Update from Editor Peter Sciretta: Disney has released the third short film in its entirety online. The new Star Wars Rebels short film “Entanglement” follows Zeb, who “fails to meet with Kanan at a specified rendezvous point and instead finds himself joyfully battling many, many stormtroopers.” Watch the Star Wars Rebels Zeb short film now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Today in Star Wars Bits, we take a look at:
- Lucasfilm Story Group’s Pablo Hidalgo clarifies his Comic Con “no flashbacks” comment.
- Were all the recent Episode 7 rumors fake and actually passed off from the Dark Horse comic book series Star Wars: Legacy?
- Star Wars spin-off director Gareth Edwards accepts the Ice Bucket Challenge in the LucasFilm Yoda fountain.
- Harrison Ford more active after leg injury
- Read the rumored plot synopsis for Christie Golden‘s upcoming Star Wars novel featuring Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos
- The special features included in the Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion DVD/Blu-ray
- The trailer and release of the Star Wars: Commander iOS game.
- Also: The above three posters were fan created, by AndrewSS7.
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Disney and Lucasfilm are working to create a new Star Wars trilogy, a few stand-alone films, a new animated television series following the origins of the Rebellion, plus books, games and even theme park attractions. And from what we’ve heard, the plan is for all of them to interconnect and cross over among one another in ways we’ve never seen in the history of storytelling. Learn more about the future of Star Wars long-form interconnected storytelling, after the jump.
Read More »
Above you can see two pieces of concept art for Yoda, designed during the development of Empire Strikes Back. Its almost impossible to imagine Yoda as a blue gnome creature with pointy toes, but that was George Lucas’ initial conception of the wise old master Jedi. I’m always fascinated by these kind of “what ifs.”
What might have been if one little decision was different than what we have come to know and expect. Its hard not to imagine Yoda as a fragile little green creature with pointy ears, just as much as its hard to imagine Yoda with a different voice than the one puppeteer Frank Oz provided for the character — but even that was not the original plan.
Read More »
UPDATE: Disney has officially announced that Star Wars Rebels will premiere on Disney Channel October 3 and the full series will start October 13 on Disney XD. Original article follows, full press release after the jump.
One of the biggest mysteries regarding the new Disney cartoon Star Wars Rebels hasn’t had anything to do with Jedi, Sith, or new characters. We’ve just been wondering when we’d get to see it. At Comic-Con, the news was quietly leaked that the first episode (for which you can watch our full review here) will premiere in October 2014. Lucasfilm and Disney have not settled on a specific Star Wars Rebels release date just yet, but will do so in the new few weeks. That premiere will be in October, on the Disney Channel, before moving to its regular spot on Disney XD. Below, read more about Star Wars Rebels and watch a few new clips. Read More »
Last week saw a motherload of Star Wars rumors, spoilers and discussion hitting the internet. Things have cooled down considerably over the weekend, but there’s still lots going on. Below, read about the following.
- Are the Star Wars board games affected by Star Wars Episode VII?
- The same old rumor of the original Star Wars Trilogy coming to Blu-ray is back.
- Check out a fan rendering of a Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper and some new rumors.
- Read an interview with Adam Driver about starring in Episode VII, his schedule and Harrison Ford‘s injuries.
- A new photo of Tatooine from Star Wars Episode VII has leaked, as well as photos inside the Millennium Falcon.
- Read a possible description of a Daisy Ridley outfit in the film.
- See the cover for the Star Wars Rebels mini-movie, Spark of Rebellion, and watch a new Chopper video.
- John Boyega meets Samuel L. Jackson, Jackson calls him a Jedi.
- See a bunch of new creatures and ships from Star Wars Rebels.
- Watch the panel for the book Star Wars: A New Dawn.
- More Star Wars Episode VII rumors including the Luke Skywalker timeline.
Read More »
Last Week, Disney XD released the first Star Wars Rebels short film “Ghost in the Machine” which focused on the animated series’ new astromech droid Chopper. This week Disney has released another Star Wars Rebels short film titled “Art Attack” which focuses on Sabine Wren, the Mandalorian Human female weapons expert who is part of the new series.
In “Art Attack,” a special Star Wars Rebels short, Sabine sneaks into an Imperial compound, looking to create a diversion for her friends aboard the Ghost. Spotted by stormtroopers, she proves too quick to be captured – and leaves behind an explosive surprise.
Watch the Star Wars Rebels Art Attack short film embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Rumors surrounding the villains of Star Wars Episode VII have been running rampant since before the cast was announced. Could Han Solo and Princess Leia’s kid become a Sith, much like in the Expanded Universe? Would Luke Skywalker himself turn to the dark side? When the cast was announced, we examined the photo trying to guess who the bad guy would be. Oscar Isaac? Adam Driver? We don’t know.
And honestly, we still don’t know for sure. But proven Star Wars scooper Latino Review has dropped a bomb of potential information about the Star Wars 7 villains. It’s a massive spoiler, that builds into a few other even bigger spoilers in regards to the plot, so beware. Read More »