Posted on Monday, March 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
Last week brought a major rumor that Idris Elba would be playing a Klingon villain in Star Trek 3. So inevitably, this week brings a stringent denial of said rumor. Star Trek 3 star and writer Simon Pegg says in no uncertain terms that the talk isn’t true — the Klingon part of it, anyway. The Idris Elba part might still be.
Read Pegg’s response to the Idris Elba Klingon talk after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, March 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
Some new pics, some casting, and some very interesting quotes in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Ethan Suplee is also back for Mallrats 2
- Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 books Bella Thorne
- Sam Jones says he’s already set for Ted 3
- Sharknado 3 will be “the worst,” says the Hoff
- See Zoolander and Hansel model for Valentino
- Vin Diesel predicts Best Picture for Furious 7
- There will be a gay couple in Independence Day 2
- James Wan is getting to work on The Conjuring 2
- Simon Pegg is “terrified” to write Star Trek 3
Read More »
Tom Cruise and Christopher McQuarrie dropped a little present for us on Sunday morning. They revealed the first Mission Impossible 5 trailer, along with a poster and title. That title: Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation. And, actually, it’s not even the full trailer. It’s a minute-long tease for the full trailer which will hit on Monday, March 23. Still, it’s the best trailer tease you’ve ever seen. None of this 20 seconds and no footage crap.
Check out the Mission Impossible 5 trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 20th, 2015 by Angie Han
When he’s not collaborating with Edgar Wright, beaming up James Kirk, or nearly fumbling missions with Ethan Hunt, Simon Pegg can apparently make for a pretty convincing romantic lead. At least that’s what the new Man Up trailer wants to believe, in which he plays a man who catches the eye of unlucky-in-love Lake Bell.
She’s a cynic who’s all but given up on finding love; he’s a charming romantic who’s been set up on a blind date. Through a series of only-in-the-movies mix-ups, he mistakes Bell for his blind date, and they proceed to hit it off before the embarrassing truth comes spilling out. Watch the Man Up trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 by Angie Han
Forget all those cute little indies from Sundance — let’s dive into some big blockbuster sequels. After the jump:
- Get details on Arnold‘s big fight scene in Terminator: Genisys
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter will shoot this summer
- Colin Firth “might be ready” for Bridget Jones 3
- Now You See Me 2 picks up Henry Lloyd-Hughes
- Christine Taylor‘s Matilda will return for Zoolander 2
- Chris Pine likes Simon Pegg as the Star Trek 3 screenwriter
- Watch the trailer for The Man with the Iron Fists 2
- The Divergent sequel Insurgent gets one more poster
- A Hot Tub Time Machine 2 TV spot warns against deflated balls
- Ted 2 gets a poster and a certain Patriots quarterback
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Simon Pegg has some big writing credits to his name — stuff you’ve probably seen, like Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World’s End, and Spaced. Now he’s reportedly set to co-write Star Trek 3, and will work on the script with Doug Jung. Read More »
We’re still waiting to hear what film director Edgar Wright is doing next, but we know the next step for his first feature. Wright’s Shaun of the Dead has been turned into a live stage production by Almost Legal Productions. It premiered in late October of this year but is coming back in the next few months. Both Wright and Simon Pegg, who starred in and co-wrote the film, gave the officially licensed show their seal of approval. The show will be performed all over the UK during 2015 and tickets are on sale now.
Below, see a trailer for Shaun of the Dead Live, including some of the musical numbers and examples of audience participation, and read more about the show. Read More »
Kill Me Three Times stars Simon Pegg as an assassin. Already, you’re probably interested. But Kill Me Three Times apparently has much, much more to offer than just that. Directed by Kriv Stenders, the film stars Pegg as an assassin hired by a husband (Callan Mulvey) to kill his wife (Alice Braga). The problem is, Pegg isn’t the only assassin on the lady’s tail. An assassin team, Sullivan Stapleton and Teresa Palmer, are also trying to kill her and that seems like the first of a multitude of escalating issues for everyone involved.
The film hits iTunes and on demand March 26 before going to theaters April 10. Now, the first Kill Me Three Times trailer has been released. Check out the hilarious, NSFW trailer below. Read More »
Lots of non-spoiler talk about The Force Awakens and the rest of the Star Wars universe in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- J.J. Abrams and R2-D2 get hit with flying fish on the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens may have shot in a giant water tank.
- Pinewood Studios will be home to Episode VIII and the Gareth Edwards spin-off.
- Mark Hamill may have filmed The Force Awakens scenes without his beard.
- Simon Pegg creates a link between Spaced and The Force Awakens.
- Daniel Radcliffe talks about hanging out on the Millennium Falcon.
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue is finally coming to Disneyland paris.
- Make your own Force Awakens meme and learn more about the font choice.
- A possible description of a scene in the desert.
Read More »