Posted on Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 by Angie Han
Forget all those cute little indies from Sundance — let’s dive into some big blockbuster sequels. After the jump:
- Get details on Arnold‘s big fight scene in Terminator: Genisys
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter will shoot this summer
- Colin Firth “might be ready” for Bridget Jones 3
- Now You See Me 2 picks up Henry Lloyd-Hughes
- Christine Taylor‘s Matilda will return for Zoolander 2
- Chris Pine likes Simon Pegg as the Star Trek 3 screenwriter
- Watch the trailer for The Man with the Iron Fists 2
- The Divergent sequel Insurgent gets one more poster
- A Hot Tub Time Machine 2 TV spot warns against deflated balls
- Ted 2 gets a poster and a certain Patriots quarterback
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Simon Pegg has some big writing credits to his name — stuff you’ve probably seen, like Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World’s End, and Spaced. Now he’s reportedly set to co-write Star Trek 3, and will work on the script with Doug Jung. Read More »
We’re still waiting to hear what film director Edgar Wright is doing next, but we know the next step for his first feature. Wright’s Shaun of the Dead has been turned into a live stage production by Almost Legal Productions. It premiered in late October of this year but is coming back in the next few months. Both Wright and Simon Pegg, who starred in and co-wrote the film, gave the officially licensed show their seal of approval. The show will be performed all over the UK during 2015 and tickets are on sale now.
Below, see a trailer for Shaun of the Dead Live, including some of the musical numbers and examples of audience participation, and read more about the show. Read More »
Kill Me Three Times stars Simon Pegg as an assassin. Already, you’re probably interested. But Kill Me Three Times apparently has much, much more to offer than just that. Directed by Kriv Stenders, the film stars Pegg as an assassin hired by a husband (Callan Mulvey) to kill his wife (Alice Braga). The problem is, Pegg isn’t the only assassin on the lady’s tail. An assassin team, Sullivan Stapleton and Teresa Palmer, are also trying to kill her and that seems like the first of a multitude of escalating issues for everyone involved.
The film hits iTunes and on demand March 26 before going to theaters April 10. Now, the first Kill Me Three Times trailer has been released. Check out the hilarious, NSFW trailer below. Read More »
Lots of non-spoiler talk about The Force Awakens and the rest of the Star Wars universe in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- J.J. Abrams and R2-D2 get hit with flying fish on the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens may have shot in a giant water tank.
- Pinewood Studios will be home to Episode VIII and the Gareth Edwards spin-off.
- Mark Hamill may have filmed The Force Awakens scenes without his beard.
- Simon Pegg creates a link between Spaced and The Force Awakens.
- Daniel Radcliffe talks about hanging out on the Millennium Falcon.
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue is finally coming to Disneyland paris.
- Make your own Force Awakens meme and learn more about the font choice.
- A possible description of a scene in the desert.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Lots of awesome Episode VII talk highlights this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Some fun rumors pop up about Episode VII cameos for Simon Pegg, Benedict Cumberbatch and the role of Warwick Davis.
- A full, rumored scene is described as well as a hint at the film’s opening.
- Read some news and see some photos from the Star Wars Episode VII wrap party.
- Mark Hamill has shaved his Star Wars Episode VII beard.
- Actress Christina Chong talks working on Episode VII.
- An upcoming book will reveal a new Episode VII ship.
- Does concept art highlight changes made from the Michael Arndt script to the J.J. Abrams/Lawrence Kasdan one?
- Peter Jackson also visited the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- See the Hot Toys Stormtrooper figures.
- An official Star Wars costume exhibit has been announced.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 29th, 2014 by Angie Han
Simon Pegg has been through some very weird stuff on the big screen, including a zombie apocalypse and an attempted alien takeover. But his new movie Absolutely Anything gets even crazier, granting him the power to make “absolutely anything” happen.
Directed by Terry Jones, the sci-fi comedy stars Pegg as a schoolteacher named Neil Clarke who gains magic powers after a brush with aliens. The film reunites Jones with his Monty Python mates John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, and Michael Palin, while Robin Williams joins in as the voice of a dog. See the first Absolutely Anything images after the jump.
Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Lost Missions is coming to Blu-ray, see the cover art, find out information about the release and when to expect it.
- What can we expect from the Jedi in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Joel Edgerton is interested in returning as Uncle Owen if they actually make a rumored Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off film.
- The third installment of an in-depth interview with Star Wars Rebels producer Simon Kinberg.
- Simon Pegg‘s observation on the generational gap of the Star Wars trilogies thus far.
- An early preview of 16 new Star Wars LEGO sets
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
The Disney Channel is quickly becoming something geeks need to keep an eye on. If having a brand new Star Wars series on it this week wasn’t enough, their long running hit Phineas & Ferb continues to attract in A-List geek talent. They’ve already done Star Wars episodes, Marvel episodes, Damon Lindelof wrote an recent Lost-themed episode, and soon Simon Pegg and Nick Frost will appear as their Shaun of the Dead characters Ed and Shaun. What could bring those two iconic character to the show? You can watch the Shaun of the Dead animated clip below and find out. Read More »