A new Star Wars trailer for the “lost episodes” of the Clone Wars headlines this jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Watch the trailer for Star Wars: The Clone Wars – The Lost Missions coming soon to Netflix.
- Harrison Ford is rumored to be part of a TV miniseries being shot during the Star Wars Episode VII filming schedule.
- Star Wars merchandise is now being sold in Disney stores in person and online.
- Artist Eric Tan makes his first Star Wars poster.
- The female Star Wars Rebels character toys will debut at San Diego Comic-Con.
- Sign a petition to name a stage at Pinewood Studios after late Return of the Jedi director Richard Marquand.
- The sound mixer for Star Wars Episode VII is excited.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The seventh and final main character of Star Wars Rebels has been revealed. Her name is Hera, voiced by Vanessa Marshall, and she’s the pilot of the show’s primary spaceship, the Ghost. That makes her the de facto leader of the rag-tag band of rebels. In her big reveal video, which you can watch below, you learn about her as well as the dynamic that’ll be the throughline for the entire show. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, February 19th, 2014 by Angie Han
We’ve met a few members of the Ghost crew from Star Wars Rebels already, including Kanan (Freddie Prinze Jr.), the Han Solo-esque “cowboy Jedi”; Ezra (Taylor Gray), the 14-year-old con artist; and Zeb (Steven Blum), the intelligent muscle. But as cool as these guys look, none of ‘em would stand a chance against the Empire without the proper equipment, and that’s where Sabine (voiced by Tiya Sircar) comes in.
According to the newest promo for the Disney XD series, Sabine is a “feisty” weapons expert who loves to blow things up, when she’s not creating graffiti art. She also happens to be a Mandalorian, meaning she’s from the same culture as the beloved Boba Fett. Hit the jump to watch her intro and learn more about her.
Read More »
If Kanan is the “Han Solo” and Ezra is the “Luke,” Zeb is the Chewbacca of Star Wars Rebels.
The team at Lucasfilm has been slowly revealing new characters from the upcoming Disney XD animated series, which will be the first product of the new Disney Star Wars universe. Next up is Zeb, a muscle-bound, but smart and articulate alien ally of the Rebellion who flies in the Ghost with the rest of the crew. Below, check out a video introduction to our first alien – and a new one at that – of the new Star Wars universe. Read More »
With four official characters introduced, the image of Star Wars Rebels is beginning to take shape. The Lucasfilm/Disney animated series will tell Star Wars fans how the rebellion against the Galactic Empire grew from its earliest stages to the strong organization that blew up two Death Stars. In that time between Episodes III and IV, we know there will be an evil Sith named The Inquisitor, a droid named Chopper, a hidden Jedi named Kanan and a poor, street smart kid named Ezra, who Kanan takes under his wing. These characters will be at the center of the show when it premieres this summer on Disney Channel before moving to Disney XD in the Fall.
Today two 30 second promos have come online. These show us the first complete footage we’ve seen from the series. Check them out below. Read More »
The effects of Star Wars Episode VII are being felt everywhere: Industrial Light and Magic, the Internet, the acting community. Read all about that — and a lot about Star Wars Rebels — in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Meet Ezra, a 14-year-old con artist from Star Wars Rebels.
- Two new trailers for Rebels will debut February.
- Industrial Light and Magic opens a London office to work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Lucasfilm relaunches their website.
- See high quality images of the Star Wars Rebels Lego sets as well as the Hasbro version of Kanan…
- … as well as two new not-yet-revealed characters too: Zeb Orrellos and Hera Syndulla.
- Actor Daryl McCormack describes multiple call backs for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Endless Love star Alex Pettyfer confirmed he was contacted about Episode VII.
- Tom Hiddleston was not contacted, however.
- An update on Star Wars Celebration Anaheim.
Read More »
Lucasfilm has just revealed the first human character from their upcoming Disney XD animated show, Star Wars Rebels. That also makes him the first Jedi revealed in the whole new, Disney owned Star Wars Universe. His name is Kanan, and he’s described as a “Cowboy Jedi.” Freddie Prinze Jr. provides the voice. Check out a reveal video below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The Walt Disney Company released their 2013 Shareholder letter on Tuesday and, in it, CEO Bob Iger talked about the latest in the world of Star Wars. In regards to Star Wars Episode VII, he said they’re very excited about the story and “should be releasing more information as production moves forward in the coming year.” Which, if we’re being honest, doesn’t sound particularly encouraging.
Much more encouraging is the big news about Star Wars Rebels. In addition to the Disney XD show, Iger said there’s a movie and several shorts coming to the Disney Channel this summer. Read his quotes below. Read More »