So much to get to today. After the jump read about:
- Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse are all very close to signing for Kick Ass 2.
- Never fear, Christina Applegate will return as Veronica Corningstone in Anchorman: The Legend Continues.
- Piranha 3DD is out in theaters today as well as video on demand, making it the first 3D movie to do that.
- Die Hard 5, A Good Day To Die Hard, just added Victoria’s Secret and Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Anne Vyalitsyna to its cast.
- A young actress’ photos from the set of Star Trek 2 reveal a new Starfleet outfit.
- Weak tracking numbers have Universal backtracking on Snow White and the Huntsman 2 talk.
- Andy Samberg is wearing very tight, white short shorts on the set of Grown Ups 2.
- Men in Black 3 gets censored in China and a wardrobe lawsuit.
Read More »
From the Eighties, Nineties and up through today, this edition of sequel bits spans the decades. After the jump read about the following:
- Gremlins‘ star Zach Galligan joins the cast of Hatchet 3.
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch gush about his experience on Star Trek 2 and avoid the word “Khan.”
- Michael Dorn, aka Worf in the Star Trek universe, was asked to be in Star Trek 2.
- We’ve got a list of films that Scary Movie 5 is likely to parody.
- Four clips from Prometheus are now online.
And the debate rages on. After a very reputable Star Trek source said they’d confirmed Benedict Cumberbatch was indeed playing Khan in J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek 2, one of the film’s stars, Simon Pegg, has now come out and flat out stated that is not the case. Who should we believe? We discuss after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Monday, May 28th, 2012 by Angie Han
Have you spent the last 18 years wondering what happened to Pauly Shore‘s character after the events of In the Army Now? Well, too bad, because he plans to tell you anyway. Also after the jump:
- Hatchet 3 rounds out its cast with several horror movie stalwarts
- Piranha 3DD releases a hilarious making-of video on Funny or Die
- Arnold Schwarzenegger slips details about his Expendables 2 shoot
- Should a possible Men in Black 4 be called People in Black?
- Star Trek 2 will bring back a small supporting character
- Timo Vuorensola will further explore the world of Iron Sky
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, May 24th, 2012 by Angie Han
Now that G.I. Joe: Retaliation is no longer opening next month, thanks to a late-in-the-game decision to post-convert it to 3D, we’ve got another ten months to keep talking about it. After the jump, read director Jon Chu‘s earlier comments on the decision to shoot in 2D. Also:
- Get a look at Shaquille O’Neal on the Grown Ups 2 set
- Passion of the Christ sorta-prequel Mary Mother of Christ gets a director
- Star Trek 2 is heading to Iceland for second unit shooting
- Jonathan Frakes talks about his visit to the Star Trek set
- Uncharted actor Nolan North will be in Trek 2, but chess grandmaster Magnus Carlsen won’t
Read More »
Posted on Monday, May 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
Filmmaker J.J. Abrams is known for his obsession with secrecy, but if anything, that only seems to heighten the amount of fan speculation surrounding his projects. So even as filming on Star Trek 2 (or whatever they end up calling it) comes to an end, the rumor mill is nowhere close to shutting down. After the jump:
- Leonard Nimoy talks about his set visit
- Roberto Orci emphasizes that the new sequel is not a remake
- Check out the first photo of Alice Eve in costume
- Peter Weller drops hints about his mysterious character
Read More »
When it comes to news about sequels, you really can’t get more varied than the news you’re about to read in this column. We’ve got documentary sequel news, news on a sequel to a sequel that isn’t even out yet, news on a sequel that will likely never happen, news on a sequel to a movie that shouldn’t have a sequel and more. After the jump read about:
- Writers have been tapped to write The Smurfs 3 well over a year before The Smurfs 2 hits theaters.
- Will Smith would be interested in doing Hancock 2, but there’s no active development.
- Get your first look at the crew of Star Trek 2 as Lego characters.
- The latest installment in Michael Apted‘s Up series, 56 Up, premieres May 14.
- A new Men in Black 3 featurette focuses on the time-twisting story.
- The plot synopsis for Doctor Sleep, Stephen King‘s sequel to The Shining, is now online.
- Warner Bros. is reportedly developing a sequel to Contagion.
Posted on Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
Lots to see in today’s Sequel Bits, including a DVD featurette, a blooper reel, a TV spot, posters, and a (not at all revealing) set photo. After the jump:
- Another new TV spot debuts for Men in Black 3
- Gary Busey goes nuts in Piranha 3DD outtakes
- Watch a featurette from the Underworld: Awakening DVD
- Simon Pegg and Zachary Quinto tweet wrapping Star Trek 2
- Check out the Korean G.I. Joe: Retaliation posters
- Donnie Yen is set to return for Ip Man 3D
- Who wants to be an extra on Atlas Shrugged Part 2?
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Casting on Machete Kills continues to speed ahead, as Modern Family star Sofia Vergara becomes the latest to sign on. Also after the jump:
- Leonard Nimoy has not confirmed a Star Trek 2 cameo
- Tim Burton offers a tiny Beetlejuice 2 update
- Anna Faris probably won’t do Scary Movie 5
- Men in Black 3 gets creative with its marketing
- Kristen Stewart spills about the Breaking Dawn reshoots
Read More »
One Oscar nomination and Demian Bichir is everywhere. After getting a surprise, but well deserved, Best Actor nomination earlier this year for his work in A Better Life, the actor is beginning to line up quite an impressive list of projects. He just completed Oliver Stone’s Savages, appeared on Showtime’s Weeds and he’s just been cast in Robert Rodriguez‘s Machete Kills and William Friedkin‘s Trapped. Variety, who broke the news of this casting, also reveals that J.J. Abrams was at one point interested in casting the actor as the villain in Star Trek 2 but Bichir had to pass because of a scheduling conflict. Read more about all of this after the jump. Read More »