Okay, so I know we might be in Star Wars news overload right now with Entertainment Weekly yesterday releasing new Force Awakens photos, details on the film’s villain Kylo Ren, details on why JJ Abrams wanted to direct Episode 7 and talk of mapping out the new Star Wars trilogy of films. But the Star Wars bits must march on. Here is what you can find it today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Details about the upcoming Star Wars: Rise of the Empire anthology of novels, which includes three new short stories.
- Star Wars: Rogue One is set to shoot on location at Pymmes Park, Edmonton, London
- Star Wars: Art Awakens competition and art show announced for November at Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles.
- Rumors that a new Star Wars ride could be coming to Tomorrowland in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.
- ILM shows off their Star Wars virtual Reality experience at Siggraph.
- How we will be handling coverage of Star Wars toys in the future.
- Watch an official Disney unboxing of the Star Wars Disney Infinity starter box.
- Hotel Reservations for Star Wars Celebration Europe.
- And a first look at the first piece, a mini metal prints from Gallery1988’s Star Wars: Art Awakens and artists Mark Englert and DKNG.
All that and more, in today’s Star Wars Bits!
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- The real reason director Josh Trank is no longer directing the Boba Fett Star Wars Anthology movie?
- See the first photos from the set of Star Wars: Rogue One.
- See the exclusive Star Wars merchandise that will be available at D23 Expo 2015 this week. It includes some new Star Wars: The Force Awakens pins, shirts and sweatshirts.
- Find out where you can get the awesome Star Wars emojis on your phone.
- Star Wars Steelbooks are now available for pre-order.
- A Star Wars Battlefront Developer Diary video gives us a better look at Fighter Squadron Mode and a new planet that was brought to life in the game.
- EA answers Battlefront questions on Twitter
- The first Star Wars: The Force Awakens toy has been sold prematurely.
- Learn more about what to expect on Force Friday: see the covers for the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Monopoly and Battleship board games and get a first look at BB-8 and Kylo Ren watches.
All this and more, in today’s Star Wars Bits.
Read More »
It’s not impossible. I used to bullseye Star Wars Bits in my T-16 back home, they’re not much bigger than two meters. Here’s what we’ve got in this edition of news from a galaxy far, far away:
- Aaron Paul is (again) rumored for a future Star Wars role,
- R2-D2 Builders Club members are already working on Rogue One,
- A rumored Rogue One casting call surfaces,
- Sneak preview of Star Wars comic #7 with Obi-Wan Kenobi,
- Hot Toys unveils one-sixth scale Millennium Falcon cockpit,
- Star Wars Rebels Season One will be available in the UK,
- Sideshow Collectibles unveils new Ralph McQuarrie Boba Fett statue,
- Battlefront short story coming in October,
- Dice Games was scared of Star Wars Battlefront,
- New image of Sabine in Star Wars Rebels,
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars packs release date,
- and a new Star Wars Aftermath description
Read More »
I want to learn the ways of the Star Wars Bits and become a Jedi Knight like my father. Here’s what we have in today’s round up of news from a galaxy far, far away
- Release date for Star Wars Rebels Season One on Blu-Ray and DVD
- The Force Awakens novelization author talks adapting the movie
- Dave Filoni on Sabine’s new look in Star Wars Rebels
- You choose the next Star Wars Black Series figure!
- The Force Awakens promo banner appears with First Order Stormtrooper
- Rumors of The Force Awakens locations being reused for Episode VIII
- Lucasfilm clarifies chronology of The Clone Wars Legacy conent
- Star Wars Battlefront puts a focus on multiplayer gameplay
- Rumors on who Rey’s parents may or may not be
Read More »
The odds of successfully surviving Star Wars Bits is approximately 3,720 to 1. Here’s the lowdown on all the Star Wars goodies you can find out about after the jump:
- Go behind the scenes of Star Wars Rebels second season premiere
- Is Ben Mendelsohn in Star Wars: Rogue One or not?
- Ewan McGregor bashes Kylo Ren, wants to return as Obi-Wan
- Phantom Menace star Jake Lloyd arrested
- Greg Grunberg hypes up Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Lando Calrissian comic book hits shelves in July
- Disney Infinity 3.0 retail exclusive details
- Sketches of Han Solo, Poe Dameron and Finn from Vanity Fair
- How much will The Force Awakens make at the box office?
- Star Wars Insider sparks debate about Luke in The Force Awakens
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
These Star Wars Bits are now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest you use them. Here’s what you can expect from this round of Star Wars updates:
- Simon Kinberg talks Darth Vader on Star Wars Rebels
- See the Star Wars LEGO Dagobah Comic-Con exclusive set
- Mark Wahlberg probably won’t see Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- JAKKS Pacific Boba Fett parade-inspired action figure
- Second teaser for Episode VII sets a Guinness World Record
- Mark Hamill growing his Jedi beard again
- Original Star Wars screens theatrically in China for the first time
- William Shakespeare’s Revenge of the Sith cover art revealed
- New The Force Awakens promo image with Finn, Chewie and more
- Ken Leung may have small role in The Force Awakens
- Jon Favreau likely not directing any Star Wars movies
- LEGO BB-8 is as adorable as you think
Read More »
Many forms of media are present in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Vinyl, video games, television, movies, comic books and so much more. Below, read about the following:
- John Williams‘ score for Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace is now on vinyl.
- Photos of Princess Leia in Star Wars: The Force Awakens leak.
- See the Boba Fett Disney Infinity 3.0 figure and a new E3 trailer.
- Visceral Games continues to tease a new Star Wars game.
- Watch a new clip from Star Wars Rebels season 2.
- See a variant cover for the comic Star Wars: Shattered Empire #1.
- Watch a conversation with Frank Oz from Disney’s Star Wars Weekends.
- Gawker Media offers to buy the script for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Mark Hamill‘s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens is questioned.
- What Force Awakens ship could also appear in Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One?
- How does Finn fit in between the Resistance and First Order?
Read More »
Reading Star Wars Bits ain’t like dusting crops, boy. Here’s what we have from a galaxy far, far away today:
- The Force Awakens production designer at San Diego Comic-Con
- Behind the Scenes of the Star Wars Weekends creative campaign
- Details and cover art from deluxe edition of Star Wars Battlefront
- Details on some tracks from The Force Awakens score
- George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy mourn passing of Christopher Lee
- Weird Al Yankovic records an a capella version of his song Yoda
- Secret Cinema’s Empire Strikes Back event is now open
- Star Wars Rebels characters join Disney Infinity 3.0
- Rumored details on locations, aliens and more in Star Wars: Rogue One
- New shots of Star Wars: The Force Awakens Black Series Stormtrooper
- Industrial Light & Magic working on Star Wars virtual reality experience
Read More »
The premiere of the second season of Star Wars Rebels is just a couple weeks away. We’ve already seen the season premiere thanks to Star Wars Celebration (check out our video blog from afterwards here), but everyone else has been waiting patiently. And now we have a new tease of the second season’s one-hour first episode, The Siege of Lothal.
It looks like Darth Vader is going to play pretty prominently, at least in this first episode, as he’s been dispatched by the Emperor to hunt down our heroes. Watch the Star Wars Rebels second season premiere teaser after the jump! Read More »