Posted on Thursday, May 29th, 2014 by Angie Han
Lots of things to see in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- See a Transformers viral video and prepare for another trailer
- Michael Bay comments on the cool cars in Transformers 4
- 22 Jump Street gets another clip and another featurette
- Check out the trailer for Steve Coogan‘s The Trip to Italy
- Another Trailer Park Boys movie opens in the U.S. this fall
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Robert Rodriguez talk Sin City 2
- Here’s the Sin City 2 poster that was too hot for the MPAA
- Here’s the Dolphin Tale 2 poster that was just fine with the MPAA
Read More »
Michael Winterbottom‘s film The Trip was a feature paired down from three hours of BBC television in which Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon played versions of themselves eating and drinking their way through English restaurants. It was great stuff, very funny and consistently entertaining, whichever version you saw. The TV series sequel is about to hit UK televisions, so here’s the first The Trip to Italy teaser.
The edited-down film version of The Trip to Italy premiered at Sundance to good notes, but you probably don’t need to read reviews to know that Coogan and Brydon are going to deliver once more. You might recall that the first film was sold in part on the appeal of Brydon and Coogan dueling with Michael Caine impersonations; here you’ll see a glimpse of this sequel’s approach to Robert De Niro. (There are a good many other comic impressions in this film overall.) Check out the trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, May 5th, 2011 by Angie Han
A new trailer has been released for Michael Winterbottom‘s The Trip, starring Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon as fictionalized versions of themselves — similar to what they did in 2006’s Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story. When Coogan’s (fictional) foodie girlfriend dumps him, he reluctantly invites Brydon to join him on a ten-restaurant tour of North England as part of an assignment for The Observer. Much bickering, sniping, and mimicking of Michael Caine ensues. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »