Rumors are swirling for who might direct Star Wars: Episode IX. Demands are building for who should replace Josh Trank as director of the second Star Wars Anthology film. And there are some new details about Star Wars Weekends, the new Star Wars Battlefront and more in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Rumors are swirling about Joss Whedon directing Episode IX,
- Fans are asking for Joe Johnston to direct the second Star Wars Anthology movie,
- There’s an interview with the Star Wars Rebels line producer and production manager,
- Star Wars Weekends adding Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience,
- Details on Greg Grunberg‘s role in The Force Awakens,
- When is Secret Cinema‘s screening of Empire Strikes Back?
- Where is Poe Dameron from?
- An interview with Star Wars LEGO master builder Erik Varszegi,
- Star Wars Battlefront tease of planet Sullust and playable AT-ST,
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens reference books coming in December,
- And see a preview of the Darth Vader #5 comic.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, March 18th, 2015 by Angie Han
J.J. Abrams is currently finishing up Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but his time in that faraway galaxy may just be getting started. Rumor has it Abrams is wanted back for Star Wars Episode IX, expected out in 2019. More on the Abrams Star Wars Episode IX rumor after the jump. Read More »
Imagine being Rian Johnson. While we all sit out here and gossip about what’s happening in Star Wars Episode VII, he’s sitting at Lucasfilm with the full knowledge of that film, working on how the story will unfold after this first new chapter. For real, that’s got to be in the top five coolest jobs in the world right now. So it’s pretty special when the writer/director of Star Wars Episode VIII and potential writer of Star Wars Episode IX steps out of his Lucasfilm shell for a little interview.
Johnson Skyped into the live 500th episode of the Filmspotting podcast to talk a bit about his new movies. Among his statements was this: “I’m really excited about all the things I can’t tell you.” He also joked about how he got the job, what it means to him and his respect of the prequels. Read all about Rian Johnson and Star Wars 8 below. Read More »
As J.J. Abrams continues to work on Star Wars Episode VII, it seems his successor is about to get to work on the next major chapter in the ongoing Star Wars series. Looper writer/director Rian Johnson is expected to be announced as the writer and director of Star Wars Episode VIII. Initial reports said he was going to direct Star Wars Episode IX as well, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. He will, however, write a treatment for that third episode. More info is below. Read More »