The first trailer for Noam Murro‘s 300 sequel, 300: Rise Of An Empire, has just been released. If you liked the look, feel and violence of Zack Snyder‘s original, you’re about to get much more of that.
Following Greek general Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) as he marches on the Persian armies of Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro) and his right hand woman, Artemisia (Eva Green), 300: Rise Of An Empire looks big, bloody and pretty damn exciting. See for yourself below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, February 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
After Anne Hathaway picks up her statue for Best Supporting Actress (Nate Silver said it would happen, so it must be true), she’ll be heading to the sunny beaches of Brazil. Or at least, she’ll be heading to a recording booth where she’ll pretend to be on the sunny beaches of Brazil.
Fox announced today that Hathaway will reprise her role for Rio 2, along with most of her Rio co-stars including Jesse Eisenberg, Jemaine Clement, will.i.am, Tracy Morgan, and George Lopez. They’ll joined by several new cast members as well, including Andy Garcia, Kristin Chenoweth, Bruno Mars, and Janelle Monáe. Learn more about the casting and plot details after the jump.
Read More »
Lots and lots of filmmakers and actors talking about their upcoming films in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read quotes about the followin:
- J.J. Abrams gives a brief update of the development of Mission: Impossible 5.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t sure of when Terminator 5 might happen…
- …but seems excited about playing Conan in The Legend of Conan.
- Playmate Crystal McCahill posted some photos from the set of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
- Sorry everyone, William Shatner does not appear in Star Trek Into Darkness.
- A Good Day To Die Hard will get a Dolby Atmos sound mix.
- Actor Rodrigo Santoro talks the story of 300: Rise of an Empire.
- Tom Selleck is still planning on doing Three Men and a Bride.
- John Woo would like to direct a third Expendables film, but has some demands.
Read More »
To hell with The Expendables, let’s move on to The Last Stand. South Korean director Kim Jee-woon (I Saw the Devil, The Good, the Bad, the Weird) makes his English-language debut directing Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s return to marquee-heading status. The straightforward action film features Arnie as a disgraced cop currently holding a small-town Sheriff post, who has to prevent a powerful drug lord (Eduardo Noriega) from escaping across the US-Mexico border.
Peter Stormare is the bad guy’s chief enforcer, but that’s OK; Arnie has Genesis Rodriguez, Luis Guzman, Jaimie Alexander, and, uh, Johnny Knoxville on his side. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
Disgusting as the Human Centipede franchise is, I’ve gotta hand it to director Tom Six. Most sequels try to go bigger and better, but few try to go 50 times bigger. After the jump:
- Tom Six says Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence) will feature a 500-person chain
- Rodrigo Santoro talks 300 2, or whatever they end up calling it
- Joss Whedon continues to spill his thoughts on a potential Avengers 2
- In case you were still wondering, no, there are no plans for a Green Hornet 2
- Skyfall set pics reveal a familiar-looking car and a handsome-looking Bond
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 by Angie Han
It’s not surprising that most of the marketing materials so far for What to Expect When You’re Expecting have focused primarily on the women. It’s inspired by a world-famous pregnancy manual, after all, and (Arnold Schwarzenegger in Junior notwithstanding) men don’t often get pregnant. But with a comedically gifted male cast that includes Chris Rock, Thomas Lennon, Ben Falcone, Rob Huebel, and Dennis Quaid, it’s about time we got to see what the dads have been up to. Watch the dude-centric new trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures finally have an important piece to the 300 prequel puzzle. The producers of 300: The Battle of Artemisia have chosen Sullivan Stapleton (Animal Kingdom) to play one of the two key male roles in the film, though there has been confusion as to whether he’ll be Xerxes or Themistocles. The current word points towards Themistocles. Noam Murro‘s film will be based on Frank Miller‘s 300 follow-up graphic novel Xerxes, and was scripted by Zack Snyder and Kurt Johnstad. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Celebrity Twitter accounts make some first-look reveals pretty easy. I’m surprised it has taken this long for Arnold Schwarzenegger to tweet out a cast photo from his new action movie The Last Stand. And I’ll say this: in this pic at least, he looks the part of an aged lawman who has retreated to a sheriff post in a small down. That’s Jamie Alexander with Arnie in the header pic; see the full image below for a glimpse of Luis Guzman and Johnny Knoxville as well. Read More »