September is here, which means next month your first look at the new Star Wars universe arrives. Star Wars Rebels premieres on Disney Channel October 3 before assuming its regular slot October 13 on Disney XD. Yes, the show – which is set between Episodes III and IV – is mostly aimed at kids, but it also sets up a lot of what we can expect from Star Wars in the days, months and years ahead.
What I mean is, Rebels – and likely the upcoming movies – will explore tangents fans may have thought about, but never got to see. For an example, see the latest Star Wars Rebels short, called Not What You Think. The three minute film stars Ezra Bridger, the “hero” of Rebels, as he investigates a TIE Fighter that’s been shot down. In other Star Wars properties, when a TIE Fighter was shot down, that was it. But here we see the aftermath, and get a great sense not only of Ezra as a character, but the tone of Star Wars Rebels itself. Check it out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Want more Star Wars Bits? We’ve got more Star Wars Bits. It starts with some big time Star Wars Rebels updates and ends with some potentially massive Episode VII spoilers. (Don’t worry, they’re well hidden.) Below, read about the following:
- Watch three new commercials from Star Wars Rebels.
- Here are the top 10 fights in Star Wars, according to Lucasfilm.
- Read Dave Filoni‘s foreword to Star Wars: A New Dawn.
- The titles of the first episodes of Star Wars Rebels has been revealed.
- J.J. Abrams talks Apollo 11 from the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Latino Review drops some potentially major Episode VII spoilers.
Read More »
The Force is strong with the stars of Episode VII as the film has once again begun shooting, but that’s not all that’s happening in the world of Star Wars. Below, read about the following:
- Star Wars Episode VII has begun filming once again.
- Is Gareth Edwards and Gary Whitta‘s Spin-Off Movie about Yoda?
- Possible confirmation of that Episode VII Stormtrooper helmet.
- Watch a video of the Star Wars Rebels timeline.
- Executives hint that Star Wars characters are coming to Disney Infinity.
- Dave Filoni discusses the use of music and creation of character in Star Wars Rebels.
- Get a sneak peak at the Jakks Pacific toys for Star Wars Rebels.
Read More »
Update from Editor Peter Sciretta: Disney has released the third short film in its entirety online. The new Star Wars Rebels short film “Entanglement” follows Zeb, who “fails to meet with Kanan at a specified rendezvous point and instead finds himself joyfully battling many, many stormtroopers.” Watch the Star Wars Rebels Zeb short film now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Today in Star Wars Bits, we take a look at:
- Lucasfilm Story Group’s Pablo Hidalgo clarifies his Comic Con “no flashbacks” comment.
- Were all the recent Episode 7 rumors fake and actually passed off from the Dark Horse comic book series Star Wars: Legacy?
- Star Wars spin-off director Gareth Edwards accepts the Ice Bucket Challenge in the LucasFilm Yoda fountain.
- Harrison Ford more active after leg injury
- Read the rumored plot synopsis for Christie Golden‘s upcoming Star Wars novel featuring Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos
- The special features included in the Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion DVD/Blu-ray
- The trailer and release of the Star Wars: Commander iOS game.
- Also: The above three posters were fan created, by AndrewSS7.
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Disney and Lucasfilm are working to create a new Star Wars trilogy, a few stand-alone films, a new animated television series following the origins of the Rebellion, plus books, games and even theme park attractions. And from what we’ve heard, the plan is for all of them to interconnect and cross over among one another in ways we’ve never seen in the history of storytelling. Learn more about the future of Star Wars long-form interconnected storytelling, after the jump.
Read More »
Above you can see two pieces of concept art for Yoda, designed during the development of Empire Strikes Back. Its almost impossible to imagine Yoda as a blue gnome creature with pointy toes, but that was George Lucas’ initial conception of the wise old master Jedi. I’m always fascinated by these kind of “what ifs.”
What might have been if one little decision was different than what we have come to know and expect. Its hard not to imagine Yoda as a fragile little green creature with pointy ears, just as much as its hard to imagine Yoda with a different voice than the one puppeteer Frank Oz provided for the character — but even that was not the original plan.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
UPDATE: Disney has officially announced that Star Wars Rebels will premiere on Disney Channel October 3 and the full series will start October 13 on Disney XD. Original article follows, full press release after the jump.
One of the biggest mysteries regarding the new Disney cartoon Star Wars Rebels hasn’t had anything to do with Jedi, Sith, or new characters. We’ve just been wondering when we’d get to see it. At Comic-Con, the news was quietly leaked that the first episode (for which you can watch our full review here) will premiere in October 2014. Lucasfilm and Disney have not settled on a specific Star Wars Rebels release date just yet, but will do so in the new few weeks. That premiere will be in October, on the Disney Channel, before moving to its regular spot on Disney XD. Below, read more about Star Wars Rebels and watch a few new clips. Read More »