rumor was Comic-Con is where an announcement of that film would happen. Plus, we heard more movies were going to be announced too.
But, maybe not. An early glimpse at the Warner Bros. Hall H panel taking place Saturday July 26 has been revealed. Peter Jackson will present The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, George Miller will bring Mad Max: Fury Road, and the Wachowskis will bring Jupiter Ascending. However, there is no mention of Batman v Superman or anything DC Comics related. Does that mean it won’t be there? No, it could be a surprise, but it’s not a good sign.
Also of note, the official Star Wars website revealed Star Wars Episode VII won’t be represented at the event, but Star Wars Rebels will be.
Read more about the Star Wars Episode VII and Batman v Superman Comic Con omissions below. Read More »
Considering the long casting process J.J. Abrams and crew went through for Star Wars Episode VII, it’s surprising some missed one simple way to get in the movie: nepotism. The latest rumor surrounding the film is that Billie Lourd, the daughter of Carrie Fisher, has been cast in the movie. A second rumor on top of that says that she’s playing either Leia’s daughter or, oddly, a younger version of Leia herself. We’ll explore both Billie Lourd Star Wars rumors below. Read More »
Some very intriguing, potentially revealing Star Wars Episode VII rumors have just surfaced about the plot and character. Read about those, and a bunch of other cool stuff, in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- The Lucas Cultural Arts Museum will be built in Chicago.
- A general plot overview of Star Wars Episode VII may have been revealed.
- New rumors about John Boyega and Daisy Ridley‘s roles in Episode VII have surfaced.
- Are there a lot more roles to be cast in Episode VII?
- Watch Andy Serkis talk about the secrecy surrounding Episode VII.
- Home of Star Wars Episode VII, Pinewood Studios is set to expand.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi appears in a new teaser for Star Wars Rebels.
- Check out a cool new fan made poster for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Wil Wheaton poked fun at J.J. Abrams‘ dual allegiance to Star Trek and Star Wars.
- See an amazing Star Wars exclusive available at San Diego Comic-Con.
Note: The plot and character stuff is whited out for anyone scared of spoilers. Feel free to proceed. Read More »
UPDATE: Long running Star Wars site TheForce.net says this rumor is unequivocally, 100% false. However, they don’t cite a source. We’ve left the original story below.
This might be total BS. We’re going to be honest about that. But reading this new information was interesting and fun, and even if it may not be true, why deny you the same joy? Let the Star Wars speculation continue!
As you all know by now, we know nothing of the plot to Star Wars Episode VII. We know the original characters are back, thirty years have passed, and some younger actors play new characters. That’s it. We can safely assume there will be Jedi, but there’s no real pulse on the bad guys. You see, at the end of Return of the Jedi, Luke Skywalker defeated the Sith, returning balance to the Force. However, characters revealed in other canon stories (mainly Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels) could potentially still be around. We simply don’t know.
Now, a new article has some exciting speculation on the topic, with at least a potential hint of truth. The team at Making Star Wars have some info they believe to be from actual Star Wars insiders on who and what the Star Wars 7 villains are. More over, they may also have an idea of how those villains figure into the entire sequel trilogy.
Suffice to say, if any of this is true, this information contains both minor and major spoilers. We’ll differentiate after the jump. Read More »
Lots of cool stuff in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Lots of Episode VII, of course, but also some cool Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher quotes, new merchandise and even a George Lucas cameo. Below, read about the following.
- Paparazzi spotted an interesting trio of Star Wars Episode VII principals on the street.
- George Lucas doesn’t seem worried about the leaked set photos.
- Check out the first Star Wars Hot Wheels toy.
- Watch a full, 45 minute interview with Mark Hamill at Star Wars Weekends at Disney World.
- Billy Dee Williams confirms he has contributed to Star Wars Rebels.
- Watch a new video about the Lucas Cultural Arts Museum.
- Potential details of multiple Star Wars Episode VII sets are revealed.
- See John Boyega in the Star Wars makeup chair.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Lots of big Star Wars info over the last few days: casting, set photos, but always bits, there are. Below read about the following:
- Fiction published in the Star Wars Insider Magazine in now canon.
- Star Wars Episode VII is done in Abu Dhabi, heads to London.
- For the first time, Adam Driver talks about being cast in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Read Ezra’s journal from Star Wars Rebels.
- Star Wars Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni will host a Star Wars panel at Apple’s World Wide Developer’s Conference.
- Some new Star Wars Rebels nuggets were revealed at a recent talk.
- Check out the trailer for the new book The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight.
- Watch the Stars of the Saga panel from Disney’s Star Wars Weekend with Jeremy Bulloch and Warwick Davis.
Read More »