Darth Vader is on the trail of Kanan, Ezra, Hera, Sabine and Zeb in the season 2 premiere of Star Wars Rebels. The hour-long episode won’t be on Disney XD until this summer, but a few hundred lucky fans at Star Wars Celebration were treated to an early sneak peak.
/Film was on hand and recorded a video blog immediately after the screening to talk about the Rebels Season 2 premiere. We do touch on a few minor spoilers so beware, but it’s not a spoiler to say the episode is an amazing piece of television. A story that absolutely could very easily be a Star Wars movie.
Watch our Star Wars Rebels Season 2 premiere video blog below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The Rebels are taking over Star Wars Celebration Saturday with a panel and world premiere of the first two episodes of the second season, which premieres later this year. To kick things off, they dropped a season 2 trailer, which you can see below.
We’ll have more on Star Wars Rebels in the coming days, including news from the panel, reactions to the premiere and an interview with Dave Filoni. For now, feast your eyes on the Rebels Season 2 trailer which features the return of Captain Rex, Darth Vader fighting our Jedi, A-Wings, B-Wings and more. There’s also a new poster and images. Read More »
This is a can’t miss edition of Star Wars Bits with info ranging from The Force Awakens and Rogue One, to Rebels, the books and Celebration. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford has been released from the hospital after his plane crash.
- See an updated Star Wars canon timeline.
- A 50 page preview of Star Wars: Lords of the Sith hits the net.
- A bit of insider information on Star Wars actor contracts.
- See a preview of Marvel’s Kanan: The Last Padawan #1.
- A Star Wars episode of The Big Bang Theory airs this week.
- Watch videos of Anthony Daniels at Emerald City Comic-Con.
- Check out Funko’s Star Wars Celebration exclusives.
- An update on several Rogue One rumors including Aaron Paul.
- Read some potential spoilers on the size of the villain roles in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Star Wars Rebels dominates this edition of Star Wars Bits, but there’s others great stuff in here too. Below, read about the following:
- Concept art from Star Wars Rebels season 2 makes its way online.
- Star Wars Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni talks the finale’s mysteries and revelations.
- See two new toys based on the Star Wars Rebels finale.
- Fans have begun making merchandise for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Ian McDiarmid is coming to Star Wars Celebration and more revelations.
- Her Universe is offering up some cool new Star Wars merch.
- Read a theory about how the Inquisitor fits into Star Wars Rebels past and future.
- Part 3 of Dave Filoni’s interview with StarWars.com is now online.
- A Lego Star Wars Rebels short film features the TIE Advance Prototype.
- Star Wars Battlefront gameplay footage could be coming soon.
- Clone Wars voice star Sam Witwer could be returning to Rebels.
- Watch a video with five Star Wars Stand Alone films that should happen.
- Possible spoilers about Princess Leia‘s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens are revealed.
Read More »
Disney has announced that Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy The Vampire Slayer) is joining the voice cast of Star Wars Rebels. Gellar will be joining her husband Freddie Prinze Jr. for the second season of the Disney XD animated series. No word on what Gellar’s role may be in the show, but we do know that its a recurring role and not a guest appearance. Hit the jump to read the full Sarah Michelle Gellar Star Wars Rebels press release.
(Note that a spoiler for the first season finale of Star Wars Rebels is in the last two paragraphs of the release.)
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The first season of Star Wars Rebels is now in the books. The Star Wars history books, that is. Rebels was the first new piece of Star Wars content created after Disney bought the company in 2012. That in itself is pretty significant. Beyond that, the show was the first piece of official canon story linking what happened between the Original Trilogy and the Prequel Trilogy.
I know what you’re thinking. “Weren’t there numerous books and comics that told stories in that time frame?” Yes, but those never counted. Plus, but when Disney took over they wiped the Star Wars canon clean. The only things that officially happened in the new Star Wars canon are the six movies, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels. Any new content they release – books, comics, movies, etc. will all become official parts of the story, too.
So what does that mean? It means that what happened over the course of Star Wars Rebels season one matters. A lot. The actions of the characters and events that unfolded all have a real bearing on Star Wars as a whole. Those events have changed Star Wars history in some minor, and even some major ways. Ideally, you’d just watch all the episodes and see what I mean for yourself. Another option is to continue reading and find out how the Star Wars Rebels canon additions changed Star Wars history forever. Read More »
A fascinating answer to one of Star Wars Rebels‘ biggest questions headlines this latest edition of Star Wars Bits. In addition, below you can read about the following:
- Billy Dee Williams might appear in Star Wars Episode VIII.
- Iko Uwais has a “significant” role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The rumor of a character name in The Force Awakens once again pops up.
- Rumored titles of books tied to The Force Awakens have been revealed as well as the release plans.
- Read a new excerpt to Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi.
- Watch a clip from the Star Wars Rebels finale.
- Dave Filoni breaks down season one of Star Wars Rebels and answers the big question, do Kanan and Ezra have to die?
Read More »
This edition of Star Wars Bits jumps all over the timeline. Below, read about the following:
- Own the first ever autographed cast photo for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Oscar Isaac says he’s “in the dark” about Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Dave Filoni offers a fascinating look at the development of Star Wars Rebels
- See some images from a new Star Wars poster book.
- Read an excerpt from Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi.
- What locations does the Millennium Falcon show up at in The Force Awakens?
- A fascinating, new rumor has surfaced about Luke Skywalker‘s role in The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Darth Vader’s appearance may be the headline when it comes to Monday’s Star Wars Rebels season one finale, but there’s lots more going on. A daring rescue, menacing Star Destroyers, three way lightsaber battles, and pimped-out Tie Fighters — things are about to get big. A trailer for the episode, which is called Fire Across the Galaxy, has just come online and it’s really fantastic. Good enough that we decided to highlight it on its own instead of in Star Wars Bits.
Below, watch the awesome season one Star Wars Rebels finale trailer. Read More »