In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits we will take a look at:
- A sneak preview of the possible opening crawl for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- JJ Abrams remembers the first time he saw Star Wars.
- Disneyland is casting for performers for Star Wars Launch Bay opening in October or November 2015
- New Star Wars credit cards that will give cardholders exclusive access to Star Wars meet-and-greets in Disney theme parks.
- See two new Star Wars comic book variant covers.
- Japan All Nippon Airways reveals a new plane which will be themed like BB-8 from The Force Awakens.
- The Star Wars: Uprising mobile game will have promotions at PAX Prime.
- Set photos from Star Wars: Rogue One at Cardington, which could be another recreation of an Original Trilogy location.
- Disney Interactive’s announcements from D23 Expo, including Force Awakens Disney Infinity figures and a look at the Battle of Jakku DLC level in Star Wars Battlefront which serves as a Force Awakens prequel.
- Another possible Star Wars Land location for the Disneyland version.
- And the header image is one of the illustrations created by Isaiah Stephens for Zimbio featuring Disney princesses and Star Wars mixed together
All that and more in today’s Star Wars Bits. Hit the jump to get to it.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
There was a ton of Star Wars news coming out of D23 Expo 2015, and if you missed any of that from the Star Wars Anthology films getting new branding, to the Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster by artist Drew Struzen, to the first photo and cast from Star Wars: Rogue One, to the director of Star Wars Episode 9, to Star Wars Lands announced for Disney theme parks, head over to our D23 2015 news roundup. But there is a lot of Star Wars tidbits we missed over the last few days, so lets dive in. Here is what to expect in today’s Star Wars Bits:
- Tom Baker, the fourth Doctor Who, has been cast in a Star Wars project, but which one?
- George Lucas blames a Walt Disney creation for Jar Jar Binks.
- According to JJ Abrams, who is the Ralph McQuarrie of Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
- Which monumental Star Wars set has been recreated for Star Wars: Rogue One? (actually, not much of a spoiler)
- Ralph McQuarrie‘s Influence on Star Wars Land
- Why Star Wars: Battlefront won’t have a single player campaign mode.
- Is Drew Struzan‘s Force Awakens D23 Expo poster the film’s official poster? Will there be another?
All that and more in today’s edition of Star Wars Bits. Hit the jump now.
Read More »
Over the weekend at D23 Expo 2015 in Anaheim, Bob Iger made the huge announcement that Star Wars Land would be coming to Disneyland in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando Florida. The announcement was filled with a bunch of juicy details, but raised just as many questions.
Where will these Star Wars-themed lands be located in the existing theme parks? Is Disneyland’s Toontown set to be demolished? When will both Star Wars Lands open to the public? Will Star Wars Land offer any alcoholic beverages? Lets explore these questions and much more, after the jump.
Read More »
Today at the D23 Expo 2015 Disney announced not one, but two Star Wars Land expansions for Disney parks, one at Disneyland park in Anaheim, CA, and another at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL. Both versions will be the largest-ever park expansions, at 14 acres each. (You can find good speculative info here about where these expansions are likely to go.)
But the size is actually less important than the attractions. Star Wars Land will be a wholly in-character experience, with alien servers and workers at all parts of the attraction, including a Cantina. Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy two signature attractions, including one that puts fans inside the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon.
Bob Iger said (bold emphasis ours), “these new lands at Disneyland and Walt Disney World will transport guests to a whole new Star Wars planet, including an epic Star Wars adventure that puts you in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.” Read More »
Whats the latest news on a Star Wars land coming to Disneyland? A new report claims that the new Star Wars Land, which will likely be announced at D23 Expo 2015 later this week, will include multiple attractions, anchored by a mega E Ticket ride which will employ “a trackless vehicle that will break the mold when it comes to how theme park visitors interact with a ride environment.” More details on the rumored Disneyland Star Wars Land plans after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Have the current Disneyland Star Wars Land plans been rejected by the Disney board?
- Disney head Bob Iger tries to temper huge box office expectations for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Exclusive extras to come with Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Disney Infinity bundles at select retailers.
- Simon Kinberg describes how the brain trust plots the new Star Wars films
- TOYS “R” US will host a Midnight “Force Friday” Celebration
- The header image is a Star Wars: The Force Awakens Apoca Star Destroyer on Jakku created by KevFett2011 with 12,000 lego bricks
- Possible Spoilers: A new rumor claims an iconic Star Wars character might be getting a Force Awakens action figure — even if this is true, does it mean anything for the film?
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Tomorrowland, the futuristic section of Disneyland, is about to lose one of its largest attractions and that raises questions about what’s coming next. The interactive exhibit called Innoventions, one of the biggest spaces in the area, is closing March 31, according to a local newspaper. This is a sudden, yet expected closure that’s raising speculation about whether or not it is the first step to the inevitable Star Wars presence in the park. Another possibility for the Innoventions space is a tie-in to Brad Bird’s Tomorrowland, which opens some two months later. Or maybe it’s not a movie tie-in at all. Read more about Innoventions closing below. Read More »
We’ve been talking about a Star Wars theme park since well before Disney bought the franchise. Since then though, an announcement about an expansion has been inevitable. Where would it be? How big will it be? What are the specifics? These are just a few questions Star Wars and theme park fans have been asking themselves for years.
The last we heard from Bob Iger, the CEO of Disney, was plans were held up a bit because they wanted the new Star Wars attractions to focus more on the new movies. And those movies weren’t quite ready yet. But in an interview Tuesday, Iger said he feels Disney will be able to announce those plans to the public “fairly soon” and that the plans are “ambitious.” Read more about the Disney Star Wars theme parks below. Read More »
Thursday morning Disney is expected to announce a large set of changes for Disneyland Parks and resort, including a big investment in Frozen in Disney California Adventure and Disneyland, The Muppets‘ DCA theatre will be gone for a while, a Cars Land ride replacement and more. And we also get a rumored timeline of where and when to expect Star Wars Land when it comes to Disneyland.
Read More »