Though the box office for Star Wars: The Force Awakens has started to slow down, the buzz surrounding the film and the future of the franchise has never been stronger. While some fans didn’t fall in love with The Force Awakens, I think we can all agree this is a good place to start anew with Star Wars, and like Max Von Sydow’s character Lor San Tekka says at the beginning of the movie, “This should begin to make things right.” But it sounds like one fan wants to take a big step back for Star Wars: Episode 9.
There’s a petition on Change.org posted by a Brazilian fan who is campaigning to get Disney and Lucasfilm to bring back Star Wars creator George Lucas to direct Episode 9 instead of Jurassic World helmer Colin Trevorrow. Too bad that won’t ever happen. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow is out doing press for the home video release of the Jurassic Park sequel. Earlier today we wrote about his comments regarding which Jurassic Park quote inspired Jurassic World, and which quote will inspire Jurassic World 2. But Trevorrow also talked about that other little sequel he is attached to direct coming out in 2019: Star Wars Episode IX. Hit the jump to read the Colin Trevorrow Star Wars comments.
Read More »
Star Wars Bits ain’t like dusting crops, boy. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- Pottery Barn as a Millennium Falcon bed for purchase
- Colin Trevorrow teases work on Star Wars: Episode IX
- Star Wars Battlefront beta begins in October
- Star Wars: Episode VIII returning to The Force Awakens filming location
- Find out how C-3PO got a red arm in comic book one-shot
- Tearing open Sphero‘s remote-controlled BB-8 toy
- Anthony Daniels talks life as C-3PO and The Force Awakens secrecy
- Interview with Star Wars toys designer Mark Boudreaux
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster art
Read More »
The Lucasfilm portion of the D23 Expo 2015 opened with confirmation that Colin Trevorrow will direct Star Wars: Episode IX. The official into from Lucasfilm is below. Read More »
Even though we’re still 127 days from seeing Star Wars: The Force Awakens, this movie is the beginning of a plethora of projects all set in a galaxy far, far away. That means there has been a lot of planning behind the scenes with regards to the story arcs of the new characters and returning heroes in Episode VII, and thanks to all the Star Wars details emerging today, we have a better idea of how the future is being planned for the new trilogy.
Director J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy recently spoke about mapping out the new trilogy and emulating the themes of the original movies. There’s also chatter about just how much creative freedom director and writer Rian Johnson has on Star Wars Episode 8, despite having a basic idea of where the characters in the Star Wars universe are headed. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
A slew of new goodies from Star Wars: The Force Awakens has hit the web today, from new photos of our new heroes and villains, to juicy new details on Adam Driver‘s First Order bad guy Kylo Ren. Now some details about the future of the new Star Wars trilogy have surfaced.
J.J. Abrams has confirmed that he will not come back to direct Star Wars: Episode IX, though as we know from an earlier interview, he will be executive producing the second and third installments of this new trilogy. In addition, the director revealed what finally convinced him to direct Star Wars: The Force Awakens, after initially turning down the job. Read More »
Rumors are swirling for who might direct Star Wars: Episode IX. Demands are building for who should replace Josh Trank as director of the second Star Wars Anthology film. And there are some new details about Star Wars Weekends, the new Star Wars Battlefront and more in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Rumors are swirling about Joss Whedon directing Episode IX,
- Fans are asking for Joe Johnston to direct the second Star Wars Anthology movie,
- There’s an interview with the Star Wars Rebels line producer and production manager,
- Star Wars Weekends adding Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience,
- Details on Greg Grunberg‘s role in The Force Awakens,
- When is Secret Cinema‘s screening of Empire Strikes Back?
- Where is Poe Dameron from?
- An interview with Star Wars LEGO master builder Erik Varszegi,
- Star Wars Battlefront tease of planet Sullust and playable AT-ST,
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens reference books coming in December,
- And see a preview of the Darth Vader #5 comic.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 18th, 2015 by Angie Han
J.J. Abrams is currently finishing up Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but his time in that faraway galaxy may just be getting started. Rumor has it Abrams is wanted back for Star Wars Episode IX, expected out in 2019. More on the Abrams Star Wars Episode IX rumor after the jump. Read More »
J.J. Abrams has heard your complaints about Kylo Ren’s lightsaber. He’s heard that it’s terrible, and that it is great, and he thinks it’s all hilarious. That’s just one of the facts uncovered Wednesday when the director was given an award by the Visual Effects Society. Abrams, the co-writer and director of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, did some interviews before the event and our friends at Collider got five minutes to talk to Abrams about the franchise.
He talks about Kylo Ren’s lightsaber, the IMAX sequence, CG effects in the film, his role on the forthcoming Episodes VIII and IX, and gives some brief non-answers about the next trailer and Comic-Con. Watch the latest JJ Abrams Star Wars interview below. Read More »