If you didn’t think JJ Abrams was an Apple fan, then take a look at the Apple Store-looking design of the bridge of the USS Enterprise in his Star Trek films. In his famous “mystery box” Ted Talk, Abrams enthused “I love Apple computers. I’m obsessed. My MacBook challenges me: ‘What are you going to write that is worthy of me?’”
So it comes as no surprise that Abrams was glued to the Apple announcements yesterday morning as he prepped for another day of shooting on Star Wars Episode VII. He even tweeted out a photo of a note he wrote geeking out about the new Apple Watch which was announced, but take note of the background of the photo which teases a Star Wars set which might seem familiar to fans of the series. What does this new JJ Abrams photo tell us about Episode 7? Lets speculate after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The above Star Wars Episode 7 fan poster was created by hobo95 (see more of his art on deviantart). Here is a look at what we’ll be talking about in today’s edition of Star Wars bits:
- John Boyega tweets a photo tease promising shooting has started on a new planet
- Liam Neeson comments on if he will return as Qui-Gon Jinn in Episode VII
- Tina Fey vows to crush Star Wars Episode 7
- Rumored descriptions for Star Wars Rebels Episodes 3 and 4
- Listen to Vanessa Marshall read an excerpt from Star Wars: A New Dawn
- Marvel declines to answer questions about Star Wars royalties
Hit the jump to read about all this and more.
Read More »
One of the first rules of reporting is that if you can’t get a primary source, get corroborating sources. Let’s say you’re trying to figure out what happens in Star Wars Episode VII. J.J. Abrams or Harrison Ford would be a primary source because they are directly involved. Since they can’t or won’t speak on the record about it, the best thing to do is find multiple unrelated people can who give you the same information. If you can get three people to corroborate something, that’s usually considered a fact.
We might now have two sources to push some big rumors toward fact.
Latino Review has been one of a handful of sources for the myriad Star Wars 7 rumors in the past few months. In a new column, they reveal almost everything they’ve reported was initially reported back in March on 4Chan. That seems to mean two independent sources have corroborated some of the biggest Star Wars 7 rumors/spoilers out there today.
Below, we’ll show you that original report and trace the links between the sites. Beware of massive spoilers. Read More »
If you’re good with a sword and appeared on Game of Thrones, apparently there’s a fair shot you can end up in a galaxy far, far away. Months after Thrones star Gwendoline Christie joined the cast of J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII, she’s now joined by another cast member. Miltos Yerolemou, who played Syrio Forel, the season one swordsman mentor to Arya Stark, has reportedly joined the film in an unknown role. Read more about the Miltos Yerolemou Star Wars 7 news below. Read More »
Want more Star Wars Bits? We’ve got more Star Wars Bits. It starts with some big time Star Wars Rebels updates and ends with some potentially massive Episode VII spoilers. (Don’t worry, they’re well hidden.) Below, read about the following:
- Watch three new commercials from Star Wars Rebels.
- Here are the top 10 fights in Star Wars, according to Lucasfilm.
- Read Dave Filoni‘s foreword to Star Wars: A New Dawn.
- The titles of the first episodes of Star Wars Rebels has been revealed.
- J.J. Abrams talks Apollo 11 from the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Latino Review drops some potentially major Episode VII spoilers.
Read More »
The Force is strong with the stars of Episode VII as the film has once again begun shooting, but that’s not all that’s happening in the world of Star Wars. Below, read about the following:
- Star Wars Episode VII has begun filming once again.
- Is Gareth Edwards and Gary Whitta‘s Spin-Off Movie about Yoda?
- Possible confirmation of that Episode VII Stormtrooper helmet.
- Watch a video of the Star Wars Rebels timeline.
- Executives hint that Star Wars characters are coming to Disney Infinity.
- Dave Filoni discusses the use of music and creation of character in Star Wars Rebels.
- Get a sneak peak at the Jakks Pacific toys for Star Wars Rebels.
Read More »
Don’t freak out, this image has NOTHING to do with the new Star Wars Episode 7 villain rumor
A couple weeks back, a hot rumor hit the internet explaining how the Star Wars Episode 7 villain could rewrite Star Wars franchise history. Well a new report adds more heat to the fire. Learn more about the new Star Wars Episode VII villain rumor after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
What you’ve got to love about Twitter are the windows it opens. The way a single tweet can just set your imagination on fire with possibility. Monday night, that happened twice. First as a joke, and then as a photo.
The photo featured Star Wars Episode VII director J.J. Abrams with his two co-stars, John Boyega and Daisy Ridley. It made you dream about the conversations being held between these three. Then, in the background, was someone else. Another famous director who, earlier that evening, made you wish if you could be one place in the world last night, it was with him. Edgar Wright tweeted that he too was hanging out with Abrams. Read More »