A week before its television premiere, Disney XD has released a new trailer for Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion, the television movie debut of the new Star Wars Rebels animated series. Watch the new Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion trailer embedded after the jump.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, September 17th, 2014 by Germain Lussier
Some cool, semi-spoilery Episode VII speculation and actual facts are part of this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read the following:
- New details have potentially emerged about some of the new Star Wars Episode VII Storm Troopers.
- Read about the two Star Wars New York Comic-Con panels.
- Listen to the Star Wars Rebels theme performed by a live orchestra.
- A possible explanation of the new Episode VII X-Wing has been revealed.
- How Anthony Daniels see the fate of C-3PO?
- Check out a new teaser for Star Wars: The Old Republic‘s free play.
Posted on Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 by Peter Sciretta
We know that Andy Serkis‘ performance capture studio The Imaginarium is heavily involved in JJ Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII, but we never considered to ask if classic characters like C-3PO would be computer animated or played by a man-in-suit. Well, apparently when JJ Abrams first called Anthony Daniels, he asked the British actor to voice our favorite protocol droid in the new series. As you know, Daniels not only voiced the character but played the droid on screen in a tightly created armored costume in the original trilogy, although the character was heavily CG animated in the prequels. So is C-3PO a performance capture computer animated creation in Episode 7? Find out the full story of the new C-3po Episode 7 suit, after the jump.
Star Wars Bits: First On-Set Footage From Episode VII, Adam Driver in Costume, ‘Rebels,’ Cameo Rumors
Posted on Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 by Germain Lussier
It was an exciting weekend to be a Star Wars fan. If you missed the fun, don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Below, read the following:
- Watch the first footage of actual filming on the set of Star Wars Episode VII featuring John Boyega. (Non-spoiler, too!)
- See potential set photos of Adam Driver and Gwendoline Christie on set in very Star Wars-y outfits. (spoilers hidden)
- Is Endor a location in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Disneyland Paris will gets Star Wars upgrade in the coming years.
- WWE wrestler Sheamus settles that Darth Vader rumor.
- Crazy rumors say Daniel Craig, Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson and Hugh Jackman are in Episode VII.
- Watch two new Star Wars Rebels TV spots.
- Look at Eric Tan‘s amazing Star Wars Trilogy prints and the above Han Solo piece.
Posted on Thursday, September 11th, 2014 by Russ Fischer
The new animated series Star Wars Rebels bridges the gap between Episode III and Episode IV as it charts the rise of the rebellion as the Empire takes hold of the galaxy. That puts it several decades on the timeline before Star Wars Episode VII. Still, we’ve wondered if characters or elements from the new movie might first show up in Rebels. Simon Kinberg, a creative on Rebels and also a writer on one Star Wars spinoff film, now says that Rebels will definitely introduce new characters, locations and elements “before we’ve ever seen them in the movies, possibly including VII.” Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 8th, 2014 by Peter Sciretta
The above Star Wars Episode 7 fan poster was created by hobo95 (see more of his art on deviantart). Here is a look at what we’ll be talking about in today’s edition of Star Wars bits:
- John Boyega tweets a photo tease promising shooting has started on a new planet
- Liam Neeson comments on if he will return as Qui-Gon Jinn in Episode VII
- Tina Fey vows to crush Star Wars Episode 7
- Rumored descriptions for Star Wars Rebels Episodes 3 and 4
- Listen to Vanessa Marshall read an excerpt from Star Wars: A New Dawn
- Marvel declines to answer questions about Star Wars royalties
Hit the jump to read about all this and more.
Posted on Monday, September 1st, 2014 by Germain Lussier
September is here, which means next month your first look at the new Star Wars universe arrives. Star Wars Rebels premieres on Disney Channel October 3 before assuming its regular slot October 13 on Disney XD. Yes, the show – which is set between Episodes III and IV – is mostly aimed at kids, but it also sets up a lot of what we can expect from Star Wars in the days, months and years ahead.
What I mean is, Rebels – and likely the upcoming movies – will explore tangents fans may have thought about, but never got to see. For an example, see the latest Star Wars Rebels short, called Not What You Think. The three minute film stars Ezra Bridger, the “hero” of Rebels, as he investigates a TIE Fighter that’s been shot down. In other Star Wars properties, when a TIE Fighter was shot down, that was it. But here we see the aftermath, and get a great sense not only of Ezra as a character, but the tone of Star Wars Rebels itself. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, August 29th, 2014 by Germain Lussier
Want more Star Wars Bits? We’ve got more Star Wars Bits. It starts with some big time Star Wars Rebels updates and ends with some potentially massive Episode VII spoilers. (Don’t worry, they’re well hidden.) Below, read about the following:
- Watch three new commercials from Star Wars Rebels.
- Here are the top 10 fights in Star Wars, according to Lucasfilm.
- Read Dave Filoni‘s foreword to Star Wars: A New Dawn.
- The titles of the first episodes of Star Wars Rebels has been revealed.
- J.J. Abrams talks Apollo 11 from the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Latino Review drops some potentially major Episode VII spoilers.