A nugget of hope for what would be the most anticipated sequel of all time is just one of the many things in today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump read about:
- Tim Burton and Winona Ryder didn’t sound enthused about Beetlejuice 2.
- Take a peek at the Reaping stage from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and read where the beach scenes will be filmed.
- Sin City: A Dame To Kill For just picked up international distribution.
- Jude Law says Sherlock Holmes 3 is more a matter of “when” and not “if.”
- Rian Johnson answers the big question: Will there be a sequel to Looper?
- J.K. Rowling said she’d do another Harry Potter book if she had a “great idea.”
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, September 18th, 2012 by Angie Han
None of these updates are all that major, but there are a lot of them so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Channing Tatum won’t direct Magic Mike 2 just yet
- Stephen King‘s The Shining (book) sequel gets dated
- Jude Law is totally up for more Sherlock Holmes
- Karen Allen reiterates Indy 5 is up to George Lucas
- Seth MacFarlane is “thinking about” a sequel to Ted
- Men in Black 3 and the trilogy hit Blu-ray / DVD this fall
- Rosario Dawson says Sin City 2 will shoot in November
- Super Troopers 2 hits legal trouble; Pot Quest still simmering
Read More »
There’s a lot of early talk about sequels going around this week, as the directors of current movies promote their new releases. After the break, we’ve got quotes on the following:
- Mark Neveldine says Crank 3 will happen,
- Rupert Wyatt talks about a Planet of the Apes sequel,
- Brad Bird has a couple more comments about The Incredibles 2,
- Guy Ritchie talks up a possible RocknRolla sequel,
- And Robert Downey Jr. and producer Joel Silver address a possible Sherlock Holmes 3.
Read More »
Can we assume that Robert Downey Jr. has become a fan of Iron Man 3 screenwriter Drew Pearce? Months before Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows opens, Pearce has been hired to write the provisional Sherlock Holmes 3 for Warner Bros. (Just as the studio hired A Game of Shadows screenwriters Kieran and Michele Mulroney to get to work on the script before Sherlock Holmes opened.) And since Pearce is writing the third Iron Man film, something Downey is likely quite involved in given his admitted disappointment with the second movie, it isn’t difficult to assume that Downey had a hand in suggesting him to pen Sherlock 3. No plot has been revealed for the potential third film at this time. [Deadline]
After the break, one Paramount exec says Paranormal Activity 4 is almost a certainty, and Frank Miller talks Sin City 2. Read More »