As we’ve told you previously, ABC will be airing a special titled The Wonderful World of Disney: Disneyland 60 on Sunday, February 21st 2016. Among many other things, it will feature Harrison Ford giving a preview of the Star Wars Lands coming to Disneyland and Disney World. A television commercial for the special was released online earlier this week, but did it contain our first look at one of the Star Wars Land rides? Hit the jump to take a look.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, January 21st, 2016 by Peter Sciretta
Disney has still not shown us what Star Wars Land will look like, aside from a few pieces of concept art released at D23 Expo 2015 (some of which were pieces of concept art from The Force Awakens). We’ve previously learned that the 14-acre Star Wars Land would be built in the top left corner of the park, taking over land previously occupied by backstage areas, Big Thunder Ranch as well as some of Rivers of America. We’ve even seen beautiful official concept art of what the Rivers of America will look like after the construction is completed. But now we finally get a look at the layout of Star Wars Land. Hit the jump to see an early unofficial Star Wars Land map.
Posted on Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 by Peter Sciretta
In September, we told you that Star Wars Land would mean huge changes for Disneyland. The changes included the removal of Big Thunder Ranch and a re-routing of Walt Disney’s Rivers of America. Now that construction is about to begin, Disneyland Railroad and the attractions and shows that take place in Rivers of America have closed to make way for Star Wars Land. How will Disneyland look after Star Wars Land is added to the park? Find out, after the jump.
Posted on Thursday, January 7th, 2016 by Peter Sciretta
When Disney purchased Lucasfilm, not only did they buy Star Wars but all of the other George Lucas-owned subsidies. And that of course included Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), the legendary visual effects house that began with Star Wars. So its not a surprise to learn that Walt Disney Imagineering is working with ILM on rides and experience, which may very well include the upcoming Star Wars Lands announced for Orlando and Anaheim theme parks.
A new report from CES seems to suggest that one of the new Star Wars Land rides will be a “boat ride” like the Walt Disney classic Pirates of the Caribbean. Could it be for Star Wars Land? Find out what was revealed, after the jump.
Posted on Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015 by Peter Sciretta
A bunch of Disneyland rumors hit the web this week, including updates on the timetable, geography and construction of Star Wars Land, a new FastPass system that could be coming in 2016, a possible big revamp to Downtown Disney, an opening date for Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters, more information on the rumored Marvel Expansion planned for Disney California Adventure, and more.
Theme Park Bits: Star Wars Land, Harry Potter, Haunted Mansion, Disneyland FastPass+, Captain America and More
Posted on Monday, November 2nd, 2015 by Peter Sciretta
It’s been a while since the last Theme Park Bits, and I have a lot of bits saved up to discuss, including the following:
- Universal Studios Hollywood launches a virtual tour of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- FastPass+-style tests being conducted at Space Mountain in Disneyland.
- Watch a multi-angle perspective video of Fast & Furious: Supercharged.
- Captain America will be leaving Disneyland next week.
- Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land permit maps reveal Disney Hollywood Studios changes.
- Could Disney World’s Star Wars Land open in time for Christmas 2018?
- Marvel teases a new Haunted Mansion comic book series.
- Disney World’s Hollywood Studios will launch a Disney villain-only dinner event called Club Villain.
- New details on Animal Kingdom’s upcoming “Rivers of Light” show.
All that and more, in today’s Theme Park Bits. Hit the jump to board the ride.
Posted on Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 by Peter Sciretta
Last week, Disney announced that Star Wars Land construction would close popular attractions beginning January 11th, 2016. Now a new report claims that the construction will bring huge changes to Disneyland which would dramatically change Rivers of America and the look of Walt Disney’s original theme park. Learn about the rumored Disneyland changes details after the jump.
Star Wars Bits: Star Wars Land Construction, Shattered Empire #2 Preview, TFA Star Destroyer, Apple TV and More
Posted on Thursday, September 10th, 2015 by Peter Sciretta
Coming off of Force Friday, this week has been relatively light in terms of Star Wars news. I do have a bunch of Star Wars tidbits for you today. Here is what we’ll talk about in today’s Star Wars Bits:
- Get a high resolution look at the new Star Destroyer from Star Wars: the Force Awakens.
- When will Star Wars Land begin construction?
- More information about Jakku from Star Wars: Aftermath.
- See a few pages from Star Wars: Shattered Empire Issue 2.
- Star Wars is coming to the new Apple TV.
- A new Star Wars Battlefront image reveals a new game mode called “Drop Zone”
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire writer Greg Rucka talks about his intentions with the characters at the core of the comic book mini series.
- Disney and Funko’s new bi-monthly subscription box for Star Wars fans called Smuggler’s Bounty
- See previews from a new book called Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know.
- Star Wars Uprising is now available for your mobile devices.
- Find out how you can bid (for charity) on a Star Wars: the Force Awakens teaser poster signed by the entire cast.
- A $28,500 limited edition Star Wars watch from Devon?
- A video of some lovable kittens playing with Sphero’s BB-8
- The header image: it is now 98 days until Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters. Yes, we’re a day late — The image was tweeted yesterday by artist Jerrod Maruyama.
All that and more in today’s edition of Star Wars Bits. Hit the jump to hyperspace!
Star Wars Bits: Force Awakens Opening Crawl? BB-8 Plane, Disneyland Casting Call, JJ Abrams and More
Posted on Tuesday, August 18th, 2015 by Peter Sciretta
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits we will take a look at:
- A sneak preview of the possible opening crawl for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- JJ Abrams remembers the first time he saw Star Wars.
- Disneyland is casting for performers for Star Wars Launch Bay opening in October or November 2015
- New Star Wars credit cards that will give cardholders exclusive access to Star Wars meet-and-greets in Disney theme parks.
- See two new Star Wars comic book variant covers.
- Japan All Nippon Airways reveals a new plane which will be themed like BB-8 from The Force Awakens.
- The Star Wars: Uprising mobile game will have promotions at PAX Prime.
- Set photos from Star Wars: Rogue One at Cardington, which could be another recreation of an Original Trilogy location.
- Disney Interactive’s announcements from D23 Expo, including Force Awakens Disney Infinity figures and a look at the Battle of Jakku DLC level in Star Wars Battlefront which serves as a Force Awakens prequel.
- Another possible Star Wars Land location for the Disneyland version.
- And the header image is one of the illustrations created by Isaiah Stephens for Zimbio featuring Disney princesses and Star Wars mixed together
All that and more in today’s Star Wars Bits. Hit the jump to get to it.