Posted on Thursday, July 21st, 2016 by Angie Han
We’ve heard some stray rumblings over the years that Shrek 5 could be coming, and now those rumblings have turned into something a little louder and clearer. As Universal nails down the final details of their $3.8 billion deal to acquire DreamWorks Animation, the studio is making plans to release Shrek 5 in 2019. And that’s not all: they’re also moving forward with Shadows, a new feature from Edgar Wright and David Walliams. Read More »
If you’ve been holding out hope that we might see the Shrek franchise return to the big screen, we have some good news. This year marks the 15th anniversary of the original DreamWorks Animation film featuring the voices of Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy and Cameron Diaz, and to celebrate the milestone, the studio is figuring out a way to bring the franchise back from the dead.
Comcast’s NBC Universal recently bought DreamWorks Animation, and part of their plan for the animation studio includes creating more Shrek sequels, as revealed by NBCU chief executive Steve Burke during the Guggenheim TMT Symposium in New York. Find out more about the revival of the Shrek franchise after the jump. Read More »
Filming locations, new stills, set photos, videos, rumors and more: let’s get on with this edition of Sequel Bits.
- Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez are already planning Sin City 3.
- Pitch Perfect 2 will return to Baton Rouge with original costume designer.
- Fast and Furious 7 is back to shooting in Abu Dhabi.
- Check out eight new stills from The Raid 2.
- Dreamworks hints at fifth Shrek movie.
- The Smurfs 3 will be completely animated.
- Paul Blart 2 continues casting.
- Series creator Michael Patrick King has a story for a third Sex and the City.
- Check out some crazy set photos from Sharknado 2: The Second One.
Read More »