Posted on Wednesday, November 11th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away… there was another edition of Star Wars Bits! Here are all of the pieces of cool Star Wars news you might have missed, including:
- Daniel Fleetwood, the first fan to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens, has passed away.
- A new app lets you add Star Wars effects to your everyday life.
- Simon Pegg trashes the prequels… again.
- Stephen Colbert has a message for George Lucas.
- Yoda could have starred in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.
- Damon Lindelof discusses his “cursed” relationship with J.J. Abrams.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, October 6th, 2015 by Angie Han
Are there too many sequels? Brad Bird kinda thinks so, and he’s the one working on The Incredibles 2. Also after the jump:
- Vin Diesel has quietly revealed the title of xXx 3
- Will Smith says Bad Boys 3 is coming in the next 12-16 years
- Simon Pegg never plans to direct a Star Trek movie
- Jason Segel is writing, not directing, the Lego Movie spinoff
- Christoph Waltz has had it with those Blofeld rumors
- Katniss joins her “star squad” in a new Mockingjay Part 2 clip
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 20th, 2015 by Angie Han
It looks like director Justin Lin is bringing some changes to the Star Trek franchise. A video from the set of Star Trek Beyond reveals Kirk (Chris Pine) in a redesigned Starfleet uniform. In addition, we get a glimpse of Sofia Boutella as a new character who appears to hail from an entirely new alien species. See the new Star Trek Beyond uniforms and character after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Sunday, August 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Outlander‘s Tobias Menzies signs up for Underworld 5
- Dave Franco is also moving back in for Neighbors 2
- Jack Reacher 2 is gearing up for a fall shoot
- Jurassic World returns to IMAX 3D for one week only
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 reveals first images; John Stamos joins the cast
- Mrs. Doubtfire 2 definitely won’t happen without Robin Williams
- LeBron James is hoping for a Space Jam 2
- Sinister 2 drops a new clip and a featurette
- Lionsgate’s latest Hunger Games ad is accidentally NSFW
- Simon Pegg talks about feeling “pressure” as the writer of Star Trek Beyond
- Chris Pine and Idris Elba bicker (for charity) on the set of Star Trek Beyond
Read More »
When director J.J. Abrams was confirmed to direct Star Wars: The Force Awakens, before we even knew what the title for Episode VII was going to be, some fans were a little annoyed at his hiring. Abrams after all, already had a hand in rebooting Star Trek in 2009, and also directed the less-impressive sequel Star Trek Into Darkness. But it turns out Abrams isn’t the only Star Trek talent with hands in both sci-fi cookie jars.
As we know now, Simon Pegg has some kind of minor role in The Force Awakens as an unknown alien, because we saw him suited up on set in the behind the scenes reel that was revealed at Comic-Con. But Abrams has just confirmed that the Simon Pegg Star Wars connection also extends to helping shape the script, being an occasional part of the brain trust who brought ideas and insight into the story as well. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Where are those transmissions you intercepted? What have you done with those Star Wars Bits? This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- Adam Driver comments on Star Wars experience
- New planet name from The Force Awakens revealed?
- Catch up on Star Wars canon updates from July
- How LucasArts fell from grace
- Mark Hamill gives the best autographs
- Simon Pegg ranks all the Star Wars movies
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got more sequel bits than you can shake a stick at. After the jump:
- Syfy’s Lavalantula sequel gets a brilliantly bad title
- Kung Pow 2 is happening, says director Steve Oedekerk
- The Transporter Refueled drives into IMAX theaters this fall
- Ride Along 2 gets a PG-13 rating from the MPAA
- Neighbors 2 and Sinister 2 get release date changes
- Simon Pegg has an issue with the Mission: Impossible marketing
- Tom Cruise is adamant Top Gun 2 won’t be filled with CG jets
- Chris McQuarrie explains why he’s not doing Jack Reacher 2
- Josh Gad gives a (jokey) tease about the Frozen 2 plot
- Charlie Hunnam hopes Pacific Rim 2 is more character-driven
- Idris Elba will be “interesting” and “complex” in Star Trek 3
- Hotel Transylvania 2 unveils a new travel promo
Read More »
I’ve outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers mind you, I’m talking about the big Star Wars Bits now. Here’s the updates we have from a galaxy far, far away this time:
- Are three live-action Star Wars shows planned for Netflix?
- Bob Iger has already seen The Force Awakens…mostly.
- Simon Pegg talks his experience on The Force Awakens set.
- Game of Thrones actors in The Force Awakens confirmed?
- New LEGO Star Wars photography book coming in November.
- Gary Whitta talks Star Wars: Rogue One writing process.
- J.J. Abrams on pressure of directing The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 by Angie Han
Were Harry Potter a real person, he’d be turning 35 this Friday. To wish him a happy birthday, Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon brought on a special guest in last night’s episode: Drunk Ron Weasley, played by Simon Pegg.
Unfortunately, Ron pretty quickly gets sidetracked, threatening to show off his “Fifty Shades of Ginger” and weeping over his recent marital woes with Hermione. Watch the Drunk Ron Weasley video after the jump. Read More »