Filming locations, new stills, set photos, videos, rumors and more: let’s get on with this edition of Sequel Bits.
- Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez are already planning Sin City 3.
- Pitch Perfect 2 will return to Baton Rouge with original costume designer.
- Fast and Furious 7 is back to shooting in Abu Dhabi.
- Check out eight new stills from The Raid 2.
- Dreamworks hints at fifth Shrek movie.
- The Smurfs 3 will be completely animated.
- Paul Blart 2 continues casting.
- Series creator Michael Patrick King has a story for a third Sex and the City.
- Check out some crazy set photos from Sharknado 2: The Second One.
Read More »
With Sin City 2 in some kind of delayed limbo — some people speculate that the film is stuck in the same place that Captain Jack found himself at the beginning of Pirates 3. So I’m not exactly sure how credible this is, but Frank Miller has told MTV that he is also planning to film Sin City 3.
The story would concentrate on Miller’s “Hell and Back”, about a hallucinating artist named Wallace (a part rumored to be written for Johnny Depp). As for Sin City 2, Miller says “There was just some problems above us that I don’t understand… that I don’t really want to understand.” Wonder what that means. Wonder if this has anything to do with the failure of Grindhouse…
“Robert and I have a script and we’re all raring to go. We’re aching to get started,” Miller said. “I want to work with that crew againâ€¦that wonderful cast.”
A new LA Times article on Frank Miller has revealed a few interesting news tidbits:
- Miller has already interviewed actors for his big screen adaptation of Will Eisner’s The Spirit. One of the actors is a “notable Sin City star.” Any guesses on which star this could be? Filming will start this year.
- Miller had a meeting with Superman director Richard Donner. I wonder if this was just a meet and greet or a meeting over a possible future Miller adaptation? Or may-be even a new project based on an original Miller screenplay?
- Miller has finished 120 pages of the eventual 170 page Holy Terror, Batman! graphic novel: “Our hero’s key quote is, ‘Those clowns don’t know what terror is,’ ” Miller said. “Then he sets out to get the guys.”
- And we finally get confirmation that there are two sequels to Sin City in the pipeline. No word on if they will be shot back-to-back.
You can read the whole article at LATimes.com.
Robert Rodriguez broke onto the scene with the low budget action film El Mariachi, which spawned a trilogy (Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico). Well now Rodriguez is thinking of returning to the series with another trilogy. Yes, you read that right, ANOTHER TRILOGY.
Read More »