Lucasfilm has just revealed the first human character from their upcoming Disney XD animated show, Star Wars Rebels. That also makes him the first Jedi revealed in the whole new, Disney owned Star Wars Universe. His name is Kanan, and he’s described as a “Cowboy Jedi.” Freddie Prinze Jr. provides the voice. Check out a reveal video below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The Walt Disney Company released their 2013 Shareholder letter on Tuesday and, in it, CEO Bob Iger talked about the latest in the world of Star Wars. In regards to Star Wars Episode VII, he said they’re very excited about the story and “should be releasing more information as production moves forward in the coming year.” Which, if we’re being honest, doesn’t sound particularly encouraging.
Much more encouraging is the big news about Star Wars Rebels. In addition to the Disney XD show, Iger said there’s a movie and several shorts coming to the Disney Channel this summer. Read his quotes below. Read More »
I have a recommendation for all you Star Wars fans out there. As you patiently wait for news of new movies, fill the time by looking at the awesome way Disney and Lucasfilm are promoting the upcoming cartoon series Star Wars Rebels. For the past few months, slivers of information have been continually released about the project, each giving fans just enough to enjoy and digest without spoiling anything big.
We know the identity of the villain, we know a new droid, we’ve seen concept art and much more. Now, six images promoting Imperial propaganda have been released, each showing ways the Empire is recruiting people to their cause between the events of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. Check them out below. Read More »
February 2014 is here and we still don’t have official news on Star Wars Episode VII. What we do have is Star Wars Bits, lots of tiny pieces of news to tide us over before the big stuff hits. In this edition read about the following:
- Zac Efron confirmed he did take a meeting about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Billy Dee Williams talks about the Star Wars legacy, and whether he’d come back for a new one.
- Check out great images of the Star Wars Rebels Lego sets.
- A rumor has begun to swirl that the Star Wars spinoff films will be delayed.
- Check out a list of upcoming Star Wars Rebels books.
- Star Wars Angry Birds II is getting a “Carbonite” update this week.
- Legendary effects man Phil Tippett isn’t sure if he’ll work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Mark Hamill looks and sounds fit in a new promo for a charity contest.
Read More »
We’ve got Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars Episode VII and super secrecy in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Chopper, a new droid from Star Wars Rebels, has been revealed.
- Dave Filoni talks setting, connections and visuals of Star Wars Rebels.
- J.J. Abrams‘ office gets completely covered in black when he’s writing Star Wars Episode VII.
- Abrams also thinks there will be “compromise” between keeping secrets and revealing stuff to fans.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Mark Hamill still won’t confirm his Star Wars Episode VII casting, but he doesn’t have to because Carrie Fisher has already done it for him. Also after the jump:
- Judi Dench is the latest actor hit with Episode VII rumors
- The Boba Fett spinoff may change a few things from Episode II
- Animation on the first episode of Star Wars Rebels is complete
- Disney doesn’t have the Star Wars 1313 trademark anymore
- Here’s how to win a trip Skywalker Ranch and help Make-A-Wish
Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
No, the header image isn’t from an impending Star Wars-Disney crossover — it’s just a fun bit of fan art. You can see the full image, plus the artist’s takes on Darth Vader and Princess Leia, after the jump. Also:
- Clone Wars‘ Darth Maul will get a proper sendoff — in comics.
- Are these the “top 10 Star Wars moments of 2013″?
- Watch a short film by a pre-Star Wars George Lucas.
- Peter Mayhew has a bunch of awesome old set photos.
- See baddies in action in a new Star Wars Rebels still.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Always two, there were: the Star Wars film canon and the Expanded Universe canon. It seems however, under the new Disney regime, everything moving forward will fall under the same umbrella. Read about that development, and everything below, in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Two Star Wars Rebels character names have been revealed via Lego sets.
- George Lucas might have considered Tupac Shakur for Mace Windu in Star Wars Episode I.
- Katee Sackhoff campaigns to be a part of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Your digital Dark Horse Star Wars comics are safe.
- 3D Systems bought Star Wars licensee Gentle Giant.
- See six beautiful Star Wars posters by artist Nicolas Alejandro.
Read More »