Posted on Thursday, October 8th, 2015 by Angie Han
Is Justice League Dark moving forward or what? How much could Avengers: Infinity War cost? Want another look at Batman v Superman‘s Batmobile? How about a first look at The Flash‘s Zoom? What’s the main challenge of adapting Captain Marvel? How are Daredevil and Jessica Jones advertising at New York Comic-Con? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits we’ll take a look at the following:
- The date and location of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens world premiere
- The Disney logo/fanfare will not play before Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Is the rumor that Star Wars: The Force Awakens won’t screen early for press a bad sign?
- What color lightsaber would Benicio del Toro have?
- Star Wars producer Simon Kinberg on secrets, strong female characters and Bob Iger‘s involvement.
- R2 Builders have launched the BB-8 Builders Club
- And the above art is Niel Brady’s submission to the Star Wars Art Awakens fan art contest.
All that and more in today’s Star Wars Bits. Hit the jump to hyperspace!
Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 14th, 2015 by Angie Han
Any way you slice it, Josh Trank‘s Fantastic Four was a bomb. Not only was it the second biggest flop of the summer, it got the worst reviews of any Marvel movie ever — from critics and audiences. And the film’s troubles began long before it hit screens, based on all the reports of behind-the-scenes drama.
But it’s still a valuable IP, and so in spite of all that bad buzz, Fox is pressing onward with a sequel. Producer Simon Kinberg says he’s “really focused” on making a Fantastic Four 2 happen with the same cast. Star Kate Mara, on the other hand, sounds more skeptical. Read the Fantastic Four 2 Simon Kinberg and Kate Mara comments after the jump. Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Have the current Disneyland Star Wars Land plans been rejected by the Disney board?
- Disney head Bob Iger tries to temper huge box office expectations for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Exclusive extras to come with Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Disney Infinity bundles at select retailers.
- Simon Kinberg describes how the brain trust plots the new Star Wars films
- TOYS “R” US will host a Midnight “Force Friday” Celebration
- The header image is a Star Wars: The Force Awakens Apoca Star Destroyer on Jakku created by KevFett2011 with 12,000 lego bricks
- Possible Spoilers: A new rumor claims an iconic Star Wars character might be getting a Force Awakens action figure — even if this is true, does it mean anything for the film?
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
For every science-inspired film there’s at least one expert ready to grab headlines by talking about how that film’s science is all wrong. Sometimes the arguments are pedantic and tiring, but at best they’re interesting, and can be a good way to get some actual facts and theories out to a wide audience.
For example, there’s the fact that Antony, the winged ant used as a steed by Paul Rudd’s character in Ant-Man, is actually female. That fact comes from a great interview with a professor of biology who has a lot to say about ants, and the relationship of their on-screen depiction to real-world behavior.
Getting out in front of the whole “impossible science of Reed Richards” discussions, Fox has recruited Michio Kaku for a set of Fantastic Four science videos that discuss the actual science and theories behind some of the concepts seen in the film, and the comics that inspired it. Read More »
Simon Kinberg is turning back to some classic film science fiction. A new version of Logan’s Run has been in development for years, with various directors (including Nicolas Winding Refn and Kinberg’s X-Men compatriot Bryan Singer) attached to make the film at different times. There’s a constant allure to the property, which depicts a futuristic society in which life is forcibly ended at 30.
Now Kinberg, whose plate is already pretty crowded with writing and producing superhero movies at Fox and writing and producing Star Wars Rebels and a Star Wars Anthology film, is writing a new treatment for Logan’s Run at Warner Bros., which he will produce with Joel Silver. Read More »
These Star Wars Bits are now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest you use them. Here’s what you can expect from this round of Star Wars updates:
- Simon Kinberg talks Darth Vader on Star Wars Rebels
- See the Star Wars LEGO Dagobah Comic-Con exclusive set
- Mark Wahlberg probably won’t see Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- JAKKS Pacific Boba Fett parade-inspired action figure
- Second teaser for Episode VII sets a Guinness World Record
- Mark Hamill growing his Jedi beard again
- Original Star Wars screens theatrically in China for the first time
- William Shakespeare’s Revenge of the Sith cover art revealed
- New The Force Awakens promo image with Finn, Chewie and more
- Ken Leung may have small role in The Force Awakens
- Jon Favreau likely not directing any Star Wars movies
- LEGO BB-8 is as adorable as you think
Read More »
If only I could’ve talked to Simon Kinberg two hours after I talked to him at Star Wars Celebration. I would have seen the season 2 premiere of Star Wars Rebels which answered many of the questions I asked. Even better, if I could’ve talked to him two weeks later, I could have asked the show’s executive producer about his Fantastic Four director, Josh Trank, leaving the Star Wars universe. Alas, neither of those things happened.
What did happen was a quick, 1:1 chat minutes after seeing the Star Wars Rebels season 2 trailer at Celebration which raised a whole bunch of questions about the second season of the hit show. Basically, if you weren’t at Celebration and only watched the trailer for Rebels Season 2, this is the perfect interview for you. Even if you were there though, there’s good stuff in here.
Kinberg talked about working with the story group to bring original trilogy characters into the series, that shocking season one finale, how far he is into season two and the end game of the series. Below, read our latest Simon Kinberg Star Wars Rebels interview. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
We’ve seen the story of Boba Fett‘s youth, including the events by which he was adopted as the son of Jango Fett rather than becoming one of the first generation of Stormtroopers. But we still haven’t quite seen how Boba Fett specifically became the character who appeared in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Now, we’ll see a lot more of the fan-favorite character, as the second Star Wars Anthology film will reportedly be a Boba Fett origin story. Read More »
Want your best look yet at all the costumes from Josh Trank‘s Fantastic Four? Of course you do. They’re here courtesy of four character posters as well as a cumulative banner, featuring stars Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Jamie Bell and Michael B. Jordan. The film opens August 7, check out the new Fantastic Four posters below. Read More »