Several months ago, J.J. Abrams kicked off Star Wars: Force For Change, an initiative to raise money for the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) with the prize being a trip to the set of Star Wars Episode VII. The first video revealed a brand new creature from the world. A second video revealed the new X-Wing fighter. And now, Abrams revealed the results of the initiative and winner’s name with another excitingly cryptic photo. Is it a Episode 7 droid hand? Or perhaps Luke Skywalker’s robot hand? Check it out and read more about the Force for Change winner below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Thursday, news broke that actress Daisy Ridley had signed with a new agency. This in itself isn’t that exciting. While 99% of the world doesn’t know who the actress is (she only has like 7,000 followers on Twitter), next year that’ll change. She’s one of the leads in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII. Rumors and speculation have run rampant over which character the actress is playing but, buried in the agency story, was a bit of a hint. Her signing with the new agency is because she’s expected to return for Rian Johnson‘s Star Wars Episode VIII and Star Wars Episode IX. Read more about Daisy Ridley Star Wars below. Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII and Star Wars Rebels rumors, praise, trivia and even inside Hollywood stuff are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Disney CEO Bob Iger has seen Star Wars Episode VII footage.
- New rumors have risen about the location of the Millennium Falcon.
- Is Jabba’s Buboicullaar back in Episode VII?
- Star Wars spinoff writer Gary Whitta praises Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Is Boba Fett in Star Wars Rebels?
- Matt Reeves won’t be directing a Star Wars film for some time.
- Benedict Cumberbatch does a great Jar Jar Binks impression.
- What do the Miami Marlins have to do with Star Wars?
- Peter Mayhew heaps high praise on Episode VII.
- Read about how Star Wars Rebels is influenced by Ralph McQuarrie‘s art.
- Dave Filoni and more are confirmed for Star Wars Celebration.
- Daisy Ridley just got herself a fancy Hollywood agent.
- The official Star Wars Timeline is set. Sort of.
Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII, specifically the filming of it, is the focus of this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Harrison Ford is off his crutch and shoot resume Star Wars Episode VII filming soon.
- Mark Hamill and Daisy Ridley have been filming Star Wars Episode VII on Skellig Michael in Ireland…
- …and we have exclusive images of how the locals are capitalizing on the shoot.
- J.J. Abrams talked about shooting film on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Even though the Expanded Universe is no longer canon, many believe its important.
- Watch the full Star Wars Rebels panel from Comic-Con.
- John Boyega channels a superhero and Daisy Ridley drops a Star Wars selfie.
Read More »
Simon Pegg won’t appear in Star Wars Episode VII, but that doesn’t mean he won’t be part of the film in some other way. In a recent interview, Pegg continued to say what he’s always said about the film. He’s a huge fan, he’s friends with writer director J.J. Abrams, he’s visited the set, but him appearing would take people out of the movie. So he continues to say he won’t be on screen in Episode VII. But he also won’t, and hasn’t, said that he’s not in the movie at all, which is now leading to speculation the Shaun of the Dead actor might provide some kind of voice or performance capture where his face wouldn’t be an issue.
Follow the Simon Pegg Star Wars mystery below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, July 29th, 2014 by Angie Han
Why is Star Wars Episode VII upsetting Irish bird conservationists? Find out after the jump. Plus:
- Dave Filoni talks Star Wars: Rebels and Star Wars: A New Dawn
- Check out the cover of a new novel featuring Asajj Ventress
- Hasbro unveils a bunch of new Star Wars toys and figures
- Benedict Cumberbatch maybe hints at Simon Pegg casting
- … but Simon Pegg himself isn’t saying anything either way
- Mark Hamill discusses his “contractually obligated beard”
Read More »
Lots and lots of awesome in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Rumor has it one of Marvel’s first Star Wars comics will be Princess Leia.
- Star Wars Battlefront could come out alongside Star Wars Episode VII.
- If John Boyega is a Stormtrooper in Episode VII, does he appear in Star Wars Rebels?
- The final page of the Shakespeare Return of the Jedi book is an Episode VII poem.
- Listen to Simon Pegg as C-3PO.
- Many Star Wars stars have returned home to the United States for the upcoming hiatus.
- The Robot Chicken team did a Star Wars Episode VII video
- Hot Toys is officially doing Star Wars toys.
- See the two new Hot Wheels Star Wars vehicles.
- Read a very interesting Star Wars survey.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The first round of Star Wars casting was a male-centric lineup of talent, with only Carrie Fisher and newcomer Daisy Ridley balancing out the guys. But Star Wars Episode VII has added a few other women to the fold over the past few weeks: Lupita Nyong’o, Christina Chong, Crystal Clarke, and Gwendoline Christie have all signed on.
We don’t know much about the roles played by any of the women other than Fisher, but some really interesting new details have emerged about Gwendoline Christie’s possible role. We’ll keep all the spoilers after the jump, but fans of Christie’s Game of Thrones character Brienne of Tarth won’t be disappointed. Read More »