“Secrecy” is the word of the day in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, find out how two different stars are handling it, and learn hints of several things shrouded in secrecy, as well as the following:
- The animated series Star Wars Detours might come out later this year.
- The Star Wars Rebels finale is a “home run.”
- Domhnall Gleeson talks Star Wars: The Force Awakens secrecy.
- The cast of Girls has tried to make Adam Driver spill Force Awakens secrets.
- Read the first few pages of Marvel’s Star Wars #1.
- So, exactly how do you pronounce “Poe Dameron?”
- See an official, Japanese Star Wars banner.
- “Tri-Wing Fighter” concept art from The Force Awakens described.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Hello, what have we here? Yes, everyone’s favorite Death Star destroyer and former owner of the Millennium Falcon, Lando Calrissian, will return to the Star Wars universe next week. Billy Dee Williams will voice Lando Calrissian on the January 19 episode of Star Wars Rebels called Idiot’s Array. Below, see photos and read more about how the Billy Dee Williams Star Wars Rebels cameo.
UPDATE: See a video of Williams voicing the character and several scenes from the episode. Read More »
There are two cool pieces of Star Wars news for you on this last Monday of 2014. First up, Disney CEO Bob Iger appeared on the cover of Fortune Magazine with his $4 billion dollar co-star, the Millennium Falcon. Then, inside, there’s a very cool new look at the Falcon from the ground level. The two constitute our first close-up images of the “fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy” from the 2015 sequel. We have the images below.
Second, Star Wars Rebels will return next week and as previously reported, Frank Oz will reprise his role as Yoda. The clip is now online and you can watch it below. Read More »
A significant addition to Star Wars Rebels and some new analysis of The Force Awakens trailer are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Read about the following:
- Yoda will be on Star Wars Rebels, voiced by Frank Oz.
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers confirms and discusses her appearance in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Watch the Disney XD Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer featurette.
- Mark Hamill talks about drone precautions on the set of The Force Awakens.
- See high res versions of The Force Awakens trading cards.
- The speed of The Force Awakens TIE Fighters is explored.
Read More »
I have to say, this is a particularly good edition of Star Wars Bits. Dare I say, it’s a must read. Let’s get right to it. Below, read about the following:
- Watch how Ben Burtt created the sound for the Millennium Falcon hyperdrive failure.
- Star Wars Rebels Season 2 will debut at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim.
- Sunday afternoon, Disney XD will air a video revealing new secrets of The Force Awakens trailer.
- A Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser poster could be coming next week.
- And while you wait, see some really awesome new Force Awakens fan art.
- Disney’s ride Star Tours: The Adventures Continue could get A Force Awakens upgrade.
- An interesting piece of speculation about Luke Skywalker’s purpose in The Force Awakens.
- Do the Force Awakens Topps card number match with the old Topps Star Wars cards?
- What do the Star Wars: The Force Awakens names actually mean?
Read More »
The Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer had everyone talking about the new baddie (and possible Sith lord) Kylo Ren’s lightsaber which featured a laser sword cross-guard. Some have argued about the practicalness of this new design, but most people think its cool regardless. And now we learn another radically different unconventional lightsaber design is about to be revealed in the Star Wars universe, but not on the big screen.
The unconventional new lightsaber design will debut on Disney XD’s animated series Star Wars Rebels. And no, I’m not talking about The Inquisitor’s double-bladed spinning lightsaber which premiered earlier in the season — I’m talking about an all new design we have yet to see. For those who don’t want to wait, check out the concept art after the jump along with all of the details on the new Star Wars Rebels lightsaber.
Read More »
Cool events for The Force Awakens, Episode VIII news and much more in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Oscar-winning production designer Rick Heinrichs has been tapped for Rian Johnson‘s Star Wars Episode VIII.
- Actress Jessica Henwick may appear in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Read about two awesome Force Awakens trailer events in Los Angeles and Austin.
- Star Wars Rebels will marathon on Disney and Disney XD in December.
- See a tease of what’s to come on Star Wars Rebels.
- A full novelization of Star Wars: The Force Awakens is in the works.
- Revenge of the Sith 3D may still be released after The Force Awakens.
- Is it possible there’s more than one trailer for The Force Awakens?
- Check out the pencils for Alex Ross‘s Star Wars Marvel cover.
- What is the biggest challenge for Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
- How does a new character in The Force Awakens move?
Read More »
Another day, another Star Wars scoop here on /Film. This one is from the television side.
Before Star Wars Rebels hit the air, Disney renewed it for a second season. That was a nice vote of confidence in the first piece of Star Wars storytelling created under the new Disney regime. So far, it’s worked out. We’re now about eight episodes in and the tales of Ezra, Kanan, Zeb, Hera and Sabine have a wonderful Star Wars feel while simultaneously adding much to what we know about a galaxy far, far away.
When promoting the show’s launch, no one involved would tell us exactly how Rebels could end, or even guess how long the series might run. Lucasfilm’s previous animated series, The Clone Wars, aired for about five seasons so that seemed like a reasonable guess. But still, there was no clue of just how far these stories set between Episodes III and IV would go.
/Film has now exclusively heard that Lucasfilm not only knows where Rebels will end, the company knows what’s next for the Star Wars animated world.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: