Posted on Wednesday, June 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
The still above from 21 Jump Street is an accurate representation of my reaction to the reveal that the sequel will be called 22 Jump Street. Also after the jump:
- Check out pics from Transformers 4‘s Texas set
- How much of Transformers 4 is set in China?
- Freida Pinto and James Franco won’t return (duh) for more Apes
- Marc Forster is “open” to a World War Z sequel
- Sofia Vergara gets another Machete Kills poster
- See a trailer for Despicable Me 2‘s “Minion Rush” game
- Watch tons of B-roll and interviews from Monsters University
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, May 30th, 2013 by Angie Han
Subtlety and restraint have their place in cinema, but Robert Rodriguez‘s Machete Kills isn’t it. The sequel to Rodriguez’s 2010 action thriller features deadly broads, weaponized boobs, a cackling madman, President Charlie Sheen (or President Carlos Estevez, rather), and a Machete (Danny Trejo) who’s just been pulled back from the brink of death. Watch the explosive first teaser trailer after the jump.
Read More »
The ascent of Robert Downey Jr. from near-outcast status to major movie star can be traced in part to Jon Favreau, who lobbied to cast Downey as Tony Stark in Iron Man. The success of the film minted the actor as a bona-fide star, and also helped push Favreau’s directorial career to a new level.
Now the two will work together once again on a much smaller project: an indie ensemble comedy called Chef. (Not to be confused with the project of the same name that once had David Fincher attached to direct.) Favreau scripted, and has assembled a cast that also features Sofia Vergara, John Leguizamo, and Bobby Cannavale. Read More »
Posted on Friday, April 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
After directing a string of big-budget actioners — Iron Man, Iron Man 2, and Cowboys & Aliens — Jon Favreau will get back in touch with his indie roots with his next project. The filmmaker has signed on to direct in star in Chef, which he also wrote and will produce.
In addition to Favreau, the cast will feature some solid talents including Sofia Vergara and Bobby Cannavale. John Leguizamo is also said to be circling. Get more details after the jump.
Read More »
This morning Megan Fox, Ed Helms, and Jessica Alba announced the nominations for the 2013 Golden Globes. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association, the organization behind the event, is famous for nominating films and performances simply based on their star factor — if there’s an actor that members of the HFPA want to hang out with, they’re sure to get a nomination.
But the HFPA is great at putting on a show, and so the Golden Globes generate a lot of attention every year. And, as the NY Times points out, with the Globes nominations coming just days before Oscar nomination voting starts, there’s a possibility that nominations here could affect Oscar voting. The Best Picture nomination set includes what is already becoming a standard set of awards favorites, such as Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook, and Zero Dark Thirty, but there are also nominations for Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, and Django Unchained. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen picked up a few nominations, actually, which was one of the big surprises.
The Golden Globes will air on January 13, 2013, hosted by Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. The full nomination list is below. Read More »
Is minimal design in teasers now the go-to for kids animation franchises? Despicable Me 2 used the approach to pretty cute effect not long ago, and here an international teaser for The Smurfs 2 (which is likely almost exactly the same as the forthcoming US teaser) relies on little but a Smurf, a white backdrop, and an insistent bit of text. It’s gentle and a little bit silly, like the Smurfs, if not all that memorable.
The real audience for a Smurfs movie won’t care much, I imagine, but the parents buying the tickets might not be all that excited to pony up just yet. Check out the teaser below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 by Angie Han
There’s a little bit of everything in today’s batch, including a new trailer, new pics, some casting info, and some industry drama. After the jump:
- Laurence Fishburne is in talks for Bryan Fuller‘s Hannibal
- Check out the not-so-monstrous Mockingbird Lane cast
- NBC’s new offerings for the fall season will debut early online
- Flip through promo pics from Dexter‘s seventh season
- Watch Claire Danes go crazy in a new trailer for Homeland
- HBO picks up a pilot by UK Office co-creator Stephen Merchant
- Modern Family‘s contract negotiations delay production
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Casting on Machete Kills continues to speed ahead, as Modern Family star Sofia Vergara becomes the latest to sign on. Also after the jump:
- Leonard Nimoy has not confirmed a Star Trek 2 cameo
- Tim Burton offers a tiny Beetlejuice 2 update
- Anna Faris probably won’t do Scary Movie 5
- Men in Black 3 gets creative with its marketing
- Kristen Stewart spills about the Breaking Dawn reshoots
Read More »