A significant addition to Star Wars Rebels and some new analysis of The Force Awakens trailer are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Read about the following:
- Yoda will be on Star Wars Rebels, voiced by Frank Oz.
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers confirms and discusses her appearance in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Watch the Disney XD Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer featurette.
- Mark Hamill talks about drone precautions on the set of The Force Awakens.
- See high res versions of The Force Awakens trading cards.
- The speed of The Force Awakens TIE Fighters is explored.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
I have to say, this is a particularly good edition of Star Wars Bits. Dare I say, it’s a must read. Let’s get right to it. Below, read about the following:
- Watch how Ben Burtt created the sound for the Millennium Falcon hyperdrive failure.
- Star Wars Rebels Season 2 will debut at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim.
- Sunday afternoon, Disney XD will air a video revealing new secrets of The Force Awakens trailer.
- A Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser poster could be coming next week.
- And while you wait, see some really awesome new Force Awakens fan art.
- Disney’s ride Star Tours: The Adventures Continue could get A Force Awakens upgrade.
- An interesting piece of speculation about Luke Skywalker’s purpose in The Force Awakens.
- Do the Force Awakens Topps card number match with the old Topps Star Wars cards?
- What do the Star Wars: The Force Awakens names actually mean?
Read More »
The Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer had everyone talking about the new baddie (and possible Sith lord) Kylo Ren’s lightsaber which featured a laser sword cross-guard. Some have argued about the practicalness of this new design, but most people think its cool regardless. And now we learn another radically different unconventional lightsaber design is about to be revealed in the Star Wars universe, but not on the big screen.
The unconventional new lightsaber design will debut on Disney XD’s animated series Star Wars Rebels. And no, I’m not talking about The Inquisitor’s double-bladed spinning lightsaber which premiered earlier in the season — I’m talking about an all new design we have yet to see. For those who don’t want to wait, check out the concept art after the jump along with all of the details on the new Star Wars Rebels lightsaber.
Read More »
Cool events for The Force Awakens, Episode VIII news and much more in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Oscar-winning production designer Rick Heinrichs has been tapped for Rian Johnson‘s Star Wars Episode VIII.
- Actress Jessica Henwick may appear in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Read about two awesome Force Awakens trailer events in Los Angeles and Austin.
- Star Wars Rebels will marathon on Disney and Disney XD in December.
- See a tease of what’s to come on Star Wars Rebels.
- A full novelization of Star Wars: The Force Awakens is in the works.
- Revenge of the Sith 3D may still be released after The Force Awakens.
- Is it possible there’s more than one trailer for The Force Awakens?
- Check out the pencils for Alex Ross‘s Star Wars Marvel cover.
- What is the biggest challenge for Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
- How does a new character in The Force Awakens move?
Read More »
Another day, another Star Wars scoop here on /Film. This one is from the television side.
Before Star Wars Rebels hit the air, Disney renewed it for a second season. That was a nice vote of confidence in the first piece of Star Wars storytelling created under the new Disney regime. So far, it’s worked out. We’re now about eight episodes in and the tales of Ezra, Kanan, Zeb, Hera and Sabine have a wonderful Star Wars feel while simultaneously adding much to what we know about a galaxy far, far away.
When promoting the show’s launch, no one involved would tell us exactly how Rebels could end, or even guess how long the series might run. Lucasfilm’s previous animated series, The Clone Wars, aired for about five seasons so that seemed like a reasonable guess. But still, there was no clue of just how far these stories set between Episodes III and IV would go.
/Film has now exclusively heard that Lucasfilm not only knows where Rebels will end, the company knows what’s next for the Star Wars animated world.
Read More »
There’s a lot of excitement surrounding Star Wars right now, mostly because of The Force Awakens teaser trailer hitting theaters on Friday (Don’t sleep on the spin-off news either). With that going on, it’s easy forget, for the past few weeks, brand new Star Wars content has been on your TV every single week.
Star Wars Rebels airs a new episode tonight, November 24, before going on a short hiatus for the holiday. If you haven’t kept up with the show here are two important pieces of information. 1. You’re missing out on some awesome, myth building Star Wars action and 2. You can watch the bulk of them, for free, online right now. Read more about the free Star Wars Rebels streaming below. Read More »
Several updates on Celebration, Rebels and Lucasfilm are here along with some awesome rumors about The Force Awakens. Below, read about the following:
- Some new rumors have surfaced about the identity of Lupita Nyong’o‘s character in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and a new location.
- Has one single line leaked from the script of The Force Awakens?
- Read a great article on the crazy security measures surrounding the production of The Force Awakens.
- Lucasfilm is hiring people to work in both physical and digital effects.
- See a limited edition figure of the Christmas special Boba Fett.
- Watch a trailer for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim and read about the art show.
- Who is the mysterious Fulcrum on Star Wars Rebels?
- Star Wars Rebels will go on a holiday break returning in 2015.
- One site breaks down several of the rumors about the ending of The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Teases from The Clone Wars, Rebels, The Force Awakens and Episode VIII are all in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Matthew McConaughey is open to a role in Star Wars, just like he’s open to a role in anything.
- Rian Johnson offered up a fun tease about Star Wars Episode VIII.
- Watch some clips from the next episode of Star Wars Rebels, which may have a Force Awakens Easter Egg.
- Dee Bradley Baker, voice of the Clones on The Clone Wars, has joined Star Wars Rebels.
- A new Star Wars video game might feature Chewbacca.
- Alex Ross did a stunning variant cover to Star Wars: Darth Vader #1.
- See some Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Lost Missions concept art.
- Read about someone who was on the sets of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Check out a timeline of all the Star Wars toys ever released.
Read More »