UPDATE: McQuarrie has confirmed on Twitter he’ll return for Mission: Impossible 6.
Original story from 11/19/2015 follows.
Despite concerns about the film’s ending rumored to need some extensive work, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation turned out to be quite the excellent blockbuster to finish out the summer, and it appears Paramount Pictures and Skydance are anxious to keep director Christopher McQuarrie around to keep the franchise going with Mission: Impossible 6. Find out more after the jump!
Variety has word that McQuarrie has been hired to write Mission: Impossible 6, but it’s not clear if he will be back to direct as well. As of now McQuarrie is still in talks with the studio about the project, but they’re getting close to wrapping up negotiations because the hope is for the sequel to be in production by next August. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Back during the production of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, rumors swirled that J.J. Abrams had brought his Star Trek franchise star (and now sequel co-writer) Simon Pegg into the galaxy far, far away for some kind of cameo in the movie. That rumor was confirmed when Pegg popped up in the Comic-Con sizzle reel from this past summer, wearing a big fat suit, apparently playing some kind of alien.
Now you can finally see what he looks like thanks to a new The Force Awakens featurette from the Disney Channel that focuses on Rey (Daisy Ridley). However, if you’re one of those fans who doesn’t want to see anymore footage, you may want to steer clear, because there are some new snippets of footage, both from the movie and behind the scenes. You’ve been warned! Read More »
Posted on Monday, November 23rd, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Pentatonix does Star Wars at the American Music Awards.
- Who’s Simon Pegg playing in The Force Awakens?
- Han and Leia get new Force Awakens banners, too.
- Captain Phasma looks super badass in a new image.
- See a life-size TIE fighter made of Christmas lights.
- Pick up a collectible Star Wars drink topper at Regal.
- Check out Joshua Budich‘s cool Star Wars portraits.
- … and Daz Tibbles‘ vintage-style comic book covers.
- Why it’s okay if Force Awakens doesn’t screen for critics.
- What Force Awakens details were revealed in a kids’ book?
- Google asks users to choose between Light and Dark.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, November 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a couple of casting updates, a seemingly cancelled project, and much more. After the jump:
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back adds Robert Catrini.
- Social Network‘s Abhi Sinha joins Conjuring 2.
- Warner Bros. pulls Project XX from its schedule.
- Peyton Reed imagines a Bring It On sequel.
- Simon Pegg talks about writing Star Trek Beyond.
- Bruce Willis responds to that Die Hard 6 fan pitch.
- No, Daniel Radcliffe won’t be back for Cursed Child.
- The original Aliens comic is getting a fancy deluxe edition.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 11th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away… there was another edition of Star Wars Bits! Here are all of the pieces of cool Star Wars news you might have missed, including:
- Daniel Fleetwood, the first fan to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens, has passed away.
- A new app lets you add Star Wars effects to your everyday life.
- Simon Pegg trashes the prequels… again.
- Stephen Colbert has a message for George Lucas.
- Yoda could have starred in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.
- Damon Lindelof discusses his “cursed” relationship with J.J. Abrams.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, October 6th, 2015 by Angie Han
Are there too many sequels? Brad Bird kinda thinks so, and he’s the one working on The Incredibles 2. Also after the jump:
- Vin Diesel has quietly revealed the title of xXx 3
- Will Smith says Bad Boys 3 is coming in the next 12-16 years
- Simon Pegg never plans to direct a Star Trek movie
- Jason Segel is writing, not directing, the Lego Movie spinoff
- Christoph Waltz has had it with those Blofeld rumors
- Katniss joins her “star squad” in a new Mockingjay Part 2 clip
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 20th, 2015 by Angie Han
It looks like director Justin Lin is bringing some changes to the Star Trek franchise. A video from the set of Star Trek Beyond reveals Kirk (Chris Pine) in a redesigned Starfleet uniform. In addition, we get a glimpse of Sofia Boutella as a new character who appears to hail from an entirely new alien species. See the new Star Trek Beyond uniforms and character after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Sunday, August 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Outlander‘s Tobias Menzies signs up for Underworld 5
- Dave Franco is also moving back in for Neighbors 2
- Jack Reacher 2 is gearing up for a fall shoot
- Jurassic World returns to IMAX 3D for one week only
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 reveals first images; John Stamos joins the cast
- Mrs. Doubtfire 2 definitely won’t happen without Robin Williams
- LeBron James is hoping for a Space Jam 2
- Sinister 2 drops a new clip and a featurette
- Lionsgate’s latest Hunger Games ad is accidentally NSFW
- Simon Pegg talks about feeling “pressure” as the writer of Star Trek Beyond
- Chris Pine and Idris Elba bicker (for charity) on the set of Star Trek Beyond
Read More »
When director J.J. Abrams was confirmed to direct Star Wars: The Force Awakens, before we even knew what the title for Episode VII was going to be, some fans were a little annoyed at his hiring. Abrams after all, already had a hand in rebooting Star Trek in 2009, and also directed the less-impressive sequel Star Trek Into Darkness. But it turns out Abrams isn’t the only Star Trek talent with hands in both sci-fi cookie jars.
As we know now, Simon Pegg has some kind of minor role in The Force Awakens as an unknown alien, because we saw him suited up on set in the behind the scenes reel that was revealed at Comic-Con. But Abrams has just confirmed that the Simon Pegg Star Wars connection also extends to helping shape the script, being an occasional part of the brain trust who brought ideas and insight into the story as well. Read More »