Things are always kind of mysterious in the world of Theme Parks. Whether it be a return to The Haunted Mansion or a curious $800 million investment, there’s always something to discuss. In this edition of Theme Park Bits, read about the following:
- Disney just invested $800 million more into Shanghai Disney, could it be for Star Wars?
- New changes have been made to the virtual Fastpass + technology.
- Look at the new cell phone charging lockers.
- A new video exploring the Ratatouille ride has been released by Disney.
- The Hatbox Ghost could return to The Haunted Mansion for the 45th Anniversary
- A fun rumor links a new Soarin’ and Indiana Jones.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Walt Disney Imagineering is reportedly moving Scott Trowbridge, WDI Research & Development team vice president for creative, to a new dedicated project studio solely dedicated on creating theme park attractions and experiences based on the Star Wars franchise. Who is Scott and what does this mean for future Disneyland Star Wars attractions? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
2014 marks the opening of a brand new Pixar themed Disneyland thrill ride…in Paris. Below, watch an official teaser trailer for Ratatouille: The Totally Zany Adventures of Remy as well as the following:
- A tentative first phase of Star Wars Land has been green lit as Imagineers get Star Wars Episode VII info; plus more Disneyland rumors.
- Doc Brown’s Chicken at Universal Studios Hollywood has officially closed.
- What if Epcot’s World Showcase changed its theme entirely?
Read More »
UPDATE: We’ve been contacted by Disney Imagineering and told the quotes we originally reported, though from an official Disney website, were incorrect. Frank Reifsnyder, Communications & Media Relations Manager for Walt Disney Imagineering said, “There will be teases to Star Wars and to Avatar but nothing about any attractions or experiences based on those properties. Nor are we releasing any new information on those at the D23 Expo.” Basically, there will be teases, just not to anything specific or imminent.
Also, we’ve made a small change about which Marvel characters are appearing where at the event. Besides that, the original article follows.
The Walt Disney Company has officially acknowledged they’re working on new park attractions featuring Star Wars and Avatar. After months and months of speculation in regard to Star Wars (and uncertainty in regards to Avatar), a new blog from Disney Insider confirms the Walt Disney Imagineering exhibit at the D23 Expo in August will feature teases of attractions based on both franchises. Read More »
Even with a film called Tomorrowland currently in the works, Disney may soon abandon the concept in the park. The latest edition of the wonderful column Miceage on MiceChat suggests the current plan is to slowly, over the next several years, turn the Tomorrowland area of Disneyland in Anaheim into a full Star Wars area. A similar, but smaller, upgrade will be made at Walt Disney World too. And none of this will be officially revealed at the D23 Expo in August. Read More »
Hot off the heels of the officially confirmed Star Wars Episode VII casting breakdowns comes some news about the new animated series: Star Wars: Rebels, which will premiere on Disney XD on 2014. After the jump read about the following:
- Star Wars: Rebels will feature teen stars and likely follow the birth of the Rebel Alliance.
- A Disney World spokesperson says they have “nothing to announce” in regards to Star Wars park expansions, but there are new rumors.
- One site reports the Star Wars spin-off films will definitely be Boba Fett and Han Solo.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: