WonderCon 2014 brought a bunch of news regarding this fall’s highly anticipated TV show, Star Wars Rebels. Paramount among this is an action-packed new clip released from the show, but also a bunch of excellent new Star Wars Rebels concept art, the news Star Wars: The Clone Wars composer Kevin Kiner will return to score the show, new merchandise and the news Rebels could include characters or influence from the Expanded Universe. Check it all out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Some Episode VII speculation, lots of video game news and the ultimate Star Wars champion are all in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Peter Mayhew comments on potentially coming back for Star Wars Episode VII.
- The creative director of Uncharted is in charge of the a new Star Wars video game.
- Footage from a cancelled Darth Maul video game is now online.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi is the 2014 Star Wars champion.
- One of the latest rumors is Lord of the Rings star Dominic Monaghan could be in Episode VII.
- Check out a new poster for Star Wars Rebels, which may reveal new info next month.
- Watch a blooper reel for Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.
- Artist Craig Drake released three amazing new Star Wars posters, available now.
Read More »
A new Star Wars trailer for the “lost episodes” of the Clone Wars headlines this jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Watch the trailer for Star Wars: The Clone Wars – The Lost Missions coming soon to Netflix.
- Harrison Ford is rumored to be part of a TV miniseries being shot during the Star Wars Episode VII filming schedule.
- Star Wars merchandise is now being sold in Disney stores in person and online.
- Artist Eric Tan makes his first Star Wars poster.
- The female Star Wars Rebels character toys will debut at San Diego Comic-Con.
- Sign a petition to name a stage at Pinewood Studios after late Return of the Jedi director Richard Marquand.
- The sound mixer for Star Wars Episode VII is excited.
Read More »
The seventh and final main character of Star Wars Rebels has been revealed. Her name is Hera, voiced by Vanessa Marshall, and she’s the pilot of the show’s primary spaceship, the Ghost. That makes her the de facto leader of the rag-tag band of rebels. In her big reveal video, which you can watch below, you learn about her as well as the dynamic that’ll be the throughline for the entire show. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, February 19th, 2014 by Angie Han
We’ve met a few members of the Ghost crew from Star Wars Rebels already, including Kanan (Freddie Prinze Jr.), the Han Solo-esque “cowboy Jedi”; Ezra (Taylor Gray), the 14-year-old con artist; and Zeb (Steven Blum), the intelligent muscle. But as cool as these guys look, none of ‘em would stand a chance against the Empire without the proper equipment, and that’s where Sabine (voiced by Tiya Sircar) comes in.
According to the newest promo for the Disney XD series, Sabine is a “feisty” weapons expert who loves to blow things up, when she’s not creating graffiti art. She also happens to be a Mandalorian, meaning she’s from the same culture as the beloved Boba Fett. Hit the jump to watch her intro and learn more about her.
Read More »
If Kanan is the “Han Solo” and Ezra is the “Luke,” Zeb is the Chewbacca of Star Wars Rebels.
The team at Lucasfilm has been slowly revealing new characters from the upcoming Disney XD animated series, which will be the first product of the new Disney Star Wars universe. Next up is Zeb, a muscle-bound, but smart and articulate alien ally of the Rebellion who flies in the Ghost with the rest of the crew. Below, check out a video introduction to our first alien – and a new one at that – of the new Star Wars universe. Read More »
With four official characters introduced, the image of Star Wars Rebels is beginning to take shape. The Lucasfilm/Disney animated series will tell Star Wars fans how the rebellion against the Galactic Empire grew from its earliest stages to the strong organization that blew up two Death Stars. In that time between Episodes III and IV, we know there will be an evil Sith named The Inquisitor, a droid named Chopper, a hidden Jedi named Kanan and a poor, street smart kid named Ezra, who Kanan takes under his wing. These characters will be at the center of the show when it premieres this summer on Disney Channel before moving to Disney XD in the Fall.
Today two 30 second promos have come online. These show us the first complete footage we’ve seen from the series. Check them out below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The effects of Star Wars Episode VII are being felt everywhere: Industrial Light and Magic, the Internet, the acting community. Read all about that — and a lot about Star Wars Rebels — in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Meet Ezra, a 14-year-old con artist from Star Wars Rebels.
- Two new trailers for Rebels will debut February.
- Industrial Light and Magic opens a London office to work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Lucasfilm relaunches their website.
- See high quality images of the Star Wars Rebels Lego sets as well as the Hasbro version of Kanan…
- … as well as two new not-yet-revealed characters too: Zeb Orrellos and Hera Syndulla.
- Actor Daryl McCormack describes multiple call backs for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Endless Love star Alex Pettyfer confirmed he was contacted about Episode VII.
- Tom Hiddleston was not contacted, however.
- An update on Star Wars Celebration Anaheim.
Read More »